Reflecting on MY martial arts today [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Reflecting on MY martial arts today

BlackBelt
06-06-2006, 20:24
Today I was thinking about how I'm getting older, and not as willing to 'get it on' hand-to-hand as I once was. I've actually moved back towards being a gunslinger.
Takes a LOT longer to heal up these days...
I remember back when I was a kid in the dojo, I'd see the older guys in the back doing their thing. I'd think, "what are those old guys doing here?"... Well, now I'M the old guy...
Funny how life comes full circle.

ER_STL
06-21-2006, 16:08
LOL - that's funny because I feel the same way. Once upon a time I was in tip-top shape and I spent about 10-12 hours a week on the mat. Now I'm married with a kid and I haven't hit a bag or choked a neck in over 2 years. I need to hang my heavy-bag just to see if I can still throw a punch!

lethal tupperwa
07-11-2006, 07:54
Their Instructor at the YMCA was a small man in his late sixties.

Four college age-early 20s who might have wrestled joined the class.

They gave him a rough time but technique eventually won.

As the class ended all were red faced and worn out.

The Instructor was tucking in his GI and as the advanced class came in

One of the young men said, loudly and in disbelief to his

friends, "HE'S GONNA DO IT AGAIN!"

katana8869
07-11-2006, 20:18
Originally posted by BlackBelt
Today I was thinking about how I'm getting older, and not as willing to 'get it on' hand-to-hand as I once was. I've actually moved back towards being a gunslinger.
Takes a LOT longer to heal up these days...
I remember back when I was a kid in the dojo, I'd see the older guys in the back doing their thing. I'd think, "what are those old guys doing here?"... Well, now I'M the old guy...
Funny how life comes full circle.

God ain't that the truth lol:laughabove:

Marauder.45
07-11-2006, 20:26
Originally posted by ER_STL
LOL - that's funny because I feel the same way. Once upon a time I was in tip-top shape and I spent about 10-12 hours a week on the mat. Now I'm married with a kid and I haven't hit a bag or choked a neck in over 2 years. I need to hang my heavy-bag just to see if I can still throw a punch!

Glad I'm not the only one.

wolfy692005
07-23-2006, 07:56
i am getting older... i still feel the fire though.. getting close to 40 i am still young to some and old to others.. i can still hold my own.. but it takes longer to heal and my mind thinks of the conciquences now instead of just the actions