bulged cases [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : bulged cases

magister
06-22-2006, 22:13
was in armscor mcs yesterday and bought 50 rounds of 9mm reloads. being the oc that i am i used my case gage to measure the rounds. 20 out of 50 had bulged cases. had the rounds replaced to specs so ok lang.

my question is what happens or what could possibly happen when one fires rounds that don't seat properly in the barrel? automatic kB ba yan?

if i understand correctly, ang tawag dito mga buntis na bala, right?

Eye Cutter
06-22-2006, 22:49
since buntis yung basyo, hindi mag-chamber yun and hindi mag full battery, so hindi mo rin makakalabit trigger. hindi ka mag kB!

sundancekid
06-23-2006, 00:24
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
since buntis yung basyo, hindi mag-chamber yun and hindi mag full battery, so hindi mo rin makakalabit trigger. hindi ka mag kB!

yup this happened to me once na. using reloaded 9mm ammos i had one that i thought was FTF, upon inspection it was a bulged case, but no KB or anything. since the ammo failed to seat properly the trigger did not reset so no danger there.

atmarcella
06-23-2006, 09:33
malayo sa kb ang glock 9mm;)

bicolano_glockr
06-23-2006, 19:45
From what i've gathered, mas common ang bulging cases/Kb sa .40 cal glocks since the case is unsupported in the 6 o'clock position....

correct me if i'm wrong, mga sirs...

jimbullet
06-27-2006, 06:45
Over time and dozen of reloads made in a shell, if these are not dedicated to a single pistol use, there are bulges and I had serious lock ups on my glock with such ammo in MCS. Better to have your own shells exclusively being used in your glocks