OT: Zarqawi is Dead! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : OT: Zarqawi is Dead!

VICARA
06-08-2006, 10:00
Was a big news this morning, The terrorist leader in Iraq is dead!

So what now? Who's next?

Link1 (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060608/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq_al_zarqawi)

Link2 (http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,198651,00.html)

vega
06-08-2006, 12:43
That's good for everyone but that won't stop the insurgency.
Also he became a martyr in the eyes of the extremist.
Well who wants to be the next martyr?

isuzu
06-08-2006, 17:46
His death also sends a strong warning to those who want to be terrorist. A 500 pound bomb capped with a 1,000 pounder would face the would be terrorist.:)

Glock_19_9x19
06-08-2006, 17:54
* Deus Vult!

*(Crusaders battle cry meaning "It is the will of God!")

Glock_19_9x19
06-08-2006, 17:57
Originally posted by isuzu
His death also sends a strong warning to those who want to be terrorist. A 500 pound bomb capped with a 1,000 pounder would face the would be terrorist.:)

I heard it was 2 500 pounders...from two F-16s. Overkill?

army_eod
06-08-2006, 18:50
Zarqawi is dead and I don't feel so well either.

horge
06-08-2006, 20:17
About bloody time.

darwin25
06-08-2006, 20:19
Originally posted by isuzu

I dont think his death says anything...These people actually believe that death as a warrior is a way to their final reward. There is always someone ready and happy to take the reigns. We're just kidding ourselves thinking that the death of leaders is a strong blow against any organization. These groups has doctrines and principles that does not rely on its leaders to thrive. Maybe hollywood movies convinced us that after the leader is dead, there will be series of capitulations in their organization. You can kill a man, but you cannot kill their principles.

horge
06-08-2006, 21:25
Well, yes, there is an indigenous revolt against American occupation,
virtually independent of Zarqawi or the al-Qayyida. That will
certainly continue as it has, but there's probably going to
be far fewer kidnap-beheadings and very-large truck bombs.

One can only hope for an internally-contained, preferably deadly
power struggle within al-Qayyida to 'succeed' Zarqawi.

Pepe308
06-08-2006, 21:29
Originally posted by darwin25
I dont think his death says anything...These people actually believe that death as a warrior is a way to their final reward. There is always someone ready and happy to take the reigns. We're just kidding ourselves thinking that the death of leaders is a strong blow against any organization. These groups has doctrines and principles that does not rely on its leaders to thrive. Maybe hollywood movies convinced us that after the leader is dead, there will be series of capitulations in their organization. You can kill a man, but you cannot kill their principles.

Like the movie The Siege starring Denzel Washington... .

Django
06-08-2006, 22:01

There will be some initial setbacks in the organization due to the leadership vacuum which maybe created by his death and the attendant succession issues from within the organization.

In time, however, a new leader will emerge and replace him.

Still, his death will be a good morale booster for all the troops fighting against terrorism.

darwin25
06-08-2006, 22:04
My point is, how do you threathen to kill a man who wishes to die and taking along with him as many as he can because he belives that he will have his final reward when he dies as a warrior.

blueeagle
06-09-2006, 03:21
kung ganoon ang itinuro sa mga kristyano siguro mas matapang pa tayo sa mga muslim:laughabove:

Glock_19_9x19
06-09-2006, 03:31
Originally posted by blueeagle
kung ganoon ang itinuro sa mga kristyano siguro mas matapang pa tayo sa mga muslim:laughabove:

:supergrin:
:supergrin: :supergrin:

darwin25
06-09-2006, 03:48
I think what american did to moros in sulu to kill their penchant for blood by the juramentados is to bury the dead juramentados together with dead pigs. They may die as warrior but they will never reach paradise because of that. They'll never get to make love to 77 virgins.

Sana ganun ang ginawa nila sa mga napatay na Abu Sayyaf sa Camp Bagong Diwa

Alexii
06-09-2006, 08:59
My point is, how do you threathen to kill a man who wishes to die and taking along with him as many as he can because he belives that he will have his final reward when he dies as a warrior.

Maybe capture him alive and deny him the opportunity of a warrior's death. Confine him in a cell lined with foam and give him the sorriest and most unacceptable (to him) death imaginable.

vega
06-09-2006, 13:30
How about confining him in a pig pen then?

horge
06-09-2006, 17:37
Two things offhand...

There is scholarly debate about a possible mis-translation of the
heavenly promise made to Muslims in their Hadith (not the Koran),
...it may actually be '72 raisins' ('Luxenberg', 2000)

Black Jack Pershing is wickedly credited with ordering the burial
of executed Muslim rebels in Mindanao, in pits filled with pig
entrails and blood. However, the descendants of those rebels are
probably among the ones still giving us trouble today, eh?

:)

bulm540
06-09-2006, 19:38
The devil is probably screwing him in the A@#$ right now. He deserved the 2 500 pounders. Current Rumors are the virgins are a hoax.