Caliber Corner problem posters.... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Caliber Corner problem posters....

Eddie C.
06-28-2006, 02:40
Folks,
We've been inundated with reports about people causing arguments in this forum. We've had this problem in other forums such as Political, Religious, AWOT, 1911, GNG, etc. The only way to solve it, considerably, is to get rid of the few who are starting trouble.

I see there are personality conflicts between a few of you. Let me say this, if you participate in these name calling games, and start trouble under the guise of so called patting someone on the back with false praise, you are just as guilty as the next person and your posting privileges will be revoked.

I don't know how to make myself any clearer. We may have to get rid of a few good people, those who won't OR can't get along, to make things bearable for the rest of us.

So we will be reviewing this forum closely. There may be no other warnings to you other than finding out you are no longer able to logon to Glock Talk. Put those of whom you can't get along with on your ignore list. Then IGNORE them.

I'm sorry it has come to this, but a forum this size needs a standard of rules that are adhered to by EVERYONE. We don't ask for much, except to act like ADULTS, and if you are going to disagree, do so with a modicum of civility. I guess some posters are having trouble even with that.

Eddie C.

ponykilr
06-28-2006, 20:24
i was wondering when you all would step in. it's been getting real stupid here lately.

Glock17JHP
06-29-2006, 12:25
Eddie C,
Is it the 'normal thing' to warn prior to removal of priviledges?
Just curious... I've never been warned, so do I assume I am OK at this point?

IndyGunFreak
06-30-2006, 23:12
Originally posted by Glock21JHP
Eddie C,
Is it the 'normal thing' to warn prior to removal of priviledges?
Just curious... I've never been warned, so do I assume I am OK at this point?

Some(WalterGa for example), get/received NUMEROUS warnings prior to gettin the boot. Some get none. Depends on the violation I presume.

If you cuss out a mod, there's a good chance you won't be warned.

If you just do something stupid, well, you might, you might not... Common sense gets you through most of the rules. Most likely you'd know if Eddie was referring to you...

IGF

Eddie C.
07-02-2006, 09:19
Originally posted by IndyGunFreak
Some(WalterGa for example), get/received NUMEROUS warnings prior to gettin the boot. Some get none. Depends on the violation I presume.

If you cuss out a mod, there's a good chance you won't be warned.

If you just do something stupid, well, you might, you might not... Common sense gets you through most of the rules. Most likely you'd know if Eddie was referring to you...

IGF

Ditto. I usually warn posters ahead of time. Going through this forum the last week or two I have to admit is an eye opener. There are about 5 or 6 posters that are on the edge of getting shown the door. Two or three that only have to breach the rules blatantly, to get express service. They know who they are by the threads I've closed and whom I am referring to. If not, well then they have a surprise coming then.

Glock17JHP, you aren't one of them. Eric, Patricia, and I don't like getting rid of anyone, believe me. We agonize about it and it's not a decision that comes easily. It's just that sometimes you have to sacrifice even a good member for the sake and sanity of all involved. Like I said before, some people just can't <i>or</i> won't get along with others.

WalterGA was a good example of this. He had so much to offer and could of helped make this site a leaven of intellect. He just became too much work for the Mods and Admins.

The Political and Religious forums were getting totally out of hand about 2 months ago. We had to get rid of a handful of members and things are much better now. The ones we got rid of didn't heed the warnings. I'm hoping the posters in this forum are a bit less incredulous.

Eddie C.

SD Glock 20 CCW
07-02-2006, 17:04
Thank you, I was wondering when you were going to step in, the last several weeks were...challenging to say the least, seemed to be a forum for arguing vs information. thanks again.

Peter

Eddie C.
07-02-2006, 19:04
Originally posted by SD Glock 20 CCW
Thank you, I was wondering when you were going to step in, the last several weeks were...challenging to say the least, seemed to be a forum for arguing vs information. thanks again.

Peter

No problem Peter. It's just that Bob (true believer) and I need everyones help. If you see someone not abiding by the rules, hit that "Report this post to a moderator" icon at the bottom of the offending post. Then send us a report and we can act on it.

The reports go to the Moderators of that particular forum. If there are no Moderators in that forum, they go to an Administrator (Eric, Patricia, or myself).

Unfortunately we can't read every thread or post, so we depend on helpful members like yourself to give us a heads up on the rules violators. We never divulge who sent the reports. Luckily we usually get many for the real bad ones and we notice them right away.

The good members make Glock Talk what it is. We couldn't do it without you.

Eddie C.

J.P.
07-04-2006, 08:54
So,Eddie....
Which has more knockdown power?
9mm or 45acp?

I know I've popped off a few times
but I've come to the realization that some folks are beyond educating so I try to recognize them and move on.
:supergrin:

Sorry if I've been one of the offenders.

Eddie C.
07-04-2006, 10:01
Originally posted by J.P.
So,Eddie....
9mm or 45acp?

but I've come to the realization that some folks are beyond educating so I try to recognize them and move on.

Thanks J.P. Also...................

everyone knows 9mm can stop a charging Grizzly! :shocked: :freak: :clown: :supergrin: :rollsmiley:

cobranx
07-04-2006, 10:49
May I suggest that you crack down on the 10mm degrading threads. Several of us realize the full potential of this round and others just want to sit and push our buttons. People come in here to be educated on handgun ballistics. It's not at all professional for these arm chair ballistics experts to lead them in the wrong direction. It just feeds the cycle of ignorance. Feel free to PM me concerning this matter as I'd love to express my views...

Eddie C.
07-04-2006, 11:47
Originally posted by cobranx
May I suggest that you crack down on the 10mm degrading threads. Several of us realize the full potential of this round and others just want to sit and push our buttons. People come in here to be educated on handgun ballistics. It's not at all professional for these arm chair ballistics experts to lead them in the wrong direction. It just feeds the cycle of ignorance. Feel free to PM me concerning this matter as I'd love to express my views...

cobranx, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Just because it doesn't jibe with yours doesn't mean people should be called names. It also doesn't mean they are out to get your goat. Just state your facts and leave it at that. It's when the discussions get ugly and the rules are bypassed that people risk losing their posting ability.

So remember, just because someone doesn't see your side of an issue, it's no reason to get tossed off this site because you <i>have to be right at any cost!</i>

Take the high road and be a bigger person and let them think what they choose. It won't kill you. Believe me.

cobranx
07-04-2006, 11:58
Originally posted by Eddie C.
cobranx, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Just because it doesn't jibe with yours doesn't mean people should be called names. It also doesn't mean they are out to get your goat. Just state your facts and leave it at that. It's when the discussions get ugly and the rules are bypassed that people risk losing their posting ability.

So remember, just because someone doesn't see your side of an issue, it's no reason to get tossed off this site because you <i>have to be right at any cost!</i>

Take the high road and be a bigger person and let them think what they choose. It won't kill you. Believe me. Alright, totally disregard my opinion...

SD Glock 20 CCW
07-04-2006, 13:45
So,Eddie....
9mm or 45acp?

JP, it's not so much educating, as arguing our points to the degree we digress to meaningless agruments to make a point...right or wrong, we all have our opitions as to what's best or what we think is best & everyone's entitled to their opition. We all know you love the 9, as I do mine, as well as my 40,45 & 10, I for one respect your knowledge, it just seems you get a little carried away sometimes trying to make a point. Their all great calibers in the righr hands.

Peter

SD Glock 20 CCW
07-04-2006, 14:00
Footnote:

9, 40,45,10 & 357sig are all great calibers with limitations, as long as we understand those limitations & practice & train any of the above will do it's job & do it with complete & total lethality. We educate ourselves on the limitations as well as the merits of a particular caliber thru this & other forums with intellegent posts & research & PRACTICE. I for one have learned a lot in a short time. Thanks for a great forum Eddie.

Peter

GPalmer
07-04-2006, 15:49
Thanks for stepping in, it was at the point where I wasn't coming to this forum anymore since all the threads were degenerating into caliber wars and personal attacks.

happyguy
07-04-2006, 19:01
I just realized this thread was here.

I acknowledge that I am one of the problem posters referred to in the original post. For that I apologize to all the forum members. In the future I shall endeavor to be a gentleman.

Regards,
Happyguy:)

10mm4ever
07-06-2006, 05:13
I think the point that cobranx was trying to make is simply that if you dont like a caliber, or have no use for it, why continually chime in on a thread to spread misconceptions,etc? If I did that, my entire day would be engrossed on 9mm threads trying to convince people that they dont need it. Some of these people even stereotype with names like "hero warriors",etc. Which in turn leads the "opposing side" to comments about being "recoil sensative",etc. Some are simply infatuated with their "hatred" towards certain calibers(the 10mm being a perfect example). As an example, how can you be a fan of the 9mm, and yet spend more of your time posting on 10mm threads??

J. Parker
07-06-2006, 12:38
Attacking, not caring for, or disliking a certain calibre or pistol is one thing but doing the same toward an individual is totally different. If I'm talking up my Sig's and somebody states "Sig's blow" I could really care less. To each his or her own I say. If you're in doubt add a smilie at the end.:supergrin: IMO, this changes the intent greatly. Just my thoughts. Trust me. I'm listening to myself. I'm no angel but I'm working on it.:)

Alaskapopo
07-06-2006, 21:49
People have a right to express their opinions on any fourm here so long as they do it without attacking another poster. Its one thing to say the 10mm sucks its another to say such and such poster is a recoil sensitive wimp because he does not like my faviorate caliber. Its all about being mature adults and being able to agree to disagree.
Pat

SD Glock 20 CCW
07-06-2006, 21:57
Originally posted by 355sigfan
People have a right to express their opinions on any fourm here so long as they do it without attacking another poster. Its one thing to say the 10mm sucks its another to say such and such poster is a recoil sensitive wimp because he does not like my faviorate caliber. Its all about being mature adults and being able to agree to disagree.
Pat

You hit it right on the head Pat, state the facts & let people draw their own conclusions, I hate this senseless bickering. Some people like to argue just for the sake of arguing. Go figure. I don't always agree with some of the things I read here but I do my research, analyze the data & draw my own conclusions.

Peter

J.P.
07-07-2006, 20:58
Eh...I don't care what people say about me as long as they spell my name right.
Free advertising,ya' know.

SD Glock 20 CCW
07-07-2006, 22:59
Eh...I don't care what people say about me as long as they spell my name right.
Free advertising,ya' know.

Kinda hard to mispell your name P.J.

gary newport
07-10-2006, 13:42
Originally posted by 10mm4ever
I think the point that cobranx was trying to make is simply that if you dont like a caliber, or have no use for it, why continually chime in on a thread to spread misconceptions,etc? If I did that, my entire day would be engrossed on 9mm threads trying to convince people that they dont need it. Some of these people even stereotype with names like "hero warriors",etc. Which in turn leads the "opposing side" to comments about being "recoil sensative",etc. Some are simply infatuated with their "hatred" towards certain calibers(the 10mm being a perfect example). As an example, how can you be a fan of the 9mm, and yet spend more of your time posting on 10mm threads??

10, the 10mm is FAR from the only caliber to suffer threads and postings with gratuitous insults and ridiculous claims that some other caliber is the ONE TRUE CALIBER--and anyone who doesn't agree is just wrong (or worse)! Religious zeal for the 10mm (or any other service caliber) is no excuse for belittling those who prefer something else, just as "hatred" for a certain caliber (or, more likely, a dislike for the way some folks continually tout it) is not a valid reason for such behavior.

Priv_Sec
07-14-2006, 10:26
GAP threads are pretty bad, and some of people that complain here about 10mm threads are some of the most vocal on GAP threads.

cobranx
07-14-2006, 11:10
Originally posted by Priv_Sec
GAP threads are pretty bad, and some of people that complain here about 10mm threads are some of the most vocal on GAP threads. Presenting feasable evidence, not degrading it. I've even reccomended it to people...:shocked:

gary newport
07-14-2006, 15:41
Presenting feasable evidence, not degrading it. I've even reccomended it to people...:shocked:

Not that I've noticed! Point is, the 10mm is FAR from the only caliber to suffer from the "degradation" (I assume you meant "denigration") you denounced in the following quote:

I've seen plenty of "not at all professional" postings by "arm chair ballistics experts" appear in regard to the 9mm, .40 S&W, .45 ACP and .45 GAP. Many of these posts seem intended to "push" the "buttons" of fans of one or the other of these calibers, or to feed "the cycle of ignorance." Oddly enough, a number of these postings appear to have come from fans of the caliber you were so protective of in the quote above.

If a list of ALL service calibers were substituted for "10mm" in the quote above, I'd consider it excellent guidance for conducting civil discourse in Caliber Corner and on Glock Talk in general. As the quote stands, it looks a bit more like the pot calling the kettle black!

10mm4ever
07-14-2006, 16:09
Of ALL threads to deteriorate into another flame, I doubt this is a good choice. What's occuring here is the equivalent to "running to the teacher". Sorry if that's a bad analogy, but I felt it needed to be said.:beer:

gary newport
07-14-2006, 16:24
Of ALL threads to deteriorate into another flame, I doubt this is a good choice. What's occuring here is the equivalent to "running to the teacher". Sorry if that's a bad analogy, but I felt it needed to be said.:beer:

Yes, cobranx "ran to the teacher" but that is NOT a bad thing to do and I applaud him for it. This thread is about "problem posters", after all! I just want the same sauce applied to the goose as to the gander.

Jerseycitysteve
07-14-2006, 23:35
I've just read this thread.

Check out my post on-- http://www.glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=564166

I edited out an inflammatory statement

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by ColoradoGlocker
I hope that you don't think that the Federal 10mm rounds, loaded to their full potential, can only manage 30fps more than their 40s. Federal's numbers come out that way because that is what they were looking for. They load them to be equal to the 40 which is way below their capability. I've got a 180grn load using Power Pistol which gets 1,423fps out of my 6" barrel.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

For the average shooter, the Federal 10mm is about as fast as he/she can control in combat shooting.

I don't think we'll see an HST in 10mm, when the .40 does what a LEO needs.

Your 180gr 10mm load would make an awesome carbine/SMG round! In a hand gun, it's too much for most people.

I trust the preceding is an appropriate post.

variablebinary
08-02-2006, 09:45
Seems odd that someone would complain about 10mm bashing and then make a thread with photos of dead bodies with some odd reference to the 9mm. :freak:

henchmen77
08-04-2006, 21:56
One thing is there needs to be a post by you all on why you are closing post then close it.

2nd is you need to give everyone 3 strikes and let them know before you ban them from the server becuase what can happen is your just banning someone becuase you don't like there post and it my be there first time they were fighting with someone there needs to be a way to track persons.

And every fourm should have a sticky with the posting rules someone shouldn't have to go looking for them.

The easyer you make it for someone to fallow the rules the more they will. No one reads the rules when they sign up.

true believer
08-04-2006, 21:59
Originally posted by henchmen77
One thing is there needs to be a post by you all on why you are closing post then close it.

2nd is you need to give everyone 3 strikes and let them know before you ban them from the server becuase what can happen is your just banning someone becuase you don't like there post and it my be there first time they were fighting with someone there needs to be a way to track persons.

And every fourm should have a sticky with the posting rules someone shouldn't have to go looking for them.

The easyer you make it for someone to fallow the rules the more they will. No one reads the rules when they sign up.

but arn't you supposed to read the rules and agree to them when you sign on to glock talk??
:upeyes:
bob

henchmen77
08-04-2006, 22:03
Yes but most person just click the box without reading them you know that and I know that.

You want things to be smooth? closing a post without posting a reason makes people ask why with good reason so just post in there why it is so we all know. I am not the only person that asks why

And just have a sticky with the posting rules in all forums so people know what there doing wrong makes life easy, and tracking who is doing what wrong makes sure someone does not get banned without just reason.

true believer
08-04-2006, 22:10
Yes but most person just click the box without reading them you know that and I know that.

You want things to be smooth? closing a post without posting a reason makes people ask why with good reason so just post in there why it is so we all know. I am not the only person that asks why

And just have a sticky with the posting rules in all forums so people know what there doing wrong makes life easy, and tracking who is doing what wrong makes sure someone does not get banned without just reason.

Glock Talk > Private Messages > Hey becuase you have no life don't mean miss use the little power you have....

henchmen77

Hey becuase you have no life don't mean miss use the little power you have....
WOW your a big man closing all these post for no reason, nothing like miss using the little power you have.

Thats ok I sent the link to Eric on the post you closed and told him to look into why a post like that with a good link and good read was being closed sure didn't have a reason at all.

Funny how you never close a post when people are mouthing off to someone that posted or calling them names and acting like kids but you close a post with good info.

08-04-2006 11:43 PM

that always makes my day a little easer..
bob

Eddie C.
08-05-2006, 15:26
henchmen77,
Eric, Patricia, and I have asked the Moderators to <i>not give a reason</i> when closing a thread. It only leads to more arguments and problems. Let's say I close a thread and say "It's because henchmen77 called 'Big Mouth' an idiot." Then henchmen77 says "'Big Mouth' called me stupid earlier in another thread".

Then it goes back and forth, back and forth. You have two pages of replies crying about who did what. Let's face it, you want an explanation so you could disagree with it if you don't like the reason.

That's not going to happen. The only ones that'll usually give an explanation is Eric, Patricia, or I. We are Administrators, and if we have something to say, it'll be a warning to a person for bypassing the rules. We are usually telling them they are on thin ice and sliding towards the exit.

Which you are doing henchmen77 if I see anymore PM's like you sent to true believer. Okay?

Eddie C.

henchmen77
08-05-2006, 16:09
Well closing post now does not make up for all the BS I have gone throw and others and I know when I have PMed you all nothing comes of it ton of times, I have had people calling me names and acting like jerks.

true believer

You got that PM from me after closing my post when I asked nice what went on and didn't hear a thing from you. So I PM you ticked off becuase you don't blow people off as a MOD, you guys are here for use so please take the time to respond.

I was not picking a fight just asking becuase I looked at the post and link about shooting throw auto glass and it looks like they were on a Range with RSO officers, shooting a pistol or 3 gun match and the guy was just putting the stuff up there for reading.

And you closed the post there was no one fighting on the post or bad mouthing and seeing from the link it was all done on a range during a match I didn't see any reason to close it.

So I tried to ask nice and all that happens is you close my post and blow me off so I PM you and yea that was the PM you got because I was ticked about you not responding.

Sorry about the PM it was not a nice one so I am saying sorry. But you know what I was really was ticked becuase you blow off someone who is just trying to find out what happen and as a MOD you are work for the people on the server i don't think it to much to give a reason when someone took the time to find out.

Before you never seen a closed post and now there are alot of closed and some are is fighting or name calling and some there are not, and when someone can't see a reason they ask and if you have a justified reason you should be able to tell whoever ask.

true believer
08-05-2006, 16:47
Well closing post now does not make up for all the BS I have gone throw and others and I know when I have PMed you all nothing comes of it ton of times I have had people calling me names and acting like jerks.

And were with the Mods???

besides last night you never once sent me a p.m. ..if some one gives you a hard time send me a p.m. and i'll take care of it..
bob

true believer
08-05-2006, 17:27
Well closing post now does not make up for all the BS I have gone throw and others and I know when I have PMed you all nothing comes of it ton of times, I have had people calling me names and acting like jerks.

true believer

You got that PM from me after closing my post when I asked nice what went on and didn't hear a thing from you. So I PM you ticked off becuase you don't blow people off as a MOD, you guys are here for use so please take the time to respond.

I was not picking a fight just asking becuase I looked at the post and link about shooting throw auto glass and it looks like they were on a Range with RSO officers, shooting a pistol or 3 gun match and the guy was just putting the stuff up there for reading.

And you closed the post there was no one fighting on the post or bad mouthing and seeing from the link it was all done on a range during a match I didn't see any reason to close it.

So I tried to ask nice and all that happens is you close my post and blow me off so I PM you and yea that was the PM you got because I was ticked about you not responding.

Sorry about the PM it was not a nice one so I am saying sorry. But you know what I was really was ticked becuase you blow off someone who is just trying to find out what happen and as a MOD you are work for the people on the server i don't think it to much to give a reason when someone took the time to find out.

Before you never seen a closed post and now there are alot of closed and some are is fighting or name calling and some there are not, and when someone can't see a reason they ask and if you have a justified reason you should be able to tell whoever ask.

:upeyes:
bob

variablebinary
08-06-2006, 11:31
I'll email a mod 4 or 5 names. Just ban them and caliber corner will become as peaceful as grazing cows overnight

:supergrin: :rollsmiley:

10mm4ever
08-07-2006, 08:24
Originally posted by variablebinary
I'll email a mod 4 or 5 names. Just ban them and caliber corner will become as peaceful as grazing cows overnight

:supergrin: :rollsmiley: You cant be serious....:upeyes:

IndyGunFreak
08-09-2006, 01:30

Point out one person who was banned for one rules violation (blatant rules violations excluded). I'd say a vast majority of those warned end up with way more than "3 strikes" prior to getting banned. I've not received any warnings while here, this is just my observation of people who eventually end up banned.

Hell, Cobranx could post some pretty inflammatory things here, and I think he finally stamped his exit pass with his 9mm effectiveness thread. I can only imagine that was the "straw that broke the camels back" so to speak...

As for not reading the rules and "just clicking through" like "most people" isn't an excuse. They are there to be read... This reminds me of a great line from Bill Murray's character in "Groundhog Day"

"People like blood sausage too, people are morons.

IGF

J.P.
08-10-2006, 19:09
WooHoo!
Got my first thread locked in Caliber Corner!

Sorry mods,I was just being facetious.
I didn't intend any harm,I apologize.
JP

freakshow10mm
08-11-2006, 00:23
So this started as a proper (warranted) scolding by an admin for us to play nice and not run with scissors and then it goes on for a few posts about someone bashing, belittling, and harassing a moderator for their actions. Unbelieveable. Truly unbelieveable. I guess I have seen it all now. Complaints should be handled with PMs and should be kept more private then publically calling out a moderator to squabble about why something was done a certain way.

I just don't understand why it seems so hard for some people to follow the rules here. They aren't hard, over-bearing, or intrusive. Don't be here if you don't agree with the rules.

Also realize, most of the mods have lives beyond GT. Mods aren't all nerdballs. They have bills to pay and families to support. That takes priority over everything, even us users on GT. I think it is a bit selfish to think that a moderator has to cater to the individual here. With tens of thousands of users registered it is very hard to keep tabs on everyone.

J. Parker
08-11-2006, 10:38
:goodpost:

J.P.
08-12-2006, 14:58
Originally posted by freakshow10mm
So this started as a proper (warranted) scolding by an admin for us to play nice and not run with scissors and then it goes on for a few posts about someone bashing, belittling, and harassing a moderator for their actions. Unbelieveable. Truly unbelieveable. I guess I have seen it all now. Complaints should be handled with PMs and should be kept more private then publically calling out a moderator to squabble about why something was done a certain way.

I just don't understand why it seems so hard for some people to follow the rules here. They aren't hard, over-bearing, or intrusive. Don't be here if you don't agree with the rules.

Also realize, most of the mods have lives beyond GT. Mods aren't all nerdballs. They have bills to pay and families to support. That takes priority over everything, even us users on GT. I think it is a bit selfish to think that a moderator has to cater to the individual here. With tens of thousands of users registered it is very hard to keep tabs on everyone.

Good post.
As a moderator,I wholeheartedly agree.

DAVE RICHARDS
08-23-2006, 15:19
The good news is that Glock Talk is a great place to exchange ideas and share information. Most of the folks here have been nothing but helpful when I've asked a question or posted. And for the knowledge, concern, and help I've recieved here thank you all.

10mm4ever
08-25-2006, 00:22
Unfortunately, I wont be adding anymore posts here at caliber corner. I didnt think it particularly fair that a thread was locked, and I publicly "scolded" simply because I stated that although I had no use for the 9mm, I could understand why it would appeal to women and recoil sensative people. I felt that I stated that the cartridge held some merit, and didnt point fingers or call names. My daughter,son and wife all do well with the 9mm, not so with the other calibers. So, being "scolded" for a comment that was true, at least from my perspective seems unfair to me. I was even referred to as a "troll" for this comment by another GT member, guess that was just "overlooked". Take care all.:beer:

variablebinary
08-25-2006, 03:05
This place is really shaping up. Good work, mods

;) :rollsmiley: :cool:

10mm4ever
08-25-2006, 06:38
This place is really shaping up. Good work, mods

;) :rollsmiley: :cool: If that were true, you'd have been gone long ago, when you made a comment about treating a poster like a used condom! How'd that "presentation for a bunch of LEO's" go?? Maybe you'd care to tell us more of "high violence factors", "liver busting capabilities" and "the higher maturity level of the 9mm"??:upeyes:

Eddie C.
08-25-2006, 07:32
Unfortunately, I wont be adding anymore posts here at caliber corner. I didnt think it particularly fair that a thread was locked, and I publicly "scolded" simply because I stated that although I had no use for the 9mm, I could understand why it would appeal to women and recoil sensative people. I felt that I stated that the cartridge held some merit, and didnt point fingers or call names. My daughter,son and wife all do well with the 9mm, not so with the other calibers. So, being "scolded" for a comment that was true, at least from my perspective seems unfair to me. I was even referred to as a "troll" for this comment by another GT member, guess that was just "overlooked". Take care all.:beer:

10mm4ever,
You seem to have it out for anyone who has an affinity for the 9mm cartridge. Pat in particular. It's funny, Pat never, ever reports any posts for everyone who jumps on him. I get a bunch of 'reports' from everyone else about people jumping on Pat.

I get 'reports' everyday that say "They're picking on Pat again". Pat has a lot of friends here judging from all the people that report for him. He never does himself. I don't like Pat pushing his agenda either. That's another way of getting flame wars to start. He's also in danger of losing his posting privileges.

You can start flame wars under the guise of handing out supposedly helpful information. Just remember one thing......You cause a lot of work for the Moderators either way, your time here will be over. That goes for Pat and his detractors.

10mm4ever, you keep talking about recoil sensitive, good for women, anyone not manly enough for 10mm......frankly, I am tired of it. It's all intended to get under the skin of anyone who doesn't think the 10mm is the "end all, be all" of cartridges. Cobranx pushed the envelope by saying things that would start flame wars. That's what your remarks are intended to do, whether you want to admit it or not.

That's also what's going to cause your demise on this site if it continues. This isn't just intended for you. It's meant for anyone who keeps going down this road. Right now there are a half dozen regular posters in this forum that have their foot on the trap door.

When I warn someone in a thread it's not only intended for the person that's named, it's meant for everyone who did the same thing in that thread.

10mm4ever, you are welcome to enjoy this site. The rules <i>will be followed</i> though. No exceptions. If that's going to be a problem, then I would lay low for a while. You are one of the ones with their foot on the door.

Eddie C.

variablebinary
08-25-2006, 11:44
If that were true, you'd have been gone long ago, when you made a comment about treating a poster like a used condom! How'd that "presentation for a bunch of LEO's" go?? Maybe you'd care to tell us more of "high violence factors", "liver busting capabilities" and "the higher maturity level of the 9mm"??:upeyes:

No need to lash out at me for thinking the mods are doing a good job.

There are 3 or 4 people that are insulting, rude and generally unpleasant on a regular basis and it is about time they were dealt with. Cobranx was one of them. Hell, there is another guy that does nothing but post stupid photos and barely contributes anything at all.

Needing to be right doesnt have to override the need to be civil. If a few people need to get banned for this to be learned, oh well.

If I am out of line, and I get a warning, then hopefully that is all I need to change my habits. Lashing out at other posters just makes warnings more valid.

Alaskapopo
09-19-2006, 20:18
No need to lash out at me for thinking the mods are doing a good job.

There are 3 or 4 people that are insulting, rude and generally unpleasant on a regular basis and it is about time they were dealt with. Cobranx was one of them. Hell, there is another guy that does nothing but post stupid photos and barely contributes anything at all.

Needing to be right doesnt have to override the need to be civil. If a few people need to get banned for this to be learned, oh well.

If I am out of line, and I get a warning, then hopefully that is all I need to change my habits. Lashing out at other posters just makes warnings more valid.

I have found since I started using the ignore feature with 2 people my stress level has gone down 99%.
Pat

panzer1
09-20-2006, 11:34

And just have a sticky with the posting rules in all forums so people know what there doing wrong makes life easy, and tracking who is doing what wrong makes sure someone does not get banned without just reason. +1

panzer1
09-20-2006, 11:44
Originally posted by freakshow10mm

Also realize, most of the mods have lives beyond GT. Mods aren't all nerdballs. They have bills to pay and families to support. That takes priority over everything, even us users on GT. I think it is a bit selfish to think that a moderator has to cater to the individual here. With tens of thousands of users registered it is very hard to keep tabs on everyone. Well said.

true believer
09-26-2006, 02:48
Originally posted by panzer1
+1

when you signed onto g.t. did you agree to any posting rules? i believe you did..
bob

NY Glock
09-29-2006, 20:40
So,Eddie....
9mm or 45acp?

The .40 SW :rofl:

thejackbull45
10-17-2006, 06:58
Besides the direct insults the biggest thing that steams me are those that refuse to read AND understand a post and attribute meanings that just werent there. Plus there are a few who must do nothing but sit and lurk in the shadows waiting to make a smart alek remark. These are the trouble makers IMHO.

true believer
10-17-2006, 17:20
Originally posted by thejackbull45
Besides the direct insults the biggest thing that steams me are those that refuse to read AND understand a post and attribute meanings that just werent there. Plus there are a few who must do nothing but sit and lurk in the shadows waiting to make a smart alek remark. These are the trouble makers IMHO.

couldn't agree more....:upeyes:
bob

thejackbull45
10-17-2006, 18:16
Originally posted by true believer
couldn't agree more....:upeyes:
bob

Still riding me eh tb.

true believer
10-17-2006, 21:56
Still riding me eh tb.

just stating a fact..truth hurts...
:shocked:

MOHAA Player
10-22-2006, 07:49
Besides the direct insults the biggest thing that steams me are those that refuse to read AND understand a post and attribute meanings that just werent there. Plus there are a few who must do nothing but sit and lurk in the shadows waiting to make a smart alek remark. These are the trouble makers IMHO. I agree with you 100%,and for the record I never found you to start or contribute to any of the certain ones on this board who wait for there moment to throw a fire under the pot.Jack I enjoy reading your input along with some others.
MOHAA

Tactician
12-28-2006, 20:50
Man, I would hate to see anyone get banned. The truth be told, I enjoy hearing people's opinions AND seeing some of the opinions get shot down with cold hard facts.

Alaska Po Po and Mohha don't need outside people adding fire to their debates. I enjoy reading the exchanges and when both of you get real and stick to the facts. It is informative.

I really believe I would love to hang out with both of you!

Anyway, I see Mohha as a "been there done that" person who has lot's of wisdom from his experience and mistakes we can all learn from.

I see AK PoPo as a pretty cool guy "for LE" who has done his home work and has worked hard for the answers we all seek. Is he always right? None of us are, but he tries real hard to come up with all the answers.

When you all make it personal and take jabs at each other, I believe that is where the thin ice appears. You both have old wounds and it is too easy for you all to get started. I have seen each of you take the first jab so no one holds the moral high ground IMHO.

I'm saying this as a peace maker because I would miss you fellers if the ax was to fall.

I believe the frustation stems from the fact that ballistics does not have concrete explanations of what caliber and ammo is best to stop any attacker.

We are lucky that we live in a time where we all have so many choices and would explain why at one time or another we have all become confused or at least misled down the ballistic trail we all travel.

We are all seekers of the perfect gun and load. I want to believe what the data indicates because light and fast is easier to shoot with more capacity. I want to believe I don't have to carry a cannon to get the job done.

The sad truth is, just hold the rounds in your hand and look for yourself. Common sense should tell ourselves something as well. Deep down we know it. We just can't prove it.

Gallium
12-29-2006, 03:29
I think this is my first time posting on this forum. As a rule, I read the rules, the stickies and then as much of pages 1-4 as I can stand, or going back a few weeks.

My second post will be a new thread on some ammo I received...it looks like a disproportionate amount of the ammo is suffering from set back.

'Drew out and about.

:wavey:

luger7
01-07-2007, 13:07
Nice to know somebody is on top of things here...

Cobra64
02-04-2007, 02:49

Quite frankly, I've never understood caliber wars. Nor have I understood religious wars. Or the Fords vs. Chevies arguments. Maybe that's why I drive BMWs.

Cheers!

Blitzer
02-04-2007, 08:01
Originally posted by SD Glock 20 CCW
Footnote:

9, 40,45,10 & 357sig are all great calibers with limitations, as long as we understand those limitations & practice & train any of the above will do it's job & do it with complete & total lethality. We educate ourselves on the limitations as well as the merits of a particular caliber thru this & other forums with intellegent posts & research & PRACTICE. I for one have learned a lot in a short time. Thanks for a great forum Eddie.

Peter

From what I have read the best handgun round is only 80% effective.

Tactician
02-14-2007, 21:50
Originally posted by Tactician
Thread was closed. I thought for the most part, the thread was informative. The debate was heated and one poster got ugly for a second and that should not be excused, but it was a productive thread.

Not that I am owed an explanation or expect an answer, but I am kinda disappointed that a productive thread where 9 out of 10 people were behaving and many respected members were participating got closed.

Not that life is fair, but should one person's remarks, that were only 1% Of their content, shut down an entire thread and deprive many who were behaving and constructively participating?

I'm not taking a shot at the moderator, and sure are not looking to debate this issue, but many should not suffer for the actions of a few.

I hope this. "throw the baby out with the bath water" does not persist. Many people who were warned earlier where behaving really well.

It's not my intent to throw stones, I could understand how moderating caliber wars could get old and patience could wear thin.

I am just bummed because I was learning something and there were some very respected members participating adding to the validity of the discussion.

Please don't take any of these comments as disrespect for this forum.

That is the furthest from my intent.

bayshtyshorty
02-16-2007, 00:06
It seems to me everyone should use the caliber/model that fits them best, depending on what you intend to use it for...i guess it all boils down to how accurate you are with your firearm. I carry a Glock 23, I have no idea as to why i like the .40 caliber but I'm extremely comfy shooting it, and never seem to stray too far. I have other pistols but i always seem to pick up the 23. My girlfriend shoots a 26 and loves it..no matter what make, model, or caliber you shoot...its almost ALWAYS fun killing cardboard isn't it?

Rekced
04-19-2007, 04:56
This place is uber chill. Anyone who gets banned for the way they get upset about their hobby has problems. Chill out, it's supposed to be fun!
:eyebrow:

glock20c10mm
04-21-2007, 17:02
No arguements here. :wavey: :shocked: :thumbsup:

MOHAA Player
05-06-2007, 13:02
One of the biggest things I see on Caliber Corner is certain people will continue to jump into a topic that they have nothing to add and post the same agenda fueled bashing over and over again and then sit back and play the victim to the mods.This is called Troll baiting for you guys that are new to forums.We all know what members do this and always fall into there traps,lets start just telling them ok and wacth how fast they vanish without fuel for there Troll fire.
MOHAA

Alaskapopo
05-06-2007, 13:11
The biggest problem we have are the internet stalkers (Trolls) who follow a poster they don't agree with or who they simply don't like from thread to thread and internet forum to internet forum just to flame him. Those same posters usually never address the original posters question either.
This place has been cleaned up a bit thanks to the moderators. The rest of us just need to act like adults and not act like trolls and internet stalkers.
Pat

Blitzer
05-06-2007, 13:29

It sounds like you are giving orders and not making a request? :upeyes:

And maybe adding a spell checker to your postings might give you a little more authority and credence.

MOHAA Player
05-06-2007, 13:34
Originally posted by Alaskapopo

The rest of us just need to act like adults and not act like trolls and internet stalkers.
Pat :agree: :goodpost: This is the biggest problem on Caliber Corner,it's the keyboard ballistic experts that troll these forums and are relentless with the same post over and over to start a fight.Good point made Pat we need to just act like adults and stop paying them any attention,thank you for some good advice.I just hope the mods see these people for what they really are and deal with them so GT becomes a adult like forum again.
MOHAA

austinguy23
05-07-2007, 03:02
wow

Blast
06-02-2007, 03:20
Originally posted by austinguy23
wow
:agree: :popcorn:

DaveA
07-13-2007, 11:08
Last time I checked, it was free to post here. That means if the people who DO pay for it (the mods and Eric) say cut it out, people should just cut it out because they (the mods and Eric) provide it for us by their own good graces. Some of the arguments are really silly.

texas 48
08-12-2007, 10:25
The biggest problem we have are the internet stalkers (Trolls) who follow a poster they don't agree with or who they simply don't like from thread to thread and internet forum to internet forum just to flame him. Those same posters usually never address the original posters question either.
This place has been cleaned up a bit thanks to the moderators. The rest of us just need to act like adults and not act like trolls and internet stalkers.
Pat
:agree:

J. Parker
09-08-2007, 12:27
Pat

I agree Pat but we ALL have to look in the mirror....myself included.

paper warrior
09-13-2007, 18:47
I don't get why people argue about calibers.... An SJ ESC round from a 9mm can be better than a .40 ball. And a .22lr can still stop an attacker.

J.P.
09-24-2007, 19:55
The level of one-upsmanship on this board is unprecedented.
Also,I really don't understand how grown men can have fits or cry over something so worthless as an internet discussion.
Some people take themselves far too seriously.

Delta-x
11-17-2007, 07:35
Trollish , armchair, ballistic experts should be deported.

mikegun
12-03-2007, 00:40
Ed thanks for taking charge, what kills me is we have people that are very new to guns, let alone caliber differ. which we all were at one time, they want help and advise, and it may seem that their questions are stupid, they are not stupid to the poor guy that6 needs advice, and somefloks will argue with the newbee, and make them feel foolish, this stuff needs to stop,if a guy needs help then help him....thanks mike

shootingbuff
12-08-2007, 11:20
Well no blood no foul eh?

GT is for entertainment - therefore the stress lvl should be low. If any wants to raise their BP then it is more entertainment for me - let it go, if one doesn't want to read it then don't. Of course as long as the content is kept at the wee lads and lasses lvl.

This thread is a great example of stress manangment :rofl:

sb

J. Parker
01-29-2008, 21:43
For some strange reason Calibre Corner is always THE most riotess section on GlockTalk. I dunno. Ego? One upmanship? Hmmmm.:whistling:

Retired Squid
03-22-2008, 06:22
Since I have been a member I have basically stuck with 10mm & rimfire forums and have rather enjoyed the company and info gleamed at this sight. To my knowledge I have never been berated, insulted or done that to anyone here on the forum.

In the past I have left one forum because of overbearing moderators that gave public points and private belittlings when posting in a wrong section, or taking a thread off topic for one semi related question or comment. They did on one occasion even give me points (better word is demerits) when I challanged a moderators rulling in a private message like the PM they sent me telling me what I had done wrong and if I wanted to rebuttle where to rebuttle. I have since had two emails telling me I was missed and to come back, but I took my 40 years experience with that one gun and left and will never return.

That said I have left several because of too much name calling, baiting and general trolling by some members without moderators trying to correct problems.

But here I seem to have found a home even though I do not own a Glock and most likely never will. Unless I break down and buy a little 10 mm G29 for carrying in the car consoul which is rather small and just barely holds my S&W J frame. But to be honest the good people here on the 10 Ring have really got me thinking about buying a G29 this summer for my car gun. I probably would have bought one already if I could just convince myself to spend that much money for a gun that will spend 99.9% of the time stored in the car and seldom shot.

Why seldom shoot you ask? The cost of just reloading is getting hard to handle when even with reloading it cost almost 20 cents to send a round down range. Because of that I have been doing something I have not done in years and that is 22 rimfire shooting. Even bought 2 new rimfires and one used model to plink with at the range.

TwlVoltz
11-19-2008, 09:36
I just found this forum but am on many others some in a moderator position. We have the same issues there as i have read about here. it pretty much comes down to this quote we use over there:

" Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics, even if you win your still retarded. "

Over there we also dont like to ban what we have found is a 7 day ban will most of the time cool them off and if it starts back up there gonefor good . Just an idea i dont know if you have the temp ban option on here.

Retired Squid
11-19-2008, 12:55
" Arguing on the internet is like running in the special olympics, even if you win your still retarded. "
Hahahahaha that I will have to remember. May make it my signature.
:rofl:

Preußen
11-19-2008, 13:09
Hahahahaha that I will have to remember. May make it my signature.
:rofl:
Just make sure you say "you're", and not 'your still ret***' -- basic grammar errors like that make you look foolish when you're trying to look witty :upeyes:

Retired Squid
11-19-2008, 13:29
Just make sure you say "you're", and not 'your still ret***' -- basic grammar errors like that make you look foolish when you're trying to look witty :upeyes:You know I started to comment about it and got a phone call and when I came back I just posted instead of finishing.

Guess I am getting old, I have been doing some really stupid things of late.

TwlVoltz
11-19-2008, 20:42
Just make sure you say "you're", and not 'your still ret***' -- basic grammar errors like that make you look foolish when you're trying to look witty :upeyes:

That was kind of the point......

mikeyglock
06-13-2009, 18:00
People, I had to bail from this forum for a long time because of the lack of common decency and common respect I received on numerous occasions here at Glock Talk. I'm glad that Eddie put the hammer down. This place just started to become a place full of wise***es. We all can learn alot from each other.
Walter Ga got the boot? I used to like that guy.....

Thanks Eddie!
P.S. still shooting the .45 super?

mikey

06-13-2009, 23:16

decibels5
09-20-2009, 09:32
I am a gold member of a auto forum. What they did was open up an argument forum. so if there was a disagreement by trolls, they could go there and argue back and forth.:steamed: Not only was this helpful and kept the boards from filling up with bs, it also provided entertainment.:rofl: Now for the newbies, which I am to this forum. I didnt see an:wavey::wavey: introduction forum or newbie forum yet, Maybe I am missing it. This is a great place to introduce and ask "stupid" questions.:shocked:

Retired Squid
09-20-2009, 09:42
decibels5 VW or MB Shop Forum I hope, if not, :tongueout: and have fun here. Remember there is no such thing as a stupid question if ask in earnest. :cool:

Welcome to the G forum. :welcome:

tbhracing
01-24-2010, 02:56
First posting in this thread for 2010. Good stuff here do far. Thanks Eddie C.

shootingbuff
08-21-2010, 18:58
I thought all was good once WalterGA left.

Guess all i had to do was log on and see the rules thing to understand that there are problem posters on GT and they are not even informative, wise, or funny.

It has grown though. and with growth there will be a higher percentage of problems - possibly real problems now.

I am willing to bet the biggest problems are the uneducated, unwise, up-with their self, those not ready for the big boys and get their feelings hurt crowd.

Basically ones to be ignored or booted. More rules to them are just more rules to break. Maybe they are worth something by keeping the tissue makers making tissue?

Best on your quest to make nice.

sb

SCmasterblaster
09-28-2012, 10:16
Is WalterGA still around, BTW?

gator378
06-16-2013, 15:29

I may have to get some more popcorn and tune in to this thread more often. Getting as good as the Military Chanel.

clarkz71
07-05-2013, 17:31
10mm, isn't that a .40 long?:whistling:

Just kidding, don't have a cow.

I try to be civil, but a troll is a troll, and some are good at what
they do.......cause trouble.

dedron
05-10-2014, 12:20
caliber is something that they can argue, without any issues about being slow/inaccurate becoming part of the debate. Since so few are fast/accurate, you see. :-)