94 Civic - Replacing headlight bulb [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : 94 Civic - Replacing headlight bulb

JVMHGF
05-21-2006, 12:15
Are there any early 90's Civic owners out here who have replaced the headlight bulb themselves? It SHOULD be a simple operation but it doesn't appear to be. I was able to disconnect the clip from the bulb but the bulb does not come through the back. It appears that the front lens element needs to be removed then the bulb can be taken out. Is this the correct procedure? Any help would be appreciated ...

Honda Ghandi
05-23-2006, 10:43
no, you need to turn the black plastic lock ring counter clockwise about a quarter turn to unlock the bulb from its perch. Sometimes they get a bit sticky because of age.

alienspeedfreak
06-12-2006, 19:57
and be sure not to touch the new bulb with your hand, oils can make it burn out faster....use a rag or something

wolfpack_5150
06-23-2006, 02:41
those "collar locks" can be a biotch. Give it a good turn and like was stated before dont touch the new bulbs, I use latex gloves when possible...Speaking of bulbs, they should be replaced in pairs for multiple reasons. Also I suggest checking the light pattern, differant brands may aim higher or lower.
While ur in there look for any corrosion in the terminals for the connector. Some dielectric grease will help seal out moisture and keep the green corrosion away. corrosion=more resistance which = dimmer lights.