The Philippines in the Worldcup [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : The Philippines in the Worldcup

st. matthew
06-03-2006, 14:51
I guess i'm dreaming:supergrin:
but wouldn't it be nice, our country joining the most popular sport.

vega
06-03-2006, 18:03
Keep on dreaming, it's free anyway.;)

Allegra
06-03-2006, 23:43
or a pinoy in the Tour de France

Soccer and cycling , pwede mag excel ang pinoy

Eye Cutter
06-04-2006, 00:06
kaso si pedro and juan akala nila magkasing tangkad sila ni shaq and kobe and dwane.....

priorities talaga ng noypi oo.....

horge
06-04-2006, 01:00
Masiado kasing respectable ang futbol.

Tignan ninyo ang billiards at'saka ang pamamaril.
Medyo may lufets naman ang Pinoy dun 'di ba? Parang
kapag mas kaduda-duda ang bisyo, mas mabagsik ang Pinoy.
;)

mirko128
06-04-2006, 03:52
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
kaso si pedro and juan akala nila magkasing tangkad sila ni shaq and kobe and dwane.....

priorities talaga ng noypi oo.....

+1

Unless magkaroon siguro tayo ng presidente or sports commissioner na football fanatic, ganyan na lagi.

Imbes na i-promote parang nadi-discourage pa. For example, sa Marikina Sports Center, bawal gamitin yung pitch kahit 2 lang kayo, kelangan magbayad ng P 500/hour.

Kung gusto mong ng live telecast ng World Cup, bayad ka ng P 6K sa Sky or P 3K sa Dream :shocked:.

st. matthew
06-04-2006, 05:20
i believe we can excel in these sport, you don't have to be a six footer,look at Maradona or Pele di ba. hindi kasi sikat sa atin soccer,kaya walang government support, sayang:sad:

Eye Cutter
06-04-2006, 05:29
sana merong tunay na grassroots sports development.

dami sanang sports pede tayo mag excel. soccer, baseball, softball, billiards, boxing, tennis, cycling, shooting, badminton, etc.

st. matthew
06-04-2006, 07:00
here's an example of a promising Pinoy athlete

kristiansen
06-04-2006, 07:29
Originally posted by Allegra
or a pinoy in the Tour de France

Soccer and cycling , pwede mag excel ang pinoy

correct fafa! in football,the grassroots development is better in visayas and mindanao than luzon,sadly.but what is needed is money and sponsors for countrywide regular tournaments.this can be done.the talk amongst football clubs here in manila is there should be a semi-pro league in 2 years time.hopefully!

cycling: siguro same as above na rin.just my 2 cents.but surely,there are many,many undiscovered talents out there.Mt. Everest nga kaya eh!:beer:

Allegra
06-04-2006, 07:31
Originally posted by st. matthew
here's an example of a promising Pinoy athlete

I dunno about kids from San Pedro ( SPTUSA ), iba yata tubig dun
Their early teen athletes are winning everything
Sa Ateneo Aquathlon , a 12 yr old kid from San Pedro Tri USA kicked our butts hehe

PolMahu
06-04-2006, 10:20
Didn't you have a controversial boys baseball team that won the Little League World Series? :supergrin:

st. matthew
06-04-2006, 15:56
that was a no-no, really embarassing

mtho
06-04-2006, 20:44
makoy,
I agree with the football thing. I always thought that it is really possible that a youth from one of our provinces could make it big as a professional in europe like so many of the brazilians. what if a kid in its teens could make it as even as a bench player and later develope in europe,diba big change sa buhay nya yun.

st. matthew
06-04-2006, 21:48
oo, kaya dapat the government should train our youths into very good athletes para maidagdag sa mga workers natin abroad,mas malaki pa kikitahin nila, leading to more remittances and more money for our not so good politicians to spend :) plus sisikat ang Pilipino:cool:

mtho
06-04-2006, 22:55
yup,look at Pacquiao. Just imagine Filipinos playing professionals in europe and maybe someone making it as big as beckham or ronaldo. eh ang popularity ng football worldwide so just think of the opportunity the kid would have worldwide.

and i'm sure there will be Filipino following everywhere even though they're not football fans

st. matthew
06-04-2006, 23:01
amen to that bro:)

i'll still keep praying though...that us Filipinos will be part of these spectacular sport :)

SMBeerDealer
06-05-2006, 01:32
In my elementary days. I always dreamed of flying off to Scandinavia where the Gothia and Helsinki cups were held. My fellow players from Colegio San Agustin, De La Salle Zobel, and Ateneo always finished respectively. Even winning those tournaments a couple of times. Problem was, there was no support from the government whatsoever. Their parents shelled out for the trips. Lots of talented players could not make it because they couldn't afford the trip. Those times that they won (forgot which years; the trophies are still in the CSA PhysEd Department) were the only times the government paid them any mind.

Seldom do players actually pursue the sport after college as there aren't any pro leagues to go to unlike other sports. The semi-pro league organized in the mid-90's drowned out due to poor crowd attendance mainly due to lack of promotion and so so sponsorship.

Hope the planned semi-pro league will not falter out this time. :cool:

kristiansen
06-05-2006, 07:15
Originally posted by SMBeerDealer
In my elementary days. I always dreamed of flying off to Scandinavia where the Gothia and Helsinki cups were held. My fellow players from Colegio San Agustin, De La Salle Zobel, and Ateneo always finished respectively. Even winning those tournaments a couple of times. Problem was, there was no support from the government whatsoever. Their parents shelled out for the trips. Lots of talented players could not make it because they couldn't afford the trip. Those times that they won (forgot which years; the trophies are still in the CSA PhysEd Department) were the only times the government paid them any mind.

Seldom do players actually pursue the sport after college as there aren't any pro leagues to go to unlike other sports. The semi-pro league organized in the mid-90's drowned out due to poor crowd attendance mainly due to lack of promotion and so so sponsorship.

Hope the planned semi-pro league will not falter out this time. :cool:

lets hope for the best! i believe there are regular weekend games/FC on your side of town sir.I tried to play with some parents here in q.c. but got injured running after the damn ball!:supergrin: :beer:

Allegra
06-05-2006, 07:21
Let's forget about govt support
Una , they dont have the money , and pangalawa, if they do , sobra nila gulo ( look at BAP/POC )
Private support ang kailngan, preferably corporate

agentrod
06-06-2006, 01:22
Sa basketball kasi talaga namulat tayong mga pinoy. Half courts in almost every corner of the neighborhood...

As compared to other countries, football is not limited to the soccer fields. I've been to Egypt and got to play with some teens under a flyover on a cement "court" the size of a full basketball court. Pwede naman pala kahit ganun lang kaliit / simple yung laruan.

Wp.22
06-06-2006, 22:31
i have a friend na dating kasama ni bass one sa pagcor who once was the team captain of RP football team in his yioubger years. and lagi nya sinasabi sa akin kulang nga daw sa budget tapos yung ibang officials kasama pa yung mga mrs nila sa mga overseas na laban.

mas madali kasing mag tayo ng half court dito rather than a football field.