Para Ord 18.9 LDA ltd. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Para Ord 18.9 LDA ltd.

Astra22
05-25-2006, 23:19
Good day mga bro!

Im a newbie in this forum. Im sure glad that I was able to find a pinoy forum about guns.

pa tanong naman po sa mg experts.

I am contemplating on buying a 2nd hand Para Ordnance 18.9 LDA Ltd. I got interested because of the high capacity (18+1 rounds 9mm) and the known excellent trigger pull of the Para Ords.

Please advice if i'l be doing the right thing.

Are Para ord acessories and components readily available? (like spare magazines, holsters, etc.)

I want a full size 1911 format 9mm.

thanks in advance for your time and advice.

SMBeerDealer
05-25-2006, 23:36
Welcome to the forum Astra 22!

The Para 18.9 LDA is a very good gun. Gundog and Eye Cutter were both using LDAs in production division before moving to the dark side.

Mec-gar brand magazines, sights, and holsters for ParaOrd are readily available but I'm not too sure bout the internals. Maybe the LDA experts can chime in. The LDA is not exactly a 1911 style pistol because it's a double action only pistol unlike the single action 1911. It only looks like a 1911.

For me, I'll grab an LDA if the price is right. It's a very nice gun. :supergrin:

SMBeerDealer
05-25-2006, 23:39
double tap

Astra22
05-26-2006, 01:36
thanks for the quick reply bro.

Im getting it at P60,000, still in good condition and makinis.
Tried shooting it also... very smooth trigger, parang revolver. I think that's how LDA is supposed to function.

What products would you suggest to clean your guns? (locally available) do you clean after coming form the range?

Pasensya na, I have a lot of questions.

thanks again.

Eye Cutter
05-26-2006, 04:50
are original ParaOrd magazines in 9mm now readily available? Had to special order my ParaOrd mags from APL in Cebu dati. Although Mecgar mags will fit.

So far, the only thing that broke in my pistol was the barrel link during last year's Bolo Cup.

Gundog had to replace his hammer return spring but it will not make your pistol inoperable.

the LDA is an excellent pistol. 60k is a good price for the limited. how many mags kasama? 2 mags? i don't know if stronghand already has spare parts and extra magazines available now.

Eye Cutter
05-26-2006, 05:01
I just wipe away the excessive powder residues in the slide and frame with an old rag. the barrel is cleaned with a barrel mop and patches concentrating more on the barrel chamber. I hardly ever scrub the barrel using nylon or bronze brushes. If there is excessive leading, I use hoppe's no. 9 and kleenbore lead away cloth. a couple drops of mobil 1 oil for lube. that's it!

the magazine insides are swabbed clean and kept dry every trip to the range. the mag body is wiped with an oily rag so it won't rust.

batangueno
05-26-2006, 06:53
If you are really decided on competing in production category then the P18 will serve you well. Eye Cutter and Gundog have won lots of trophies using that same gun. Ngayong nasa open na sila hirap na hirap na.:supergrin:

Hindi kaya kay Gundog na P18 yang binibili mo, sino nagbebenta sayo?

:welcome: nga pala sa BOG

Eye Cutter
05-26-2006, 07:01
e kaya naman kami napunta sa open ay dahil sa iyo!!! hahaha!!!

pero mas masarap talaga sa open!!!

mc_oliver
05-26-2006, 13:03
PM mo si gundog. Dalawa yung LDA nya, yung isa barely used. Baka he's willing to foolishly :clown: part with one tulad nung dati nyang Open para for a very good price. ;)

ahtsay
05-27-2006, 12:32
Original Para P-16/S-16 available at Nashe and Twin Pines...i got one mga 2 months ago. Medyo mahal lang nga....4.5K. Mas mura sa Nashe ng konti.

gundog
05-28-2006, 05:09
Eto yung ParaOrd ko:

http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=6293111#post6293111

Astra22
05-28-2006, 22:06
Thanks again for all of the reply.

I got my 18.9 LDA ltd. from a friend. it only comes with 1 mag.

I was able to buy an original para-ord 9mm hicap mags from Nashe.P 4,500. last piece na din

sir, ano yung parang rough tape or more of sand paper na naka dikit dun sa grip ni Sir Gundog? pardon my ignorance.

where can i get that?

thanks.

Eye Cutter
05-28-2006, 22:22
3M Outdoor Tread tape. Available at the hardware section. The picture shows the gray colored tread tape, but black lang nakikita ko with this type.

the gray tread available at the mall is made of a rubber material and is quite thick to use as grip tape.

http://ace.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/pACE2-963530dt.jpg

gundog
05-29-2006, 03:35
yup. eyecutter got it right. sa kanila ko ata napulot un.