All about PTC [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : All about PTC

sundancekid
06-06-2006, 22:19
hi guys,

just wanted to know, how long did you guys waited to get your PTC? .... or what's the standard 'processing' time ba?

Wp.22
06-06-2006, 22:32
one week for me

sugarol
06-07-2006, 00:39
A week or so.

batangueno
06-07-2006, 01:28
Remember that we will have national elections next year, so PTCs might only be good until end of this year.

sundancekid
06-07-2006, 02:07
Originally posted by batangueno
Remember that we will have national elections next year, so PTCs might only be good until end of this year.

oo nga... and i just had my ptc renewed... lugi... :frown:

how much are you guys being charged for 'processing' of your PTC's? i was recently charged 10K.

MR_BIG
06-07-2006, 07:43
Originally posted by batangueno

i saw sa gma7 kanina, baka no election next year coz walang budget comelec.

sugarol
06-08-2006, 01:13
Elections are held on the 2nd Monday of May of the election year. Election gun ban takes effect 90 days before election day, through 30 days after election day. So PTCs are worthless for 4 months next year, unless we can get a gun ban exemption issued by the Comelec Chairman.

st. matthew
06-08-2006, 02:34
kawawa mga adik, di makakasinhot ng pulbura for four months :supergrin:

sundancekid
06-08-2006, 05:27
Originally posted by st. matthew

:laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove:

Glock_19_9x19
06-08-2006, 18:10
Originally posted by st. matthew

:rofl:

Anyway, the last time I've checked sa gunstores in Makati cinema square..P10k ang PTC..2 weeks processing..NBI clearance lang hinihingi sakin.

I'd stick to my M.O. nalang muna...

chocoboy
06-08-2006, 18:36
Trust trade ata pionaka mura na processing fee... 9k. Pag dun mo binili unit mo, mas mura pa. 2 to 3 weeks na ngayon ang processing.

Astra22
06-08-2006, 20:19
mga bro, pasensya na for my newbie question.:)

PTT stands for Permit to transport. This allows you go to shooting ranges for practice, and must be a gun club member.
I think this is only good from residence to the shooting range.

Does this mean you have to apply for many PTTs if you want to visit other shooting ranges? like one for makati and one for marikina?

PTC stands for Permit to Carry, this means you can carry your gun wherever you want to go. tama po ba?

thanks.

chocoboy
06-08-2006, 20:22
Usualy, pag nagpagawa ka ng PTT sinasama na na lahat ng ranges na pinuputukan mo (all in one PTT). Kung di ka member sa mga ibang range, bigyan mo na lang ng pang merienda yung gumagawa... I bet hangang baguio pa abutin ng PTT mo :)

asian_glockster
06-08-2006, 22:40
It took me almost two months..
I paid 1,150.
I submitted all of the requirements including the threat certificate validated by the RIID, NCRPO....
I think during the election period when you apply for an exemption from the gun ban, if you attach the threat certificate, you will be issued exemption from the firearms ban..

batangueno
06-09-2006, 01:55
PTT is only valid from residence to gun club shooting range. If you want to get a PTT for different shooting ranges then you have to be a member of the gun clubs of those shooting ranges. Also, limited ammo can be transported.

If you are a PPSA member, a PTT will also include shooting ranges of sanctioned PPSA matches which are effective on the match dates only. More ammo can be transported.

There are restrictions for a PTC, most noticeable is that you cannot bring your gun in a public place. Para na rin sinabi na bawal mong ilabas. :freak: The old PTCs does not have this clause.

sundancekid
06-10-2006, 07:41
Originally posted by asian_glockster
It took me almost two months..
I paid 1,150.
I submitted all of the requirements including the threat certificate validated by the RIID, NCRPO....
I think during the election period when you apply for an exemption from the gun ban, if you attach the threat certificate, you will be issued exemption from the firearms ban..

bro.... you mean... you had your ptc processed yourself? as in no one helped you 'facilitate' your PTC? is it easy? laki ng savings kasi.... how did you go about it?

asian_glockster
06-10-2006, 20:25
Originally posted by sundancekid
bro.... you mean... you had your ptc processed yourself? as in no one helped you 'facilitate' your PTC? is it easy? laki ng savings kasi.... how did you go about it?

yes, I went personally to the office of the secretariat, ptcfor.I submitted all the requirements. the hardest part was the threat certificate. I waited around three months for the threat certificate. At least 3 background checks, 1 from the police station, 1 from the district and 1 from NCRPO. Initially, I gave around two thousand pesos to a police personnel assigned at ptcfor to expedite my application, despite complete documents. The problem was that after giving the money and around one month of following it up, he went on leave!!!!So when I called up the secretariat's office and said that my application was approved, I went there and paid Php1,150 (I used my qualification as a reservist, that is the reason why I only paid Php 1,150)and waited again for almost four weeks before I got my ptcfor card. At least if I will renew and or apply for another ptcfor, I think that I won't have any problems anymore because of the threat certificate.

sundancekid
06-11-2006, 04:41
yes, I went personally to the office of the secretariat, ptcfor.I submitted all the requirements. the hardest part was the threat certificate. I waited around three months for the threat certificate. At least 3 background checks, 1 from the police station, 1 from the district and 1 from NCRPO. Initially, I gave around two thousand pesos to a police personnel assigned at ptcfor to expedite my application, despite complete documents. The problem was that after giving the money and around one month of following it up, he went on leave!!!!So when I called up the secretariat's office and said that my application was approved, I went there and paid Php1,150 (I used my qualification as a reservist, that is the reason why I only paid Php 1,150)and waited again for almost four weeks before I got my ptcfor card. At least if I will renew and or apply for another ptcfor, I think that I won't have any problems anymore because of the threat certificate.

hmmm... madugo pala... i mean too many redtapes... :) bro let us know how it goes when you renew your ptc. thanks for the info :)

Glock_19_9x19
06-12-2006, 23:02

Ang laki na-save mo bro..from P10k to P1,150.. :)

paltiq
06-12-2006, 23:13
.....e paano na yung P 4,150 na PTC fee na nakapost duon sa FED...dapat ay may OR ito na binabayaran sa Land Bank.:upeyes:

sundancekid
06-13-2006, 04:22
Originally posted by paltiq
.....e paano na yung P 4,150 na PTC fee na nakapost duon sa FED...dapat ay may OR ito na binabayaran sa Land Bank.:upeyes:

oo nga ano... how come he paid less than that?

Django
06-13-2006, 07:23
Originally posted by sundancekid
oo nga ano... how come he paid less than that?

Because he got a hefty discount being a reservist.

asian_glockster
06-13-2006, 16:02
Yes I used my qualification as a reservist sirs. We have the same privilege as those in the active service in terms of fees(ie, 50% discount in firearm license, Php1,150 PTCFOR fee), and in requirements for application for fa lic (we are not required to submit local clearances except for DI clearance). But when it comes to processing in PTCs, medyo pinapahirapan kami.They don't require threat certificate for those in the active service while reservists are required to submit such. (Mas maraming requirements, mas mahal). Pag walang threat certificate ang singilan doon ay around 6k.....

sundancekid
06-14-2006, 05:08
have you guys ever applied and been approved for gun ban exemption during elections? i've never tried applying for one during the past elections, however am thinking of doing so this time around. what's the procedure and 'processing fee' (again) involved? thanks. :)

asian_glockster
06-14-2006, 08:34
Yes, I applied for an exemption during the 1998, 2001 and 2004 elections national and local elections, including barangay elections. All were approved. All you have to do is to attach the requirements, ie xerox of fa lic, ptc, application form, 2x2 pics, certification of employment etc, AND OF COURSE, Proof that you have an actual threat (THREAT CERTIFICATE). Application is free during the 98, 01 elections but the COMELEC started collecting Php500.00/fa during 04 elections for privately owned firearms if their application for exemption was approved by the Committee on Firearms and Security Personnel...(am I correct?)

sundancekid
06-14-2006, 09:00
Yes, I applied for an exemption during the 1998, 2001 and 2004 elections national and local elections, including barangay elections. All were approved. All you have to do is to attach the requirements, ie xerox of fa lic, ptc, application form, 2x2 pics, certification of employment etc, AND OF COURSE, Proof that you have an actual threat (THREAT CERTIFICATE). Application is free during the 98, 01 elections but the COMELEC started collecting Php500.00/fa during 04 elections for privately owned firearms if their application for exemption was approved by the Committee on Firearms and Security Personnel...(am I correct?)

thanks for the info bro... how do you go about acquiring the Threat Certificate?

asian_glockster
06-14-2006, 09:33
For sundancekid....PM sent sir

TaurusPT945
06-14-2006, 11:28
Condition #3 ng PTCFOR...

- Kasama ba dito ang fast-food chains na nasa labas ng mall
- 24-hour convenience stores
- Church
- Internet shops (kung nasaan ako ngayon)
- At ang LRT at MRT

???

deenoh
06-14-2006, 19:01
Application is free during the 98, 01 elections but the COMELEC started collecting Php500.00/fa during 04 elections for privately owned firearms if their application for exemption was approved by the Committee on Firearms and Security Personnel...(am I correct?)

This is correct. Comelec has recently started charging 500 for their exemptions.

Kiddo
06-14-2006, 20:11
Can gun club members obtain an exemption for their PTTs? For the past elections, I just stopped going to the range and haven't thought of getting an exemption.

sundancekid
06-18-2006, 10:37
Originally posted by TaurusPT945
Condition #3 ng PTCFOR...

- Kasama ba dito ang fast-food chains na nasa labas ng mall
- 24-hour convenience stores
- Church
- Internet shops (kung nasaan ako ngayon)
- At ang LRT at MRT

???

well... PTC condition #3 states:
'The firearm shall not be brought inside public drinking and amusement places and all other commercial or public establishments'

so i guess, fast food chains (outside/inside mall) are still off limits since it's still a 'commercial establishment', same with 24 hour convenience stores and internet shops (unless the commercial establishment is personally owned by PTC holder... i think). However LRT/MRT are technically *not* commercial or public establishments so i guess on it you can CC.

this is my own understanding of my PTCFOR, be glad to hear opinions of other BOGs.

Glock_19_9x19
06-18-2006, 20:42
Bros, we should include this thread sa stickies. Very informative about PTCs :) Watchathink?
We could include yung requirements and purpose din