IBA DAPS Needed [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : IBA DAPS Needed

16vmkII
05-30-2006, 04:21
So I'm an idiot and lost the yoke assembly for my IBA. Anyone have an extra laying around that you'd sell? Also if any of my current fellow Army *****es know of someone who'd be willing to trade their ACU DAPS (Angel Wings and Side Plates) for a set of DCU DAPS, let me know. Thanks.

Respectfully,

Stupid Grunt

FDC
05-30-2006, 11:10
To all in Iraq. Don't leave your **** laying around. 16vmkII is gonna take it:supergrin: .

Seriously dude, our supply guy was able to scrounge one at Anaconda. He able to get other parts at Seitz. I'm sure this was a 100% backdoor deal, but who knows.

good luck:freak:

nothing
05-30-2006, 21:38
Just wait for your next mortar attack and then creatively fill out a report of survey.;)

16vmkII
06-01-2006, 06:14
Anyone know if I can't come up with the yoke/collar assembly piece, if I'm going to have to pay for the entire IBA? That would suck something terrible...****!

Our supply guy is a ****brick, and won't help anyone out for anything. Guy's had multiple article 15's for not doing his job, so there's no hope in even approaching him to try and work out some sort of drug deal. I'm thinking my bank account's going to take a pretty heavy hit when I outprocess back at Lewis... :(

nothing
06-01-2006, 06:20
Did you loose the entire yoke, or just the throat protector?

jmshady
06-01-2006, 14:10
Dude, come clean with the 1SG and see what he can do for you. You should be able to write some bull**** to make it go away. If not good luck. Got a medic in the unit? If so have them write theirs off as contaminated with blood and had to be destroyed. Then use theirs. It worked for me and I helped out a couple of guys that way. Should have seen the look on the face of the Supply SGT when I brought him something blood soaked the first time. After that he just said to burn it and it will be replaced.

16vmkII
06-02-2006, 04:49
Originally posted by nothing
Did you loose the entire yoke, or just the throat protector?

Oh, I'm a smart one...I lost the entire yoke, minus the throat protector.

I've already spoken with my 1SG and he said he would initiate a field loss. I do not necessarily want to go that route, as it's dishonest. I emailed PointBlank and hopefully they'll sell me a new one.

AK_Stick
06-03-2006, 02:40
Hey man, sorry I didn't answer your message, I'm scrounging my arse off over here, but that craps hard to come by. If only it was flight armor, I'd have your hook up....

Bolt_Overide
06-05-2006, 02:18
I might be able to shake a yoke loose, but no promises.

as for the DAP in ACU... Ill get right on that after monkies exit my 4th point of contact...

Ill get back to ya on the yoke though.

16vmkII
06-06-2006, 04:00
Originally posted by Bolt_Overide
I might be able to shake a yoke loose, but no promises.

as for the DAP in ACU... Ill get right on that after monkies exit my 4th point of contact...

Ill get back to ya on the yoke though.

If you can get the yoke, I'll make it worth your effort.

If anyone can find me the ACU Daps (covers only would work too), I'll paypal you $100.00 finder fee

Jeff82
06-09-2006, 11:54
Originally posted by 16vmkII

If anyone can find me the ACU Daps (covers only would work too), I'll paypal you $100.00 finder fee

Dude,

On my TPE book and in FEDLOG the DAP covers "Axillary Protector Outershell" cost $18.30 a set. Don't spend money you don't have too.

And (IIRC) on a statement of charges, the army reduces your cost by 10% for depreciation. If you're in a postion where you are going to pay the army for uniform or TA-50 type items it's almost always cheaper to let them take it from your check as they go through this whole statement of charges depreciation thing. Course it's easier and faster to hit a pawn shop (when you're in the states) but why?

Anybody know if they changed the depreciation rules?

Bolt_Overide
06-10-2006, 10:23
Originally posted by 16vmkII

I went to everyone I know with either stuff on hand or the ability to order it.. theres nothing I can get other than DCU crap ( by crap I mean worn out turn ins from when we first got the ACU's) apparantly theres a bit of a shortage of anything ACU...

Sorry man.

16vmkII
06-18-2006, 06:01
Originally posted by Jeff82
Dude,

On my TPE book and in FEDLOG the DAP covers "Axillary Protector Outershell" cost $18.30 a set. Don't spend money you don't have too.

And (IIRC) on a statement of charges, the army reduces your cost by 10% for depreciation. If you're in a postion where you are going to pay the army for uniform or TA-50 type items it's almost always cheaper to let them take it from your check as they go through this whole statement of charges depreciation thing. Course it's easier and faster to hit a pawn shop (when you're in the states) but why?

Anybody know if they changed the depreciation rules?

That is awesome!!!! I'll talk to our supply guy about ordering those for me and then I'll take the inserts out of the dcu ones...gracias!

16vmkII
06-18-2006, 06:06
Originally posted by Bolt_Overide
I went to everyone I know with either stuff on hand or the ability to order it.. theres nothing I can get other than DCU crap ( by crap I mean worn out turn ins from when we first got the ACU's) apparantly theres a bit of a shortage of anything ACU...

Sorry man.

I appreciate you trying man!