A Thank You from a Civilian [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : A Thank You from a Civilian

borntoglock
07-13-2006, 20:01
Dear Marines,

I am a 38 year old father of two who has never served in the military. I just wanted to take time to say thank you to all of you who put yourselves in harms way. I have a 9 year old son who is already asking "How much longer until I can join the Marines". I teach my children to tell every soldier, police officer, and fireman "Thank you for keeping us safe". You sleep in mud so I can sleep in a bed. This may just be a post on a website but for all of you soldiers - thank you. I appreciate your sacrifice and your family's sacrifice and imho we would be a lot better off if our government would allow the Marines to do thier job and then welcome them home properly - with respect and a salute.

Thank you.

A Grateful Husband, Father, and American

jon_in_wv
07-14-2006, 00:22
God Bless You!! So often I hear the media shedding such an aweful light on the military and police, it is so great to hear that someone is raising thier kids right! I hope your boy chooses the Marines. It was the best decision of my life and I have never regretted it. The Corps helped to shape my ideals and gave me a sense of pride I can't imagine living my life without. Ronald Reagan once said, "People often wonder if they have made a difference with thier lives, Marines don't have that problem" Semper Fi.