Range Gear Set-up.... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Range Gear Set-up....

wingz
05-27-2006, 01:34
Hi Bros!

Just want to show you my baby and my holster/mag pouch set up. Any comments and suggestions are most likely welcome. Can i use this set up for production comps? It will also be a great help if you could also post some pics of your guns/range gears stuff set up, to help us newbies to visualize which and what gears to buy. Thanks.

My Range Gear Set-Up:
1.Blackhawk Ambidextrous Multi-Use Holster w/ Magazine Pouch
2.Blackhawk Double Magazine Pouch
3.Uncle Mike's 2" tactical belt (not shown).
4.Tanfoglio Combat Standard 9mm w/ 113mm barrel.

:cool:

toxic
05-27-2006, 04:56
rules you need to consider in PD
http://www.ipsc.org/psguide1.htm
http://www.ipsc.org/proddiv.php
http://www.ipsc.org/pdf/RulesHandgun.pdf

Maximum ng barrel lenght is 133mm, pasok yung Tan mo
medyo malabo yung pic ng holster/pouch but according to the IPSC rules on geting started at least 3 pouches.
Try mo yung JR speed(Jun Gino) or the CR speed by RHT (tru weight).

For PD i use jericho 941F(aka baby eagle, aka witness)2:17 mag cap mags and 2:16 mag caps.
CR Speed rig by RHT( 4 pouch, CR belt, WS holster)

cant post my gear block ang photoBucket.

buhayin ko yung old thread,hope this helps.
http://glocktalk.gunserver.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=439537&highlight=range+gear

wingz
05-27-2006, 17:48
Thanks for the info Sir. I shot my cousin's 941F full size jericho and from the looks my resemblance sa Tan ko. If you could only post the pic of your gears, it will be very much of a help to see what i'm gonna look for in a gunstore. TIA :cool:

mikey177
05-28-2006, 03:30
wingz, you'd be at a disadvantage in competitions if your mag pouches have flaps on them since it takes longer to get the magazines out. You could probably fold the mag flap cover inward so you can draw your mags unimpeded. It would be a shame to cut off the flaps since you have name brand gear, but that is exactly what I did with my first set of generic mag pouches that also had flaps on them :)

Also, if you could remove the retaining strap of the pistol holster, that would also allow you to draw your pistol faster. An Uncle Mike's OWB holster that I had before had a removable retaining strap, so I promptly took it off. The thing you must remember is that your holster and mag pouches must hold your gear secure even while you are running or jumping --nothing should come dropping out, especially your pistol.

wingz
05-28-2006, 05:35
mikey177,

Tama po kayo Sir, matagal nga po ilabas ang magz using this flap type mag pouches. The only thing for me during the time that i bought this Blackhawk pouches was, to have a decent magz carrier. Lately ko na lang narealized na magkakaroon pala ako ng drive to probably enter the Production Comp. Basically, these Blackhawk gears are worth using naman sa indoor range during target practices but; it will surely slow down my draws and reloading of magz if i'll practice on Production Comp.
Thanks for the advice Sir.

wingz

:cool:

toxic
05-28-2006, 23:26
Originally posted by wingz
Thanks for the info Sir. I shot my cousin's 941F full size jericho and from the looks my resemblance sa Tan ko. If you could only post the pic of your gears, it will be very much of a help to see what i'm gonna look for in a gunstore. TIA :cool:

As i gather Jericho and Tanfoglio are clones of CZ.

Sabi nga ni Mikey luge ka sa rig mong Blackhawk(IDPA pwede)

Get hold of the JR Speed Macro holster and mag pouches , para yaring Pinoy. (yung site ng Jr expired na yata) some BOG's can help you out on where how how you can get the JR speed rig

But if youve got money to burn go for the CR Speed Rig.http://www.rescomp.co.za/speed_rigs.htm

May gun show sa July pwede ka ring mag window shop don and compare the two rigs.

mikey177
05-28-2006, 23:36
Has the date for the next gun show been finalized yet? On the Tradeshow web site, the date indicated is July 13-17. Can anyone please confirm this date as those of us from the province have to plan several weeks in advance :)

wingz
05-29-2006, 00:24
toxic:
Thanks sa infos again Sir. The two rigs that you mentioned; are they designed to fit on different guns? TIA.

mikey177,
Re: July gunshow.
I'll look into it Sir.

:cool: :cool:

toxic
05-29-2006, 03:46
Originally posted by wingz
toxic:
Thanks sa infos again Sir. The two rigs that you mentioned; are they designed to fit on different guns? TIA.

mikey177,
Re: July gunshow.
I'll look into it Sir.

:cool: :cool:

Yung CR rig ko pwede din sa 1911/2011 coz it has different thickness ng inserts that holds the trigger guard , mag pouch: may inserts din to accomodate mags for 9's, 38's, 40's and adjustable ang lenght nung muzzle holder or platform , pwede sa open, standard at PD.
afaik meron din model for revos ,Glocks and XD/HS2K...VERSATILE , sabi nga it will be worth the bucks.

Yung JR di ko pa na try, mas mura,pinoy made and with good reviews.

Gunshow-acording to the PPSA site July 13-17 @ Megamall trade hall.