I'm surprised that you chicks don't have that many issues [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I'm surprised that you chicks don't have that many issues

fnfalman
06-16-2006, 11:59
I figured that this would be the busiest of all GlockTalk's many venues.:supergrin:

Glockgirl26
06-16-2006, 12:02
Some things are not suitable for GT discussion, and has to be done on the back channels...

:supergrin: ;)

Mrs. VR
06-16-2006, 12:14
oh, I got issues alright, you want me to spill 'em? :tease:

SouthernGal
06-16-2006, 12:47
Originally posted by fnfalman
I figured that this would be the busiest of all GlockTalk's many venues.:supergrin:

Just think, only here can you find out about what pistol each of us carries while simultaneously learning about what a "Chi" is!

rnchick
06-16-2006, 15:53
Originally posted by SouthernGal
Just think, only here can you find out about what pistol each of us carries while simultaneously learning about what a "Chi" is!

:laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove:

Cat91
06-16-2006, 23:10
That is what rules about this forum. It is totally the only place on the internet I can complain about my weight and debate the relative merits of various 9mm cartridges, and the denizens get it-under both topics!!

Miao, Cat

Munchkinglocker
06-16-2006, 23:53
i've got issues, but I prefer to read about others and skip here there and everywhere trying to learn more, for I am new to the whole shooting/firearms thing.

tous
06-17-2006, 08:40
Originally posted by Mrs. VR

Will I have to clean up after?

April
06-17-2006, 09:31

Do they come in the mail in little brown wrappers?

:whistling:

April
06-17-2006, 09:31
Originally posted by tous
Will I have to clean up after?

Naa, just leave it. She'll trip on 'em eventually and realize she has to clean up after herself.

gruntmedik
06-18-2006, 14:39

Nah, we don't want to crash GT again, now do we?:outtahere:

rnchick
06-18-2006, 15:39
I have plenty of issues I could spill! But I will keep them to myself for now - it keeps me out of trouble!

c-mama
06-18-2006, 16:42
I have no issues. I'm perfect.

:rofl:

April
06-18-2006, 18:09
Originally posted by rnchick
I have plenty of issues I could spill! But I will keep them to myself for now - it keeps me out of trouble!

I can identify with that...

tous
06-19-2006, 07:44
I have the latest issue of American Rifleman

rhikdavis
06-19-2006, 08:31
Originally posted by tous
I have the latest issue of American Rifleman

Didn't they rename that to American Rifleperson?

winglock
06-22-2006, 02:48
Originally posted by fnfalman

+1 fal. This may be the smartest thread you've started lately.:)

Two-Gun Mary
06-30-2006, 20:43
Chicks?

Women or ladies is much more respectful.

glockchick35
06-30-2006, 21:34
Originally posted by Two-Gun Mary
Chicks?

Women or ladies is much more respectful.

Does this mean I have to change my username? :whistling:

Mrs.Cicero
07-02-2006, 19:41
I figure if I get to call them "gun nuts", then they can call me "gun chick".

And I have more issues than you can shake a stick at, but as long as i can work my frustration out shooting, i don't need to vent them. It's only the weeks i can't get to the range that things get ugly.

Mrs.C

eleanor
07-03-2006, 11:16
Originally posted by Mrs.Cicero
I figure if I get to call them "gun nuts", then they can call me "gun chick".

And I have more issues than you can shake a stick at, but as long as i can work my frustration out shooting, i don't need to vent them. It's only the weeks i can't get to the range that things get ugly.

Mrs.C

Well, how about them calling us "gun nuts" also?

After all, after you cease being a "chick" to these guys -- guess what many of them think you become -- an "Old Hen".

Thank G*d it's not all guys that are like that -- but more than enough.

Sort of like the guys who think I'll never get a date unless I'm "nicer" (more docile) -- they can't even begin to fathom the idea that I don't ever want a "date" with a guy who needs me to be "docile". These same guys also think my desire to foster equality between the sexes means they have the right to hit me -- when, in truth, they do not have the right to hit anyone.

There are times when, after I talk to some folks, my best reaction is to load up another magazine and plan another trip to the range -- stress reduction, and "The Zen of Shooting"

eleanor
07-03-2006, 11:19
Now, the totally predictible reply by some guy would be, "There's a woman with issues".

I guess that's the most gentle male response to someone who finds many of their attitudes totally comtemptible

Mrs.Cicero
07-03-2006, 15:21
sigh. because being a gun chick is amusing. Too many women have completely lost their sense of humor when it comes to the male half of the population. And i'm old enough to be an "old hen" which just demonstrates the survival skills i take such pride in. People DO get old, after all.

And also because my best teachers (guns, martial arts, as well as more cerebral pursuits) have been self described male chauvanists (tho' NOT male chauvanist pigs). That is to say that they do not believe in lowering their standards to accomodate ANYONE, and unfortunately, it is mostly women who expect the standards to be lowered to accomodate them. Whether they are using "chick" as an insult or a term of endearment or simply in place of "female" is entirely dependent of the situation and the tone of voice. My teachers have earned the right to use it with me any darn way they please. Other people can use it as a descriptive, or to be humorous, but i stomped on the one fool who used it as an insult in my direction. Having said that, the vast majority of people who use the word aren't being derogatory and i do not have the cinder block on my shoulder necessary to view them as if they are.

Mrs.C aka GunChick (on other boards)