I need a name for this part?!?! - Pics included [Archive] - Glock Talk


View Full Version : I need a name for this part?!?! - Pics included

06-22-2006, 14:22
Hi -

I need a specific name for this part to get a replacement. Is it a lower rear controller arm or something? It is a 2002 Mazda Tribute aka Ford Escape.

The rear suspension is independent multi link. My intention is to get a junk yard pick-A-part and replace it myself or at least get the part alot cheaper than new. Is this reasonable DIY work? Also should I check on replacing other parts because of damage to the part?


06-22-2006, 16:07
Yes, it's a lower control arm. Yes, you could replace it yourself. I would HIGHLY recommend a 4 wheel alignment asap after it's been replaced. This would also ensure that no other parts are bent.


06-22-2006, 21:11
Thanks ClydeGlide -

I appreciate it. I will locate the part, replace it and follow up with an alignment. It was time for new tires anyway.

Fred Hansen
06-22-2006, 23:17
Great avatar! :supergrin:

06-26-2006, 08:07
Arrrrgh Thank you matey! Arrrrgh!