Tips re pregnant wife [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Tips re pregnant wife


Wp.22
06-22-2006, 03:00
brother bog's, my wife is preganant for our first baby anung tips ba ang pwede nyong ibigay sa akin?

Chie
06-22-2006, 03:14
try reading and talking to the baby on the 6th month. at wag mo itabi wife mo sa mga pangit para hindi mapag lihihan! he he he :supergrin:

antediluvianist
06-22-2006, 03:24
If your wife in her first trimester, she may get very sick at times, as you know. Good if there are people who can stay with her at such times.

Save up a lot of money.

Make sure there is someone who can help with the nightly feedings in the first 5 months or so after your baby is born.

Enjoy!

9MX
06-22-2006, 03:57
take a bath after handling guns or coming from a shooting session to wash off lead

mikey177
06-22-2006, 04:32
Let the baby listen to classical music while it's still in the womb if you want to produce a genius.

Also, don't let your wife do strenuous physical activities, and avoid giving her stress. If she asks for ripe mangoes in the middle of November, then by golly you'd better find some ripe mangoes :supergrin:

Even if it's still a long way off, eventually you'll have to talk about what hospital your wife will give birth in, and whether you'll try doing it by natural labor or C-section. Have ready plans regarding how to get to the hospital, who will do what (e.g. leaving a housesitter, having a bantay to relieve the husband at the hospital if he needs to run errands, etc.), stuff to bring, and other small but important details.

Oh, and congratulations on the new addition to your family.

atmarcella
06-22-2006, 05:35
galing mo naman dre.... ako 4 years na wala pa rin:freak:

pero na kunan sa sya nung 2nd year namin:supergrin:

w/c means there's hope:supergrin:

PMMA97
06-22-2006, 14:30
Iwasan ng wife mo ang pag upo ng biglaan.

Iwasan ang pag akyat baba ng hagdan lalo na kung maiiwasan naman.

Magiging iritable kung minsan ang asawa mo lalo na sa iyo kaya nararapat na pagpasensyahan.

Mahalin ang asawa at baby ng lubusan.

Iyan ang mga payo ng byenan ko sa amin...epektib naman. :)

Wp.22
06-22-2006, 18:22
andrew pare, hinubad ko lang yung brief ko kaya nabuntis hehehe

isuzu
06-22-2006, 18:48
Watch her diet very carefully. That was my mistake when my wife got pregnant. I bought her everything she wanted to eat which is not good. Avoid softdrinks. Attend Lamaze classes. Choose carefully the person who conducts Lamaze classes. Lots of them do it for profit which is is not good. Conducting Lamaze classes is supposed to be non-profit.

Get your wife to exercise after consulting with a doctor so she won't have difficulty giving birth.

As Ante said on his post, SAVE lots of money. You'll need it.

Don't buy baby clothes that are expensive. Your baby will outgrow them after a couple of months. Sayang lang.

Be patient! You'll also need lots of it.

Have your wife's blood type checked and look for people with the same blood type and RH factor. You might need them - just in case.

Talk to your baby.

Paint the room months before your wife gives birth if you need to have it painted. That way, the paint's odor will dissipate.

Get a good pediatrician.

Dok
06-22-2006, 18:58
1. Be sure she stays away from people who are sick during the first tri-mester. Specially from those who have German measles (very big chance of having birth defects)

2. Quit drinking or smoking if she is doing it. Results into small birth weight/retarded infants.

3. Take vitamins specially rich in or with folate to prevent neural tube defects. Can also use comercially available milk preparation for pregnant women rich in folate. Eat a balance diet.

4. Rest. Enough rest.

5. Frequent visits with your OB-Gyn specially during the last trimester so lab work-ups could be done like hepatitis b test (raphadex), urinalysis, blood sugar, etc. depending on the risk factor. Presence of illness few days prior to delivery may result to potential risk for sepsis.

6. Have your baby given Hepatitis B vaccine within 12 hours after birth. And have the baby enrolled on Newborn Screening for early detection of metabolic disorders.

s.g
06-22-2006, 19:25
Pards,

The book 'What to Expect When Expecting' available for 500+ Php at National Bookstore is a very good reference. Halos lahat ng sinasabi sa amin ng Ob-Gyne ni Misis ay nandoon pala! It covers a month by month discussion of what to expect and how to prepare for it.

I agree about the delicateness of the first 3 months. Super-ingat dyan pre. In addition to what's been said already, check also if your wife has a history of diabetes as blood sugar tends to rise during pregnancy, and some women develop pregnancy induced diabetes which disappears naman after pregnancy, but might have an effect on the baby.

On your commander's 28th week she might be asked to undergo a glucose tolerance test to check her blood sugar, earlier if diabetes is in her family background.

Congrats and take care!!!

:supergrin:

isuzu
06-22-2006, 19:53
Originally posted by atmarcella
galing mo naman dre.... ako 4 years na wala pa rin:freak:

pero na kunan sa sya nung 2nd year namin:supergrin:

w/c means there's hope:supergrin:

This worked for me. It took us three months to get her to conceive. I was seriously considering having myself checked if my wife didn't get pregnant on the fourth month:

Didn't drink alcoholic beverages for a month.

Ate healthy foods and avoided pork and meat. Ate lots of protein-rich food; ate mostly vegetables, shellfish, fresh fish, no MSG and slept a minimum of eight hours a day.

Avoided contact with my wife until the 13th to the 15th day of her cycle (those were the days when she was fertile, according to her OB Gyne).

Ate lots of bananas to increase my potassium level, that's why I have a son. Helps kuno.
:)

batangueno
06-22-2006, 19:58
Congrats Pot. :thumbsup:

Regarding how to get pregnant, according to gundog "tequila lang ang kailangan". :supergrin:

Taurus
06-22-2006, 20:32
1)Do not buy too many baby clothes and baby things during pregnancy and in anticipation of that day. Instead, have the wife hold a baby shower before birth and then have the baby baptized as early as possibly (my children were baptized a week after birth). The reason is family relatives, godparents and friends ALWAYS give baby clothes and things like bottles, etc. during showers and baptismals. This prevents duplication of items. Take stock of what was given to determine what else is needed. Compute the money saved and use it as down payment for your next gun.

2)Husbands are understandably eagerly awaiting the birth of their first child. Bear in mind however that most first-time mothers are terrified of giving birth. My wife used to wake up at night crying and telling me that she was deathly afraid of the impending event. Take pains to comfort her. If she is still afraid of childbirth after the first baby, get someone else pregnant.
:supergrin:

ppts799
06-22-2006, 20:45
gimmick as much as you can and shoot as much as you can while the baby isn't out yet :) oooops, joke lang po yun.

be very very patient with her because mood swings are common. tell her and show her how much you love her all the time :cool:

Chie
06-22-2006, 22:03
Originally posted by Taurus
1)Do not buy too many baby clothes and baby things during pregnancy and in anticipation of that day. Instead, have the wife hold a baby shower before birth and then have the baby baptized as early as possibly (my children were baptized a week after birth). The reason is family relatives, godparents and friends ALWAYS give baby clothes and things like bottles, etc. during showers and baptismals. This prevents duplication of items. Take stock of what was given to determine what else is needed. Compute the money saved and use it as down payment for your next gun.

2)Husbands are understandably eagerly awaiting the birth of their first child. Bear in mind however that most first-time mothers are terrified of giving birth. My wife used to wake up at night crying and telling me that she was deathly afraid of the impending event. Take pains to comfort her. If she is still afraid of childbirth after the first baby, get someone else pregnant.
:supergrin:

:laughabove:

Wp.22
06-22-2006, 22:05
helpfull talaga kayo yung mga tips and suggestion nyo nakakatulong talaga.
bago ako ikasal nagtanong din ako inyo (remember boy pindot) tapos ngayon pregnant ang wife ko, ano kaya ang susunod na itatanong ko?

antediluvianist
06-22-2006, 22:17
One or two BOGs above asked about how to get pregnant.

My experience = after 2 years of no baby, went to one of those doctors who specialize in fertility. Basically just had to monitor and record body temperature (for the Mrs.)- low or high temperature (I forget which) indicates ongoing ovulation - and there were some shots for the Mrs. Then rest for both of us and some vitamins. Presto! In 3 months.

Consider going to one of those docs. And wear loose jockeys - heat is bad for sperm. I understand sometimes guys are asked to soak their balls in icewater, thankfully I didn't get that far.

Eye Cutter
06-22-2006, 22:46
congratulations pot! sino ba ob-gyn ng wife mo? and what hospital ninyo balak?

Wp.22
06-23-2006, 00:17
EC,
sa our lady of lourdes hospital kami (major stock holder na kami doon paid close or more to 2 million for my niece medical expenses) malapit lang sa bahay since i lived in san juan mas accesible than cardinal plus the nun at lourders are a close friend of ours.

our OB is Dr. Rowena Sese

presidingglock
06-23-2006, 00:31
Wp.22,

In my experience, it would be better for your wife to undergo a monthly ultrasound even if it is not required by your O.B. This way you can not only see the baby every month but you and your doctor can actually see the condition of the baby and immediately address/prevent complications that may arise like spotting, etc.

atmarcella
06-23-2006, 08:56
Originally posted by Dok
1. Be sure she stays away from people who are sick during the first tri-mester. Specially from those who have German measles (very big chance of having birth defects)

2. Quit drinking or smoking if she is doing it. Results into small birth weight/retarded infants.

3. Take vitamins specially rich in or with folate to prevent neural tube defects. Can also use comercially available milk preparation for pregnant women rich in folate. Eat a balance diet.

4. Rest. Enough rest.

5. Frequent visits with your OB-Gyn specially during the last trimester so lab work-ups could be done like hepatitis b test (raphadex), urinalysis, blood sugar, etc. depending on the risk factor. Presence of illness few days prior to delivery may result to potential risk for sepsis.

6. Have your baby given Hepatitis B vaccine within 12 hours after birth. And have the baby enrolled on Newborn Screening for early detection of metabolic disorders.


+1 pala sabi ni mrs on the advice above, pedia pala sya, so i guess she know's what she's talking about;)

atmarcella
06-23-2006, 08:59
Originally posted by Wp.22
andrew pare, hinubad ko lang yung brief ko kaya nabuntis hehehe

hinuhubad pala yon:shocked: hehehehe:supergrin:

9MX
06-23-2006, 17:28
pahabol, don't see a "friend" anymore:laughabove:

Wp.22
06-23-2006, 17:52
Originally posted by 9MX
pahabol, don't see a "friend" anymore:laughabove:

not anymore goodboy na tayo eh

jasonub
06-23-2006, 18:29
I have a worker who is 5 years married but no kid. Told him there are 2 holes at that area. Make sure you get the right one:supergrin: :supergrin: :supergrin:

Up to now they still do not have a baby. He may still have a problem to which hole is the right one:supergrin:

As for me and the wife. We got married on December 19. Josh was born on August 18:supergrin: :supergrin: :supergrin:

Kaya pala nahilo on our wedding and in boracay she gets tired easyly and feels like she wants to puke.

Buti nga my kid was hanging hard on her since we went all over the island and even went down and up the batcave which stinks of bat piss:supergrin:

After boracay, she again got a lot of nausea thus she had a checkup. And the doctor just said its simple, your pregnant:shocked: :)

The journey is unforgetable and happy. Enjoy it. PS dont bite too hard on your baby's butt:supergrin: sarap kagatin kasi:)

isuzu
06-23-2006, 19:06
Originally posted by presidingglock
Wp.22,

In my experience, it would be better for your wife to undergo a monthly ultrasound even if it is not required by your O.B. This way you can not only see the baby every month but you and your doctor can actually see the condition of the baby and immediately address/prevent complications that may arise like spotting, etc.

Our OB Gyne only allowed us three ultrasounds. She said too much of it wasn't good for the baby.

presidingglock
06-23-2006, 20:50
According to our research, there is actually no medical proof that an ultrasound is harmful to the baby. In fact, our O.B. has her own ultrasound machine in her clinic and during my wife's regular check-up she would always use the ultrasound machine on her. I was also wondering about its "harmful" effect on the baby, but we were assured that it's okay after talking to our other O.B. geny (my wife's sister) and after we made our own research about it. Thank God they were correct since my wife gave birth to our first born - a HEALTHY baby girl.

jojo_G19
06-24-2006, 05:38
our OB also uses ultrasound to check on my baby, she also says its ok.. :supergrin:

BTW, my wife is already due on the 2nd week of july. too bad, no GUN SHOW for me :freak:

isuzu
06-24-2006, 07:10
Yup, I remember that the OB Gyne used ultrasound to read our baby's heartbeat. It was the ultrasound that took images of the baby in the womb that we were worried about.

It's good to know that there' actually no proof that ultrasounds have a negative effect on babies still inside the womb.

isuzu
08-08-2006, 19:26
Originally posted by presidingglock
According to our research, there is actually no medical proof that an ultrasound is harmful to the baby. In fact, our O.B. has her own ultrasound machine in her clinic and during my wife's regular check-up she would always use the ultrasound machine on her. I was also wondering about its "harmful" effect on the baby, but we were assured that it's okay after talking to our other O.B. geny (my wife's sister) and after we made our own research about it. Thank God they were correct since my wife gave birth to our first born - a HEALTHY baby girl.


Just read the news today that doctors and researchers in the US, especially ones that specialize in ultrasound discourage the use of ultrasound or sonograms in babies, unless the baby needs to have one.
The doctors and researchers are wary since there are several doctors as well as businesses in the US offering "glamor" ultrasounds where you can "see" your unborn child and store the images on CDs.

They found out in pregnant laboratory mice that had several ultrasound sessions bore mice whose brains weren't fully developed compared to pregnant mice that didn't undergo ultrasound.

atmarcella
08-09-2006, 00:35
nice tip isuzu;)

mikol
08-09-2006, 01:34
Originally posted by Wp.22
not anymore goodboy na tayo eh
mahaba-haba din yung 9 months. :supergrin:
make sure di makabalita si friend dahil baka tumawag at makipag bonding ulit.;)

Wp.22
08-09-2006, 02:50
friend is pregnant din two months not from me but from her boyfriend she told me about this news a week ago. the sad thing about it is she does not plan to marry the father of her child. sabi ko nga being with your husband on the side is not easy lalo pa kung mag isa ka lang.

mikol
08-09-2006, 03:05
Originally posted by Wp.22
friend is pregnant din two months not from me but from her boyfriend she told me about this news a week ago. the sad thing about it is she does not plan to marry the father of her child. sabi ko nga being with your husband on the side is not easy lalo pa kung mag isa ka lang.

good for you, you had been guided by your guardian BoGers sa matuwid na landas. ;)

Kidding aside, just try to keep straight(minimize mo na yung mga good old bachelor gigs kng di talaga matangal)& be a good husband & a good father to your up coming bab(ies)y.:)

BTW, masyadong sensitive mga buntis sa amoy ng yosi, perfumes, after shave cologne & other stuffs.
tsaka habaan mo pasensya mo sayong wife sa kanyang pag-bubuntis dahil masyadong mainitin ang mga ulo ng buntis during there pregnancy. :supergrin:

And lastly, keep all your firearms in one place & change the combination lock code to avoid being used as a running man in the house pag sinumpong ang buntis.:supergrin: ;) ;)

presidingglock
08-10-2006, 01:30
Originally posted by isuzu
Just read the news today that doctors and researchers in the US, especially ones that specialize in ultrasound discourage the use of ultrasound or sonograms in babies, unless the baby needs to have one.
The doctors and researchers are wary since there are several doctors as well as businesses in the US offering "glamor" ultrasounds where you can "see" your unborn child and store the images on CDs.

They found out in pregnant laboratory mice that had several ultrasound sessions bore mice whose brains weren't fully developed compared to pregnant mice that didn't undergo ultrasound.


Thanks for the update isuzu. I better tell my wife's O.B. about this news for the sake of my second baby (by the way my wife is two months pregnant):)

mikol
08-10-2006, 02:15
Originally posted by presidingglock
Thanks for the update isuzu. I better tell my wife's O.B. about this news for the sake of my second baby (by the way my wife is two months pregnant):)

eric martin ikaw ba yan bro.?? :supergrin:

isuzu
08-10-2006, 20:44
Originally posted by presidingglock
Thanks for the update isuzu. I better tell my wife's O.B. about this news for the sake of my second baby (by the way my wife is two months pregnant):)

No problem, and the wishing the best for your wife and your 2nd baby.;)

presidingglock
08-10-2006, 21:23
Originally posted by mikol
eric martin ikaw ba yan bro.?? :supergrin:

Sorry, no. Eric Martin Taghoy? I think I also know the guy mikol.

charlie-xray
09-11-2006, 06:39
Ang payo sa akin ng OB ni mrs noon, huwag ko raw araw-arawin at epektib rin, kasi usually one month vacation ko kaya inaaraw-araw ko hindi pala maganda yun, pero inabot pa rin ako ng 3months to give birth to a double bouncing twin girls.


Originally posted by isuzu
This worked for me. It took us three months to get her to conceive. I was seriously considering having myself checked if my wife didn't get pregnant on the fourth month:

Didn't drink alcoholic beverages for a month.

Ate healthy foods and avoided pork and meat. Ate lots of protein-rich food; ate mostly vegetables, shellfish, fresh fish, no MSG and slept a minimum of eight hours a day.

Avoided contact with my wife until the 13th to the 15th day of her cycle (those were the days when she was fertile, according to her OB Gyne).

Ate lots of bananas to increase my potassium level, that's why I have a son. Helps kuno.
:)

Kaiser Soze
09-11-2006, 09:23
My aunt is an Ob-Gyne and she always recommends supplements for pregnant women, OB Smart and OB Max...

OB Max is for prevention of defects and for a healthy fetus.

OB Smart is the same but is better for brain development ng baby since it has DHA etc.

Congrats sa lahat ng magiging future tatay!