A Thank You from a Civilian [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : A Thank You from a Civilian

borntoglock
07-14-2006, 06:02
Dear Soldiers,

I am a 38 year old father of two who has never served in the military. I just wanted to take time to say thank you to all of you who put yourselves in harms way. I have a 9 year old son who is already asking "How much longer until I can join the Marines". I teach my children to tell every soldier, police officer, and fireman "Thank you for keeping us safe". You sleep in mud so I can sleep in a bed. This may just be a post on a website but for all of you soldiers - thank you. I appreciate your sacrifice and your family's sacrifice and imho we would be a lot better off if our government would allow the soldiers to do thier job and then welcome them home properly - with respect and a salute.

Thank you.

A Grateful Husband, Father, and American

Central Texan
07-15-2006, 21:59
Originally posted by borntoglock
This may just be a post on a website but for all of you soldiers - thank you.

Maybe to some people, but to us it's so much more. Those two words mean more and say more than their face value.

So Your Welcome, and Thank YOU.

Shake your son's hand for me.

Glock_36
07-16-2006, 17:21
My Heartfelt Thank You goes out to All of the Men and Women Who Serve so that We can BE The United States of America.
I never served in the Army either.
My youngest Son is in BCT @ Fort Jackson, SC. right now.
I Am a Very Proud Father.
John

major
07-19-2006, 08:49
Originally posted by borntoglock
Dear Soldiers,

I am a 38 year old father of two who has never served in the military. I just wanted to take time to say thank you to all of you who put yourselves in harms way. I have a 9 year old son who is already asking "How much longer until I can join the Marines". I teach my children to tell every soldier, police officer, and fireman "Thank you for keeping us safe". You sleep in mud so I can sleep in a bed. This may just be a post on a website but for all of you soldiers - thank you. I appreciate your sacrifice and your family's sacrifice and imho we would be a lot better off if our government would allow the soldiers to do thier job and then welcome them home properly - with respect and a salute.

Thank you.

A Grateful Husband, Father, and American

+1. I never served either but cannot express in words how much I appreciate what America's armed forces have done, and will always do, for us.

td.trmntr
07-19-2006, 09:51
You're very welcome. It sure beats being called a baby-killer by all the BHL jerks of this world. I like to think we made a difference serving our country and people like you.

God Bless