OT: C-Rations/MRE's [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : OT: C-Rations/MRE's


sundancekid
06-16-2006, 09:10
guys do you know if there's any store in manila selling MRE's (meal ready to eat) like those used by the u.s. military? dami noon sa amin C-Ration in subic, but now, i can hardly find any.

9MX
06-16-2006, 13:06
try:

1. those row of px stores in n domingo near broadway centrum
2. cash and carry makati

vega
06-16-2006, 17:35
Just don't eat too much of those in one sitting. They have a bombastic effect in the restroom.;)

Benj
06-16-2006, 21:04
I saw some in True Weight before.

blueeagle
06-16-2006, 22:06
Originally posted by vega
Just don't eat too much of those in one sitting. They have a bombastic effect in the restroom.;) it must b e very interesting in the battlefield! imagine the americans holding their breaths as their enemies approcah and then out of nowhere somebody passes air in a bombastic way! ahe-he! :supergrin:

sundancekid
06-16-2006, 22:19
Originally posted by Benj
I saw some in True Weight before.

where's true weight bro?

isuzu
06-16-2006, 23:22
Originally posted by vega
Just don't eat too much of those in one sitting. They have a bombastic effect in the restroom.;)

True! Worse than ammonia! It must be the preservatives that give your S%%T that weird smell.

I had MRE that I bought in Quiapo in 1983. If memory serves me right, an MRE cost P5.00 at that time. Opened it in 1998 and it still tasted good. The can didn't bulge at all. It had dehydrated potato bars that you could eat as-is or add hot water and you've got mashed potato. Usually, if the main course was turkey breast, you have dehydrated potato as side dish. Kaso lang, those stores who were selling the MREs stripped the pack with the can opener that was supposed to be in the kit and sold them at P1.50 each.

BOGs would have probably remembered luncheon meat the size of a loaf of bread that were sold in Clark when the bases were still there. The cans were thicker than the ordinary ones and were in olive drab color. I've also seen a pail which I thought was grease, but it was in fact, peanut butter.

sundancekid
06-17-2006, 01:29
Originally posted by isuzu


BOGs would have probably remembered luncheon meat the size of a loaf of bread that were sold in Clark when the bases were still there. The cans were thicker than the ordinary ones and were in olive drab color. I've also seen a pail which I thought was grease, but it was in fact, peanut butter.

back when subic base was still a u.s. navy base, after the americans had war exercise, olongapo and subic (town) would be FLOODED with c-rations and .223 ammo! you buy c-rations by the dozen cartons and .223 ammos by the sack! :) oh yeah i remember those olive green cans! we would bring them whenever we play 'baril barilan' ala u.s. g.i.'s when we were kids back in subic :)

isuzu
06-17-2006, 09:51
Originally posted by sundancekid
back when subic base was still a u.s. navy base, after the americans had war exercise, olongapo and subic (town) would be FLOODED with c-rations and .223 ammo! you buy c-rations by the dozen cartons and .223 ammos by the sack! :) oh yeah i remember those olive green cans! we would bring them whenever we play 'baril barilan' ala u.s. g.i.'s when we were kids back in subic :)

My parents would make it a point to go to Clark whenever they went to Manila. They would always bring us the luncheon meat, huge cans of pork and beans, and lots of chocolate (I like the Baby Ruth and Butterfingers). Randolph Aviator sunglasses were selling at P150.00 then. My friend's dad bought a Jeepster at an auction in the base.

Wish the bases were still here.:)

atmarcella
06-17-2006, 10:02
meron sa trueweight, the newer version, not in cans;)

sundancekid
06-17-2006, 11:16
Originally posted by atmarcella
meron sa trueweight, the newer version, not in cans;)

bro where is trueweight? i know... the new c-rations... now called mre's are foil packed already. :)

atmarcella
06-18-2006, 05:35
doon nakabili kaibigan ko, he shared it w/ us one time sa club, sarap yung sauce, i think TW is in araneta ave, qc. i've never been there :supergrin:

nrmcolt
06-18-2006, 06:42
sundancekid,
Kung galing ka sa Baguio, marami yan sa Dau(Angeles)doon sa bilihan ng mga military knick-knack.



:beer:

sundancekid
06-18-2006, 07:27
@ atmarcella

okay thanks for the info bro, will check it out when i go to manila. :)

@ nrmcolt

oo nga ano, why didn't i think of Dau? tnx for the tip bro. :)