Guard to Army ?? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Guard to Army ??

ArmoredGlock
07-13-2006, 08:11
How easy is it to go from the National Guard to Regular Army? Whould I have to complete my term in the NG before going active duty?

FDC
07-13-2006, 13:11
Originally posted by ArmoredGlock
How easy is it to go from the National Guard to Regular Army? Whould I have to complete my term in the NG before going active duty?

No, but getting released from your Guard unit can be a royal pain in the ass. Especially if your Guard unit is understrength on your MOS/grade. Give a RA recruiter a call in your AO, they'll fill you in on how it works in your state.

KNEESINTHEBREEZ
07-13-2006, 17:17
Shoot me a PM if you'd like to be linked up with an AD recruiter or three.

black rob
07-17-2006, 22:05
Ask them if you can leave the Guard for AD, they should be there to suport you.

A_Swede_17_1911
07-19-2006, 20:40
What you need to do is get a 4187, and a 368, both are DA, forms if I remeber right the 368 might be a DD form I cant remeber off the top of my head.

Im and RA Army recruiter.

So, the easiest way to do this is to contact your Army Recruiting station. Be ready to go to active duty Army, dont waste someones time if you dont have your heart, and mind set on it.

By the way you dont have any law voilations since you have entereded the NG? Excluding minor traffic tickets?
This can keep you from being eligible to enlist in the Army, just talke to a RA recruiter.