semi wad bullet [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : semi wad bullet

garcan1968
06-02-2006, 19:20
Safe ba gamitin ang semi wad bullet para sa glock 17c?

jimbullet
06-02-2006, 21:01
My two cent worth of advise, which you may or may not take, is dont use lead in your glock, unless you have installed a non glock factory barrel in it. Then semiwads will just do fine.

vega
06-02-2006, 22:05
There's nothing really wrong with using lead for original Glock barrels. Just clean every hundred rounds.

As for the original question, you must meant Conical shape bullet. I haven't seen semi wad for 9mm. Back there I used conical lead for my G19. What gave you the impression that it's not safe?

BTW, welcome to BOGs.

jimbullet
06-03-2006, 05:26
The gunstores here had informed me that its not safe to use lead or teflon coated ammo since the rifling of the glock barrel will eatup a good portion of the bullets and will be hard to remove and eventually pressure will build up that may lead to a KB. It was also suggested, that replacing the barrel with say a barsto will do the trick

Allegra
06-03-2006, 07:28
Originally posted by jimbullet
The gunstores here had informed me that its not safe to use lead or teflon coated ammo since the rifling of the glock barrel will eatup a good portion of the bullets and will be hard to remove and eventually pressure will build up that may lead to a KB. It was also suggested, that replacing the barrel with say a barsto will do the trick

Hopefully, these gunstores you mentioned were not selling barstos
:)

pogie45
06-03-2006, 08:37
The Glock warning actually says:

"WARNING!! DO NOT USE RELOADED OR REMANUFACTURED AMMUNITION!
THE USE OF RELOADED OR REMANUFACTURED AMMUNITION MAY CAUSE INJURY TO SHOOTER AND DAMAGE THE PISTOL. THE GLOCK PISTOL WARRANTY ONLY COVERS THE USE OF NEW COMMERCIAL FACTORY AMMUNITION MANUFACTURED TO NATO OR SAMMI SPECIFICATIONS. PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTION MANUAL FOR FURTHER INFORMATION."

Note that the warning covered not only lead ammo but all RELOADED OR REMANUFACTURED AMMUNITION. I think they put that to cover their back on legal matters.

As I mentioned on another thread, I have shot hundreds of lead ammo through my Glock 17 & Glock 21 with no problems or pressure issues. I always finish my lead shooting session with FMJs. Five or ten FMJs at the end of every lead shooting session will clean most of the lead out of the barrel. Just make sure to clean your gun after each range trip. Cleaning your barrel at the end of a shooting day will be easy if you finish with FMJs.

vega
06-03-2006, 10:14
Originally posted by pogie45
The Glock warning actually says:

"WARNING!! DO NOT USE RELOADED OR REMANUFACTURED AMMUNITION!
THE USE OF RELOADED OR REMANUFACTURED AMMUNITION MAY CAUSE INJURY TO SHOOTER AND DAMAGE THE PISTOL. THE GLOCK PISTOL WARRANTY ONLY COVERS THE USE OF NEW COMMERCIAL FACTORY AMMUNITION MANUFACTURED TO NATO OR SAMMI SPECIFICATIONS. PLEASE READ THE INSTRUCTION MANUAL FOR FURTHER INFORMATION."

Note that the warning covered not only lead ammo but all RELOADED OR REMANUFACTURED AMMUNITION. I think they put that to cover their back on legal matters.

I don't see any mention of lead anywhere...
You might mention that since reloaded or remanufactured are mostly lead so that covers it. There is one company here in US that makes factory lead bullet. I'm trying to search the site but can't find it at the moment. I'll post it once I find it.

jim - I had used lead thousand of times back there and no problem with my G19, so does other shooters. I have never seen a Kb caused by using lead. I saw a G22 but the problem was double load. Mahirap nga lang linisin ang lead after a session.

pogie is right. ALL FA manufacturers not only Glock put that warning in their manual to cover their *****e$ against legal liabilities.