OT : Palaui Island , Cagayan [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : OT : Palaui Island , Cagayan

Allegra
05-23-2006, 09:00
Anyone from Cagayan?
I need some info regarding travel time from mla
Is anyne familiar w/ Palaui Island? dark water ba ang cove?
Salamat po

GMV
05-23-2006, 21:12
Hi Allegra,

My family hails from Cagayan. Travel by plane from Manila to Tuguegarao City takes roughly an hour or more. There are daily flights to Tuguegarao City serviced by Air Philippines (MWF - departs Manila 12:40 p.m.) and Asian Spirit (TThS - departs Manila 9/10 a.m.). From Tuguegarao City, you'll have to take a Bus going to the towns of either Sta. Ana or San Vicente where you can take a boat to Palaui Island. You can also rent FX vans. The travel time to Sta. Ana/San Vicente from Tuguegarao City takes around 2 to 3 hours.

If you travel by land, it'll take around 10 to 15 hours from Manila to Sta. Ana/San Vicente.

Unfortunately, I've only been to San Vicente but haven't been to Palaui Island. Anyway, here's a link that might be useful: http://www.dotpcvc.gov.ph/starstudded/wowcagayanprov.html

Here’s a map of Cagayan: http://www.dotpcvc.gov.ph/starstudded/images/map-cagayan.gif

I'll be in Tuguegarao City next week and I'll ask around. I'll let you know. Anyway, happy trip and kwento when you return!

GMV

Allegra
05-24-2006, 04:20
Salamat pards! It's a big help
I'm leaving tomorrow na
May fiesta yata , all expense paid trip by the gov to promote the area. there's a speedo sponsored aquathlon kaya our whole club is going.
15hrs? kulang pa lord of the rings trliogy!!
I'll take some pics to post when I get back :)

kristiansen
05-24-2006, 19:40
Goodluck!!

Allegra
05-24-2006, 20:19
Thanx! :)

Allegra
05-28-2006, 10:03
just got back from cagayan north guys
I owe it to our hosts Gov. Lara and his staff and the various LGU's who were kind enough to give us a tour of the centuries old churches at each town, to promote their beautiful province.
I love towns were it's still safe to walk around at night and leave your doors unlocked.
2 days lang kami so we only got to see the churches plus Palaui island where we raced and Anguib Beach

Sobra ganda ng Palaui island. Unspoiled my wild carabaos roaming aruond. Fortunately , no sharks :)
Perfect place for a heart attack , we had to run a @#$%^ steep 1km to a lighthouse, another 2km thru the jungle , reach the shoreline and swim 1km in the sea , then repeat the lighthuse nad jungle run until the finishline. And I gave up IPSC for this? hehe
Reinjured my knee , kulelat as usual pero in fairness,
the navy commandos gave up sa swim , while the PNP reps gave up after the lighthouse :)
This is the lighthouse and the trail we ran up :

http://www.cagayannorth.ph/component/option,com_zoom/Itemid,34/page,view/catid,4/PageNo,3/key,33/hit,1/

After the race , Anguib Beach naman.
Unspoiled pa , walang resort , walang videoke, walang mga pangit , just kilometers of white sand and sunodsunod na islands palibot.

I'll have the pics up soon

GMV, ganda ng lugar mo , I'll be going back later this year :)

kristiansen
05-28-2006, 21:22
holy mackarel! you run up to that lighthouse? somebody must be crazy!:supergrin: congrats! and rests that injury.i envy you guys.am now again starting to prepare for the milo marathon.:) cheers!

Allegra
05-28-2006, 21:46
Originally posted by kristiansen
holy mackarel! you run up to that lighthouse? somebody must be crazy!:supergrin: congrats! and rests that injury.i envy you guys.am now again starting to prepare for the milo marathon.:) cheers!

Ran up twice hehe pero sigurado sisiw yan sayo , a marathon is a lot harder.
start swim training pards :) sama ka next year

Nga pala, here's Cagayan North's website :

http://www.cagayannorth.ph

GMV
05-29-2006, 02:46
Hey Allegra!

Did you take the plane or the road trip? ;) What towns did you visit? Anyway, glad you guys had a great time!

Cheers!!! :cheers:

kristiansen
05-29-2006, 06:19
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Allegra

start swim training pards :) sama ka next year

i know! i know! got to have a swim coach now. :beer:

Allegra
05-29-2006, 09:15
Originally posted by GMV
Hey Allegra!

Did you take the plane or the road trip? ;) What towns did you visit? Anyway, glad you guys had a great time!

Cheers!!! :cheers:

We took a bus , 6 na ikot ng mp3 at 5 gsm blue later , we were in Tuguegarao
Mejo nahihilo pako sa byahe kaya I dont remember all the towns names, Alcala, Camalinguin, .....nakakhiya tuloy , we were met by the all the Mayors bawat stop. Everyone was so kind

Sta Ana where we stayed is 45 min north of Aparri, kaya pala walang Eat bulaga dun
Sa CEZA kami , bago building for only 600p a night and the suite is 900p lang. Libre kami :)
So I guess the port area is really dulo na ng Pilipinas
Palaui Island is a 45 min banca ride from the port
Feeling VIP( na naka banca ) kasi may Navy commandos in full battle gear nakabantay on zodiacs sa palibot
We raced in the morning, nag banca for another hour papunta sa anguib ( tsalap )at noon, then balik sa CEZA for lobster and san mig light in the afternoon
Ang mura ng lobster!

here are pics of the race and the island :
http://asia.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/doboltap/album?.dir=/eb72scd&.src=ph

wala ako jan sa pics, need to lose 10lbs muna hehe
Photos courtesy of Ironman Alden Arellano

kristiansen
05-29-2006, 18:54
and the champion was only 14 years old?! your team was mako sharks?kakainggit ah! cheers.

Allegra
05-29-2006, 19:52
and the champion was only 14 years old?! your team was mako sharks?kakainggit ah! cheers.

Nope, we're from the Trantados Triathlon Club
ako nga lang yata umuwi ng luhaan sa grupo hehe mahina ako sa akyat
as if malakas ako sa flats :)

the 14 year old is from San Pedro Tri club
Iba yata tubig dun, bata pa lang tumatalo ng mga ex-rp team

Allegra
05-29-2006, 20:33

You read the inquirer? Mali facts nila as usual :)
I havent heard of a team called Laguna Mako Sharks from LB
Makes you wonder about our media

kristiansen
05-30-2006, 03:13
yeah.from inquirer.sonamagun! BTW,nice pics.lahat color chocolate ah.hehe

Allegra
05-30-2006, 06:11
yeah.from inquirer.sonamagun! BTW,nice pics.lahat color chocolate ah.hehe

yeah, maputi pa nga sakin yung laborer namin eh :)

Eye Cutter
05-30-2006, 06:40
fafa: pwede ba kami sumama as support crew next time??? kami nila batangueno magbabantay ng power bars, pagkain and drinks!

nyahahahaha!!! :clown: :supergrin:

Allegra
05-30-2006, 08:18
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
fafa: pwede ba kami sumama as support crew next time??? kami nila batangueno magbabantay ng power bars, pagkain and drinks!

hehe tara! punta kayo pag may party dito

batangueno
05-30-2006, 08:30
Originally posted by Eye Cutter

Hahaha :supergrin: ubos 'yon :supergrin: