GSD question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : GSD question

nanbf06
06-19-2006, 15:51
My GS love being outside. He's around 13wks old. One bad thing is when he gets outside he loves to chase bees. One of them got a hold of him the other day OR he ate one, I didn't see and it made his eyes and mouth swell up really big. I didn' t know what it was causing it but I rushed him to the vet thinking something was really wrong. The vet said mostly likely it was a bee and I put two and two together and I believe it was too. The vet said that if he stays outside he will most likely have this happen again. I know my aunt has a GSD and it does the samething. The vet bill will begin to get expensive, my question is, I've read that when this happens to give the dog over the counter benidril, has anyone else heard of this?

PeterJasonMN
06-20-2006, 07:25
Yup. My dog got bit/stung on the left side of her mouth and she looked like the canine version of The Godfather.

You could see when the Benadryl got into her bloodstream because you could watch the swelling go down.

nanbf06
06-20-2006, 08:22
so that stuff is ok to give to my dog?

PeterJasonMN
06-20-2006, 09:07
Didn't kill mine. She was better within 20min of taking it.

Add: Vet was the one who told us to admin it.

G20man32904
06-20-2006, 09:24
1 or 2 visits with a professional trainer will be much cheaper than a Vet bill... Something to think about...