Springfield XD [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Springfield XD

astig007
06-26-2006, 21:51
is there any gun store in Metro Manila that sells the XD in 9mm? any idea of the going rate for one?

Benj
06-26-2006, 22:18
I saw one in Nashe last gunshow, nasa 44k ata for the 9mm. I've read about some parts that are prone to breaking, Springfield in the US won't sell you parts, you have to send the gun to them. This of course can't be done here in the philippines, I just don't know if parts from the HS2000 will fit, anybody?

isuzu
06-27-2006, 00:23
Basically the same gun with a different name. They used to sell this gun with the HS2000 brand a few years ago, until the US distributor wasn't able to sell the gun well. Then, Springfield took over the marketing of the gun, and it's been selling okay in the US. Outside of the US, it's being sold as the HS2000

chocoboy
06-27-2006, 01:16
I think stronghand along Rocess carries them...

Not sure how much but i know prices are higher than glocks.

astig007
06-27-2006, 03:04
there seems to be a 10k price difference. anybody had an experience using or handling one? what is the 'feel' in comparison to glock?

cebuboy
06-27-2006, 04:01
Originally posted by astig007
there seems to be a 10k price difference. anybody had an experience using or handling one? what is the 'feel' in comparison to glock?

the grip is slimmer and the trigger is more crisp compared to the glock. the finish rusts easily. saw one with the frame cracked in the locking block area, one with the cocked indicator flew off:)

horge
06-27-2006, 06:03
"Springfield Armory" is constrained (by contract) from selling the XD
outside of the United States. Keep in mind that "Springfieald Armory"
are merely rebranding prefab'ed HS 2000 pistols made in Croatia.

In the Philippines, the official distributor for HS Produkt is
Stronghand Inc., with store locations along Roces Avenue in
Quezon City; at the Sail Centre Building, North Reclamation Area,
Cebu City, Philippines; along Santa Ana Avenue, Davao City; and
in Brgy. Nancayasan, Urdaneta City, Pangasinan

http://www.stronghandinc.com/stronghand.html

I agree that the finish doesn't keep out rust, but it's the thing's
trigger reset that throws me off. Takes getting used to, I guess,
and it didn't bother me as much as a Glock's trigger sproingy-ness.

astig007
06-27-2006, 19:23
called up stronghand already. retail price for an HS2000 is P38k, while g17 with trust trade is 34k.

i am just curious with how that triple safety system of an XD/HS works...

vega
06-27-2006, 22:04
Coming from Glock and XD owner:
1) XD grip is a lot better than Glock.

2) XD Firing Pin Retaining Pin prone to breakage if you shoot it without Snap caps.

3) XD is about $100 cheaper than GLock.

4) Safety features work just like Glock but with added Safety grip of 1911.

5) XD slide will not work if safety grip is not pressed.

6) XD slide rusts easily but with added TLC it could be avoided. I suggest cleaning the FA immediately after shooting session.

7) I suggsest having extra recoil spring, end portion which rests on the locking block prone to wear and tear.

8) SA will replace broken parts except 9 items which has something to do with firing mechanism ( and I can't remember which, barrel and frame included).

9) I'd rather get the HS2000 brand, a lot cheaper than SA name.

10) There were reports that locking block (mostly 40S&W) breaks after some thousand rounds. (older models)

Hope this help.

New_comer
06-29-2006, 05:32
I vaguely remember that an HS2000 can accept beretta mags... but I'm not too sure about that.

Had I not gotten a USP, I probably would have owned the HS2000. The Glock's grip is just too blocky for me considering my short and stubby fingers.

On the downside, I remember that it's classified as 'single action' so you can't join IPSC Production. You'd end up competing against the 1911's, a great disadvantage if you intend to succeed in the sport. :cool: