07-03-2006, 08:48
Results (with commentary where appropriate):

Luke Cummo v. Jonathan Goulet - Goulet UD

Jorge Santiago v. Justin Levens - Santiago KO Rd 1

Kris Rothaermal v. Rob McDonald - McDonald Sub. Rd 1

Jon Fitch v. Thiago Alves - Fitch TKO Rd 2

Jason Lambert v. Brandon Lee Hinkle - Lambert TKO Rd 1

Dave Menne v. Josh Koscheck - Koscheck UD
This really surprised me. True, Menne hasn't done anything recently, but he is a former UFC Middleweight Champion.

Mark Hominick v. Jorge Gurgel - Hominick UD
Hominick is definitely a talent. First, submitting Yves Edwards, then beating Gurgel. Watch out for this guy.

Rashad Evans v. Stephan Bonnar - Evans MD (29-28 29-28 29-29)
Evans won this in not so impressive fashion. Bonnar definitely had the technique advantage, but Evans just powered out of his sub attempts and laid on him. He did have Bonnar in some trouble at a couple of points, but overall, a very blah performance.

Main Event
Chris "The Crippler" Leben (15-1-0)

vs.

Anderson "The Spider" Silva (15-4-0)
HOLY SMOKES!!! I expected Silva to win, but I didn't expect him to deconstruct Leben the way he did. Leben has won all of his fights with his granite chin and heavy hands, but he has NEVER faced a striker like Silva. Silva picked him apart with pinpoint strikes from start to finish, which weren't very far apart, Silva beating him in under a minute. With this, Leben falls to 15-2 and Silva is 16-4.

Silva KO Rd 1 (0:49)

sburr23
07-09-2006, 15:49
Leben with a granite chin and heavy hands, what Leben fights have you been watching?

Leben and Nate Quarry both fight with their hands so low, that it was obvious, that the first time they fought a real striker, they would be easily knocked out. They both should have never fought in the UFC, they just don't have the skill level. However, I sure enjoyed watching them both get knocked out.

gr81disp
07-10-2006, 05:53
Did you not see the Cote fight? He got hit with some major bombs and Cote has a brick attached to each wrist. He has a hard chin, as noticed by the fact that Silva had to hit him at least a dozen times to put him away, you can't take that away from him.