Ears Open, Eyeballs Click [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ears Open, Eyeballs Click

semperfiostoj
07-17-2006, 08:36
http://www.canaanbrumley.com/shortpreview.html

Has anybody seen/bought this? It sounds pretty good; just straight footage of recruit training with no narrative. I wanted to make sure before I dropped $25 plus shipping on it.

"OPEN YOUR FREAKING MOUTH!" :supergrin:

wawaverider
07-29-2006, 15:35
Looks damn good. Isn't it funny how much you hated boot camp at the time, but look back at it with the fondest of memories. . . . . . good times

MCSGT
08-11-2006, 08:03
Yeah I just heard about this movie....I've already checked E-bay and Amazon for this DVD but no luck. I think I'll just have to fork out the full price. If anyone has seen it please let me know if it is worth it.

jwilson51
08-12-2006, 20:32
Yes, I have seen it. I just got done living it as well at Parris Island. As far as showing an unedited, raw footage of boot camp it gets the job done. It was filmed at San Diego and I thought it was a top notch documentary.

MCSGT
08-21-2006, 06:53
Ok so I got the movie in the mail the other day and watched it... I enjoyed it. It's definately not the toned down sissy crap you would see on the discovery channel. Some of the scenes kinda skim through what is going on (i.e. the rifle range) Over all it was an interesting film. I still think it was toned down a little bit...probably because the D.I.'s didn't want to be caught on tape jerking a knot in a recruit.

F350
09-12-2006, 14:41
Damned now I feel old....when I went through we were wearing the "pickel suits", to think those digitals are 2 uniform generations from what I got that dark night, long ago at MCRD San Diego. I'll bet you can't even find a starching block (or anyone that knows what it is) anymore or the feeling of "breaking starch". Stop me before I say "Old Corps":tongueout:

henerd
09-24-2006, 09:45
I caught it on the Documentary Channel three nights ago and I've watched it three times so far. I went through in '87 and, after watching other boot camp programs on Discovery Channel I thought that the Corps had watered down recruit training way too much.

This movie gets it right and blows that PC Discovery Channel crap out of the water.

I think this movie is phenomenal and, in the long run, will be good for the Marine Corps. Challenge is what young men want and need. This film proves the Marines still hand those things out in spades.

Ignition
09-28-2006, 19:01
got to watch this movie the other night. my gunny gave me a copy on loan to watch.

hehehe talk about some memories.

JasonC8301
10-29-2006, 21:26
What happened to rifle range, a-line, the crucible???

Someone find that guy that filmed it and add him to the every hour pit crew till graduation group.

inkslut
11-06-2006, 14:58
I actually have the whole movie and also have it ripped to DIVX. :tongueout:

It is really good.