Thinking of joining, have some questions. [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Thinking of joining, have some questions.

xtreme99
07-12-2006, 13:56
Ive been thinking about this for two years now. I'm 19 years old. I think it would be a good experience for me in many different ways.

I was just wondering what everyone's general opinion was. Do you regret joining? Was it a worth while experience?

If I join, I'm going to fight. I don't know too much about it, but I was looking through army careers, and I saw Infantryman on there, and I knew that was what I would want to do. I'm also 136 pounds, and skinny as hell. Am I even gonna have a shot at being on the front lines, or are there regulations against that? Basic should bulk me up pretty good right?

Lastly, I have 4 tattoos, 3 of which are on my arms, but nothing that long sleeves wouldnt cover up. I also have one on the back of my leg. Is this going to keep me from joining?

Thanks for any info you can give.

gsr
07-12-2006, 21:58
Your military experience will be what you make it. Attitude is everythig, well, almost. A recruiter will be able to tell you for sure about the tattoos and your weight shouldn't be a problem. It's worse to be too fat.:upeyes: Hopefully, you have avoided drugs and trouble with the law. Some minor things may be wiavered. but anything serious will keep you out.

Sapperstang
07-13-2006, 03:59
Don't worry about the weight thing. I put on weight in basic and alot of people tend to get heavier as they get older. I don't regret my service and would do it again. Sounds like you know what you want to do so go talk to the recruiter. Don't let anyone talk you out of it.

xtreme99
07-13-2006, 10:47
Thanks for the replies. I'll be brutally honest about the drug situation. About 6 months back I tried a hard drug once that I regret. It was just the one time. I used to get high alot in my younger days, but nothing on my record, and nothing worse than that except for the one time. I've got no felonies, never been arrested, and nothing on my record. I know this question is better suited for a recruiter but with that background, should I be ok?

jmshady
07-13-2006, 11:53
Mr extreme I sent you a message.

AK_Stick
07-13-2006, 12:02
Give it a shot, you get what you put in to it.

You can get a waiver for drugs, just be honest with your recruiter. The tatoo's will likely be waivered as well.

And dont worry about your weight, you'll bulk up.