al-Zarqawi dead [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : al-Zarqawi dead

frefoo
06-08-2006, 18:05
All right Air-Force!!!

Way to go guys.

al-Zarqawi dead (http://www.cnn.com/2006/WORLD/meast/06/08/iraq.al.zarqawi/index.html)

Caldwell said Air Force F-16s dropped the bombs on the house, killing al-Zarqawi, 39, and five other people, including a key adviser, Sheik Abd-al-Rahman, and a woman and child.

While the collateral damage is something to perhaps "morn" one less leader in Iraq is a good thing IMO.

[begin edit]

I will not "morn" anyone that protected Zarqwai.

[end edit]

outlaws161
06-09-2006, 20:10
+1

Fred Hansen
06-09-2006, 21:14
Good job Zoomies!!! :patriot: :supergrin: :beer:

RussP
06-12-2006, 13:49
I must say it felt good to hear "...by a 500 pound bomb...":cool:

Coltman2003
06-12-2006, 14:14
Raising a glass to the US Airforce - thank you, and keep up the excellent work.

:cheers:

hokieglock
06-22-2006, 12:10
fact is the easy part was done by the usaf. the hard part was done by us army SF badass MoFos. i'm not saying not to say go usaf, i'm just saying the us army needs some credit.

frefoo
06-23-2006, 23:51
Originally posted by hokieglock
fact is the easy part was done by the usaf. the hard part was done by us army SF badass MoFos. i'm not saying not to say go usaf, i'm just saying the us army needs some credit.

Of course the Army should get any credit that they are due. I will be the first one to pass on my thanks/congrats.

However this is an AF forum so all you "grunts" "squids" "jarheads" "bubbleheads" etc (see my post "Calling a VET a Squid") have forums to give credit where it is due.

The USAF forum "...is dedicated to the US Air Force..."

Which is why I posted it here.

I did not intend to "insult" or NOT give credit to the US Army by posting it here.

That said...

All right Army!!!

gunsite
06-24-2006, 08:47
GOOD JOB....but the left wing media is still alive.

hokieglock
06-27-2006, 12:11
Originally posted by frefoo
Of course the Army should get any credit that they are due. I will be the first one to pass on my thanks/congrats.

However this is an AF forum so all you "grunts" "squids" "jarheads" "bubbleheads" etc (see my post "Calling a VET a Squid") have forums to give credit where it is due.

The USAF forum "...is dedicated to the US Air Force..."

Which is why I posted it here.

I did not intend to "insult" or NOT give credit to the US Army by posting it here.

That said...

All right Army!!!

my post is misleading. i'm not an sf type, i'm a just a stoopud pylut. i meant united states army sf types not "us". i just wanted to give some credit to the army for zarquawi's demise.

frefoo
06-27-2006, 23:11
Originally posted by hokieglock
my post is misleading. i'm not an sf type, i'm a just a stoopud pylut. i meant united states army sf types not "us". i just wanted to give some credit to the army for zarquawi's demise.

Does anyone understand what hokieglock is saying? Call me "stoopud" I just don't understand his comment.

RussP
07-01-2006, 13:43
Originally posted by frefoo
Does anyone understand what hokieglock is saying? Call me "stoopud" I just don't understand his comment. Yep, I understand. Comes from where us fly-boys/girls get intel, from Army SF teams who work in among the neighborhoods using local contacts. Takes big ones to do that job.

This time, using that intel. AF got to come in and have all the fun dropping a couple of big ones.

hokieglock just wanted due respect given to those who made that possible.

Sorta like when I flew on FAC missions over the Trail many years ago. We'd fly for hours finding the targets, getting shot at in the process. We'd call for some F4s... They'd come in, we'd mark the target with smoke, they spend a few minutes on target, go home and get credit for the kills.

We'd confirm BDA, drag our butts back to base, debrief for the next FAC, sleep, get up, read the preceeding days intel reports about Navy/Marine/Air Force flight whatever had 12 confirmed truck kills, 4 37mm guns destroyed, 4 secondary explosions....sigh...nothing about the Nails that found them for the fighter/bombers.

Heck, just made ya want to get back in the cockpit and go trolling for more guns and huntin' for more supply trucks and fuel caches.

Yep, that's what he said.... Still though, GO AIR FORCE...DAMN FINE JOB!!!!! It did give me those old warm fuzzy feelings. :supergrin:

Understand now frefoo?

:cool:

hokieglock
07-02-2006, 11:25
RussP, thanks for explaining that. Bronco's, O-2's, or O-1's? Either one, it took some serious stones to be a fac in nam.

RussP
07-02-2006, 11:53
Mostly O-2s, Broncos came in as I was leaving. After 100+ missions in O-2s, couldn't warm up to the that Bronco...

It was my Last Mission transportation, however...
http://www.fototime.com/9F34265B69837CD/standard.jpg

http://www.fototime.com/C12DAFD094BBE3C/standard.jpg

frefoo
07-02-2006, 14:47
Originally posted by RussP
Yep, I understand. Comes from where us fly-boys/girls get intel, from Army SF teams who work in among the neighborhoods using local contacts. Takes big ones to do that job.

This time, using that intel. AF got to come in and have all the fun dropping a couple of big ones.

hokieglock just wanted due respect given to those who made that possible.

Sorta like when I flew on FAC missions over the Trail many years ago. We'd fly for hours finding the targets, getting shot at in the process. We'd call for some F4s... They'd come in, we'd mark the target with smoke, they spend a few minutes on target, go home and get credit for the kills.

We'd confirm BDA, drag our butts back to base, debrief for the next FAC, sleep, get up, read the preceeding days intel reports about Navy/Marine/Air Force flight whatever had 12 confirmed truck kills, 4 37mm guns destroyed, 4 secondary explosions....sigh...nothing about the Nails that found them for the fighter/bombers.

Heck, just made ya want to get back in the cockpit and go trolling for more guns and huntin' for more supply trucks and fuel caches.

Yep, that's what he said.... Still though, GO AIR FORCE...DAMN FINE JOB!!!!! It did give me those old warm fuzzy feelings. :supergrin:

Understand now frefoo?

:cool:

Thanks Russ that makes it clear.