G19 for Production Division [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : G19 for Production Division

HEAVY
06-22-2006, 07:40
disadvantage?

i'm aware most would go for the bigger glock17 for two obvious reasons, mag capacity and longer sight radius.

but i thought i would play what i would carry.

is this sound thinking?

would be glad to here what you guys think.

MR_BIG
06-22-2006, 07:49
trust trade is selling 17rd g19 mags with stock glock base pad, pasok sya sa production, about the sight radius, you'll get better with practice

HEAVY
06-22-2006, 08:03
Originally posted by MR_BIG
trust trade is selling 17rd g19 mags with stock glock base pad, pasok sya sa production, about the sight radius, you'll get better with practice

IPSC handbook expressly forbids the use of magazines with extended basepads.

i would argue that my glock 19 came out of the box with +2 basepads.

but it does not provide for that loophole (i think). it just says no extended basepads allowed.

have any of you sirs played with extended basepads in production?

if you have, then that's good news! ibig sabihin pwede ako lumaro with 15+2 mags!

(incidentally, may naka +2 basepads ba na stock mags for G17?)

thanks uli mga sir.

s0nny_g17
06-22-2006, 08:27
go for a full size glock. konti lang naman diff sa length and ht

disadvantages:
trigger-but you'l get used to it

its cute, so mas marami ma-cutean sa baril mo kesa sayo.hehehe(joke lang po)

you need a higher load to meet the power factor of production (revs*wt>=125)
pag mas maikli kasi barrel mas mababa revs(tama ba?)

mc_oliver
06-22-2006, 11:42
Malayo na mararating mo sa G19 dre even with the 15-round mags. Palit ka lang ng steel sights. ;)

isuzu
06-22-2006, 19:43
Originally posted by MR_BIG

Don't think you could use a magazine with extended base pad in Production Division. Unless Glock did something to their magazine follower that would allow for more rounds with the stock (flat) base pads.

s0nny_g17
06-22-2006, 19:48
pag pinaltan ba ng aftermarket sights pasok pa rin sa production?

batangueno
06-22-2006, 19:53
Only stock flat basepads are allowed in IPSC production.

Yes, you can install aftermarket sights as long as there will be no alterations to the slide.

mikey177
06-22-2006, 20:12
Originally posted by HEAVY

is this sound thinking?

Yes, your reasoning makes perfect sense.

Shoot what you carry so you'll become completely familiar with it.

ppts799
06-22-2006, 20:30
sir, you can not use the +2 pads.

i've said this a million times... there is this weirdo who started in IPSC production using a G19, and he always landed in the top5 or even top3 in the standings. KAINIS! :rollsmiley: :rollsmiley:

jasonub
06-22-2006, 20:37
i dont want to be disadvantaged with fewer rounds in matches. Thus i experimented with the 19 round mag (still experimenting since it failed me 2x in a major match)

With the choice between the 2 glocks, Id take the 17 for prod division even though i dont like glocks.

darth board
06-22-2006, 21:19
go for the g17 madali rin naman icarry yun konti lang ang laki nya sa g19.

glck17
06-23-2006, 06:06
g17 for prod division.;)

HEAVY
06-23-2006, 08:35
can you change to 3dot nitesites and still qualify for production?

glck17
06-23-2006, 08:53
yes i think glock offers them as an option

mc_oliver
06-23-2006, 09:58
Originally posted by ppts799
sir, you can not use the +2 pads.

i've said this a million times... there is this weirdo who started in IPSC production using a G19, and he always landed in the top5 or even top3 in the standings. KAINIS! :rollsmiley: :rollsmiley:
Just because he's good-looking doesn't make him a weirdo. :clown: :supergrin: :supergrin: :beer:

s0nny_g17
06-23-2006, 10:10
can you change to 3dot nitesites and still qualify for production?
already answered by batangueno

HEAVY
06-24-2006, 02:42
thanks a lot.

MR_BIG
06-24-2006, 08:19
thank you for the correction, i thought if comes from the as is, where is, its considered stock.

ppts799
06-24-2006, 10:09
Originally posted by mc_oliver
Just because he's good-looking doesn't make him a weirdo. :clown: :supergrin: :supergrin: :beer:

HAHAHA!!! obvious ba kung sino ito? :supergrin: :supergrin:
Good looking, sabi lang ng nanay and wife niya :rollsmiley:

"weirdo" lang kasi kahit anong pistol and division, laging nasa top!!! SUPER KAINIS!!!

jimbullet
06-25-2006, 04:39
Whoa, the 3rd gen glocks now have the + pads as standard, so I dont understand why cant we use these mags?

mc_oliver
06-25-2006, 04:51
Originally posted by ppts799
HAHAHA!!! obvious ba kung sino ito? :supergrin: :supergrin:
Good looking, sabi lang ng nanay and wife niya :rollsmiley:

"weirdo" lang kasi kahit anong pistol and division, laging nasa top!!! SUPER KAINIS!!!
Oist! Tama na, baka maniwala na sila. :supergrin: :supergrin:

Whoa, the 3rd gen glocks now have the + pads as standard, so I dont understand why cant we use these mags?
It's a rule thing dre. It won't be changed anytime soon.

Eye Cutter
06-25-2006, 06:01
Originally posted by jimbullet

no, its not. dealer option mga +2 base pads. if that is what the dealers order, that is what glock delivers.

any base pad that results to additional magazine capacity is not allowed in Prod Div, even if its from the factory

don't worry about "having only 15 rounds". most stages start without a round in the chamber, and most CoF's have 9 rds per port, so you have a lot of extra rds if you need to re-engage. magpapalit ka rin naman going to the next port, so that is not a disadvantage.

even if you're using a G17 with 17 rds, kulang ka rin ng isa pag condition 2. granting 18rds na kasya sa G17 mag mo, tapos may bakal, are you willing to risk having a standing reload???

mcoliver is the "weirdo" who started out using a g19 in PD.

hanggang ngayon naman, weirdo pa rin! hahaha!

HEAVY
06-25-2006, 07:40
[QUOTEdon't worry about "having only 15 rounds". most stages start without a round in the chamber, and most CoF's have 9 rds per port, so you have a lot of extra rds if you need to re-engage. magpapalit ka rin naman going to the next port, so that is not a disadvantage.
[/QUOTE]

thanks, that makes me feel better about my glock19.

HEAVY
06-26-2006, 00:06
mga sir, pwede po ba mag-install ng extended slide release and still qualify for production in ipsc?

how about an extended mag release button?

e sa idpa po, allowed po ba ang mga nabanggit na parts?

maraming salamat po.

pasensya na at matanong ako. hehe.

jimbullet
06-26-2006, 05:02
I got a g26, alam ko medyo makulit but I want to compete what I carry most often, so can I just stick in a g17 mag and compete in even modified or say stick in a g19 barrel?

mc_oliver
06-26-2006, 14:42
I got a g26, alam ko medyo makulit but I want to compete what I carry most often, so can I just stick in a g17 mag and compete in even modified or say stick in a g19 barrel?
If modified then your setup must fit the IPSC box; G19 barrel, G17 mag and all.

Or you can just use your G26 with it's flush magazines and just work on your reloads, pede din. If you want to use your g17 mags on your G26, baka pede sa mga clubshoots lang. Otherwise, sa Open ka babagsak.

HEAVY
06-27-2006, 19:50

if you compete in production with your g26, you will be distinctly disadvantaged. you will be up against guys with 17 round mags.

if you want to win, it doesn't make sense to use the g26.

but if you want to be extremely proficient with your g26 because as you said it's what you carry, then by all means use it, and use it with the mags that you will carry.

that's my thoughts on my glock 19 too, maybe it applies to you also.

my thoughts.

quick
06-27-2006, 23:20
disadvantage?

i'm aware most would go for the bigger glock17 for two obvious reasons, mag capacity and longer sight radius.

is this sound thinking?

would be glad to here what you guys think.

i have a g19. i also would like to shoot IDPA and will most likely carry it in the near future as well.

shooting IDPA with what you carry sounds like good advice to me...