Made in Korea 1911 barrels [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Made in Korea 1911 barrels

HEAVY
06-25-2006, 22:52
hey, guys.

was in the gunshop today in mcs, and on the display case were match, ramped bull barells in 3 lengths, standard, commander and officers. they looked pretty well made.

the sales girl said they are made in korea, they were branded "Ironsides" or something.

they cost about less than half a BarSto or Schuemann barrel.

anyone encountered these barrels before?

i'm wondering if they're any good.

thanks, guys.

paltik45
06-25-2006, 23:15
Hmmmm? I know for a fact that Korean and Brazilian ordnance steel are one of the best in the market today. But instead of answering your questions I might throw in some more. Are the barrels stainless steel or steel alloy. If it is the later, is it chrome lined? Are those barrels "two" piece or bar stock single piece? What kind of ramp? what calibers? Lastly, magkano kabayan? interesado kasi ako. Salamat po.;)

pipo
06-26-2006, 04:57
Yup i also want to read feedbacks on these slides and barrels of ironsides. I saw them at Twin Pines. Slides are about 14k and barrels at 7k.

akula
06-26-2006, 05:11
Tried to check them out, but they would require your existing F/A license for the particular caliber you'll be buying. Also, they said that the barrels WILL BE LICENSE to you as F/A ID card will be issued by Crame; -- that could mean that you'll have to pay the renewal fees every two years.

Can anyone verify this...

jasonub
06-26-2006, 05:32
i suggest go with the proven brands. for proven and cheap barrels and slides, sa armscor na lang. sariling atin pa

Valor1
06-26-2006, 06:45
Agreed with Jason. Or gusto mo iyong SPS barrels at sale pa ngayon sa P.B. Dionisio.

jojo_G19
06-26-2006, 07:19
Originally posted by Valor1
Agreed with Jason. Or gusto mo iyong SPS barrels at sale pa ngayon sa P.B. Dionisio.

valor,
magkano nalang ba ung SPS barrel sa PB?

Valor1
06-26-2006, 08:03
Originally posted by jojo_G19
valor,
magkano nalang ba ung SPS barrel sa PB?

I believe they are less than 9 thousand (since it's a sale probably just a bit less than that). I also read somewhere that they are manufactured by Lothar Walther ( a very reputable firm engaged in the business for quite a number of years).

pipo
06-26-2006, 08:52
Originally posted by jasonub
i suggest go with the proven brands. for proven and cheap barrels and slides, sa armscor na lang. sariling atin pa

Kamusta na ba ang armscor barrels and slides lately? I read good feedbacks from the other forums regarding Rock Islands. If our home made armscors can relatively stand up to abuse and no longer considered "soft" as some would earlier suggest, then thats good news! Bar stos and caspian are really quite expensive.

isuzu
06-26-2006, 18:36
Originally posted by Valor1
I also read somewhere that they are manufactured by Lothar Walther ( a very reputable firm engaged in the business for quite a number of years).

The make the barrels for Armalite ARs.

paltik45
06-26-2006, 22:11
Originally posted by pipo
Kamusta na ba ang armscor barrels and slides lately? I read good feedbacks from the other forums regarding Rock Islands. If our home made armscors can relatively stand up to abuse and no longer considered "soft" as some would earlier suggest, then thats good news! Bar stos and caspian are really quite expensive.

OO nga mga sir kamusta na ba yung "sariling atin"(ARMSCOR barrel)? Kasi dyan din ako nagsimula noon at sana nakinig ako kila mterillo. They told me that I'll be better off with either branded barrels or the Mil-spec 779 barrels. Eh umandar ang pagiging kuripot ko kaya ayun after 3,000 rounds panay "Keyhole" na ang tama ng bala ko:freak: After I got the Metrillo's installed the 779 barrel it went up to 14,000rnds. It is a series 85 779 barrel and chrome lined kaya tumagal.:supergrin:

PS. Can you guys verify that report about getting a new FA license just to get a barrel? Mukang panibagong racket na naman nila yan ah.:upeyes:

presidingglock
06-27-2006, 02:43
I inquired from Twinpines last month about whether you have to apply for a license in acquiring a new barrel, but I was informed that I don't have to. I just don't know if the info. was accurate.

Hermo Gut
06-27-2006, 02:59
Here in Iloilo city, Twin Pines sells the Ironsides barrel. Tinanong ko yung saleslady if I need some paperworks kung sakaling bilhin ko yung barrel, she said "Naku sir kailangang ipa-license na, nahuli ka lang ng isang linggo kasi dati puwede kahit wala". That was about three weeks ago. TP also sells Rock Island Armory barrel for Php 3.5T. :upeyes:

atmarcella
06-27-2006, 06:36
OT

hi hermo,

musta iloilo, pare try mo palabok sa balbi's, its just a small store sa baba ng st. elizabeth bowling alley, at the back of PNB, beside's ATRIUM;)

jojo_G19
06-27-2006, 20:52
Originally posted by paltik45

PS. Can you guys verify that report about getting a new FA license just to get a barrel? Mukang panibagong racket na naman nila yan ah.:upeyes:

hope its not true, just bought a STI reciever last year, may kasama nang FA license un, if im going to buy a barrel with with its own license, pano na ngayon to, two licenses for 1 project gun :soap:

Hermo Gut
06-27-2006, 21:10
Originally posted by atmarcella
OT

hi hermo,

musta iloilo, pare try mo palabok sa balbi's, its just a small store sa baba ng st. elizabeth bowling alley, at the back of PNB, beside's ATRIUM;)

Ok Atmarcella, I'll try the Palabok. If malapit sa Atrium very good, so many beautiful Paulinians there.;)

paltik45
06-27-2006, 22:37
Originally posted by jojo_G19
hope its not true, just bought a STI reciever last year, may kasama nang FA license un, if im going to buy a barrel with with its own license, pano na ngayon to, two licenses for 1 project gun :soap:

Same here, I am going back home early next year and my gun needs a NEW barrel. :frown: I dont want to spend some more money on a replacement barrel. I am wondering who is behind this scheme:freak:

vega
06-28-2006, 00:10
Regarding buying extra barrel/s, Crame requires that you register that barrel but you don't need to renew it every 2 yrs. But who register extra barrel/s? I have not known any shooters who did that. Tip - Don't ask for a receipt.

MELBU
06-28-2006, 02:18
license for barrels? my gulay1 hehehe:)

atmarcella
06-28-2006, 09:56
Originally posted by Hermo Gut
Ok Atmarcella, I'll try the Palabok. If malapit sa Atrium very good, so many beautiful Paulinians there.;)

hehehe exactly:supergrin: