Help stop protestors at funerals. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Help stop protestors at funerals.

Cav
05-29-2006, 20:10
I am not normaly a person to ask people to do things, but this is some thing I feel strong about.

Below is a link a friend set up today. It will run for 30 days. Its to stop people from protesting at military funerals. This is one thing that I cant stand, and am sick of. Sign on to the link and pass it on please. As most are military or have military familiy members this should mean alot to to as well. This is to get all states to stop protests at funerals not just the Federal ones.

http://www.PetitionOnline.com/ushonors/petition.html

My family and I have served in the military and want peace when we are laid to rest.

Thanks!:patriot:

WIG19
06-07-2006, 11:47
FYI, your Governor signed such a state law (as have many other states, mine included) on 20 May 2006:

Governor Rick Perry today signed legislation that bans protests or disruptive behavior at funeral and burial services. The new law takes effect immediately. It makes it a Class B misdemeanor to protest within 500 feet of the site of a funeral service from one hour before to one hour after the service.

The state laws are provisions in addition to the Respect for America's Fallen Heroes Act signed by the President last month.

FWIW, our state legislators here jumped on that issue immediately and with very little whining & pandering got it passed and the idiot Dem Governor signed it. (Signing it was the right thing; he's still an idiot.)

If your state legislators haven't moved out on this issue by now, start flaming them individually via their own phone lines, emails, and fax machines 'cause they need to wake up and smell the coffee - now! Your right to exercise your 1st amendment rights ends at my family's right to peace & solitude at a time of great personal and familial grief.

:patriot: