Fish I have known, and loved.... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Fish I have known, and loved....

THEPOPE
07-18-2006, 22:37
Some feeesh I have caught, and released, over the last coupla seasons.

Check the channal cat, hit a Senko, Texas rigged worm, ON THE SURFACE...came out from under a lilly pad, just as the lure cleared the top. Out of the water, grabbed and ran...

imout :cool:

THEPOPE
07-18-2006, 22:38
`nuther.

THEPOPE
07-18-2006, 22:42
can you stand one more?

noway
07-19-2006, 07:28
Cool looking fish, what's the last one PIke ?? I used theose senko worms before but never caught any worth posting about.

THEPOPE
07-19-2006, 15:55
That last one, thogh not a good pic, is a musky, caught while bass fishin` with a " jig-n-pig " combo, 17 lb. line, flourocarbon transition, heavy rod. It was 44 inches long, took me 35 minutes to revive that fish, and it lived.

Senko`s used to be my favorite lure, now I use them, also, but prefer to fish spinner-baits, and of course, never without a Jig and Pig on that rod. With the Jig, I catch everything from large bass, to, obviously, muskies, and bow-fins.

nyredneck
07-21-2006, 21:11
Originally posted by THEPOPE
That last one, thogh not a good pic, is a musky, caught while bass fishin` with a " jig-n-pig " combo, 17 lb. line, flourocarbon transition, heavy rod. It was 44 inches long, took me 35 minutes to revive that fish, and it lived.

Hey TP that was an awesome fish! However I believe that Noway was right and that is a (HUGE ) Northern Pike.:)

nipperwolf
07-22-2006, 03:33
It's a northern pike.

Razoreye
07-28-2006, 11:10
Nice bass, man. I can only catch smaller ones but I haven't had time to hone my fishing skills.

That looks to be a really large Pike or small Muskie. I'm going to have to agree and say that is a Pike. Where you using a steel lead? Me and a friend have both caught one without any leads.

THEPOPE
07-28-2006, 23:30
lol, NOT a pike, men, three others, all muskie fishermen, confirmed, muskie.....I have anothe pic of it`s head, I`ll put on, soon.

No sir, no leader at all, straight 17 lb line that day, hooked it in corner of the mouth, teeth didn`t rake across the line at all, still, lucky the knot held.

Just before that hit, I had , I believe , the same fish bit off a jig exactly like that one, I re-tied quickly, I am very quick, and he hit again, second cast to same spot.

Keep up the bass fishing, Razoreye, you`ll sometime get into a HUGE bass, the fish of a life-time, you`ll be hooked...mwaaaaaaaaahaaaaahaaaaaaaaa mwaaaaaa....

imout and going shooting then bass fishing Sat. AND Sunday....

:cool:

what_stanger?
07-29-2006, 08:20
its a nice fish.
but its a pike.

not a tiger muskie even....a pure bred northern pike.

what_stanger?
07-29-2006, 08:23
notice the horizontal lines on your northern pike.
muskie have vertical lines, and are almost NEVER that color.
http://dnr.wi.gov/org/water/fhp/fish/musky/images/musky_northernpike_differences.gif

and this is from the wisconsin department of natural resources.

nipperwolf
07-30-2006, 09:36
lol, NOT a pike, men, three others, all muskie fishermen, confirmed, muskie

I hope those three weren't guides who took your money, because they're wrong.

this is a pike;

http://images.dnr.state.mn.us/natural_resources/animals/fish/northern_pike_400.jpg

this is a muskie

http://images.dnr.state.mn.us/natural_resources/animals/fish/muskellunge_400.jpg

btw, we commend you for taking all that time to revive it. :thumbsup:

what_stanger?
07-30-2006, 12:27
i think pike look cooler anyway, but a muskie IS the fish of 10,000 casts right?

Razoreye
07-30-2006, 21:07
lol, NOT a pike, men, three others, all muskie fishermen, confirmed, muskie.....I have anothe pic of it`s head, I`ll put on, soon.

No sir, no leader at all, straight 17 lb line that day, hooked it in corner of the mouth, teeth didn`t rake across the line at all, still, lucky the knot held.

Just before that hit, I had , I believe , the same fish bit off a jig exactly like that one, I re-tied quickly, I am very quick, and he hit again, second cast to same spot.

Keep up the bass fishing, Razoreye, you`ll sometime get into a HUGE bass, the fish of a life-time, you`ll be hooked...mwaaaaaaaaahaaaaahaaaaaaaaa mwaaaaaa....

imout and going shooting then bass fishing Sat. AND Sunday....

:supergrin:

(P.S.- My uncle is an avid muskie fisherman. WI, MI, Canada, everywhere he can. To me that still looks like a Pike but I'm no expert there. Y'all can hash this one out.

P.S.S. - Can you post a pic of just the jig setup? Thanks. :cool: )

Poppa Bear
07-30-2006, 21:16
A walleye from this last weekend. 5 1/2 lbs and 25 1/2" long.

THEPOPE
07-30-2006, 22:12
Thanks, Nipperwolf, that kinda clears it up for me....no, not guides, just merely fishermen who came over to see the commotion was about. The fella holding it up, was a stranger who helped, because I couldn`t handle the rod and grab it at the same time.

It was a monster pike, I guess, I like that better anyway, because on 17 lb. line, that brute truly was near record for the line used,I`m gonna look up Indiana`s record for pike later,
if it woulda turned out to be a muskie, it was a mediocre sized one,
many are caught `round there much bigger than that.

Nice walleye, dude. Damn good eating, too....

Today, I shot well, fished poorly, caught one that was of quality size, a 3.5 lb bass. Fun, nevertheless.

imout

Razoreye
07-31-2006, 13:38
Pope, that's an impressive Pike. I'd claim it as such rather than a muskie. :cool:

THEPOPE
07-31-2006, 21:03
Originally posted by Razoreye
Pope, that's an impressive Pike. I'd claim it as such rather than a muskie. :cool:

lol, my thinking, exactly ! better a HUGE pike , than a smallish muskie......BTW, my brother-in-law, who is an avid outdoors-man and incredibly good fisherman, in his own right, has two pike, mounted over his fire place, been there for many years, damn, ever since I was 12 or so, impressive size, MINE WAS MUCH BIGGER, and I just e-mailed him my pics of that one...heeheeheeee.the noob.

Imout sir :cool:

alphacat
08-04-2006, 14:50
Pope, You catch that pike on Wawasee?

topcat1

THEPOPE
08-04-2006, 21:12
Originally posted by topcat1
Pope, You catch that pike on Wawasee?

topcat1

Hey, topcat....your " location ' is intriguing, on the slab? You have me scratching my head, dude....lol

Not far from Wawasee, I caught that fish, and many bass, on a lake in the Tri-County Wildlife Reserve, where a fellow told me, while I was reeling it in, that there are NO fish like that in THIS lake...lol...Good to hear from an F.T.er .

Taking the ball-n-chain...er.....wife fishing tomorrow, on the same lake. I will out-fish her, no matter what she may tell you.

imout

what_stanger?
08-05-2006, 01:05
Nice wally.

pope- I've got pike on pig 'n jigs too, weird eh?
i thought that was a bass bait.

alphacat
08-05-2006, 13:22
"On the slab" is just my reference to the slab my house sits on.
We always lived in houses with basements before this house.

I'm across from Wallen Complex. Play Ball!

Good luck with the fishing.

THEPOPE
08-05-2006, 22:13
LOL, Topcat1, I work just a spit from where you live, eat at Jags often, until last week, when they started to open at 3 pm instead of 11 am.....lol.....

I live " on the slab " also, then....thanks for the explanation, I`ve always had a basement, for 45 years, then I moved into an addition, all slabs.....( you see, I thought maybe you were referring to the coroners` " slab " , lol...)

What_stranger? , the jig-n-pig resembles a crawfish, when fished on bottom, and with a bright colored " pig ", they resemble baitfish when used as a swimming type retrieve.

The weirdest thing, was the channal catfish that took a " Senko '
bait, on the surface, as it was being retrieved over lilly pads, it came out of the water to nail that one.

Good luck, all,I am going shooting Sunday, fishin` Sunday afternoon.

imout

alphacat
08-06-2006, 12:40
Yep, next block down.

No more lunch served, that's a shame, I heard it was a good place to eat.

My Sis-in-law and her golfing pals go there all the time.

THEPOPE
08-06-2006, 21:09
Razoreye, here`s the pic of the venerable "jig-n-pig. I use, I also modify this jig, out of the pack, by cutting the skirt shorter, and cutting the weed-guard shorter. Then I "splay" the weed-guard with my thumb, to spread it out.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f87/THEPOPE1954/ricpics312.jpg

Imout :cool:

THEPOPE
08-06-2006, 21:14
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f87/THEPOPE1954/ricpics316.jpg

This was the last bass I caught, just today, about 4-5 lbs.

What`s that in it`s mouth? What could it be? Is it?

YES ! A jig-n-pig, that`s what.....lol....

I caught 20 bass today, this was the largest, and the last stop as I was heading in to dock, stopped at the point, threw a coupla casts, came up with the " fish of the day ".

Imout :cool:

THEPOPE
08-06-2006, 21:14
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f87/THEPOPE1954/ricpics317.jpg

yungie
08-06-2006, 21:46
Here's a tasty one from last year.
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h155/yung1d/55inches45lbs.jpg

THEPOPE
08-06-2006, 21:49
Originally posted by yungie
Here's a tasty one from last year.
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h155/yung1d/55inches45lbs.jpg

Dude, what is that? Nice.

yungie
08-06-2006, 22:06
It's a White Sturgeon, IMO the best tasting fish out there!!!
They can get pretty big, some say up to 2o+feet! Here's a 10 footer at the Bonneville Dam
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h155/yung1d/Sturgeon13.jpg

And a pic for scale of the window
http://i63.photobucket.com/albums/h155/yung1d/Sturgeontank.jpg

It's hard to imagine these things start out as small as tadpoles!

Razoreye
08-07-2006, 11:08
Razoreye, here`s the pic of the venerable "jig-n-pig. I use, I also modify this jig, out of the pack, by cutting the skirt shorter, and cutting the weed-guard shorter. Then I "splay" the weed-guard with my thumb, to spread it out.

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f87/THEPOPE1954/ricpics312.jpg

Imout :cool: Dude, you rock. I was doing a little research and the common conclusion is use pork type baits in the colder months and use the plastics like you've got on for the warmer months. I'm definitely going to give it a shot. Do you have any retrieving techniques? Cast, let it go to the bottom, and shoot-n-scoot along the bottom?

THEPOPE
08-07-2006, 20:22
Yessir, Razoreye, your research seems to be right on, MOST of the time, however, there are no true " set in stone " rules for jig-n-pig. I`ve caught fish, big fish, when the common knowledge says no way a large fish should hit .

One thing to remember, truly BIG bass are loners, mostly, they don`t play by the rules, they act differently than their smaller counter -parts , they usually won`t do much chasing of baits, they would rather wait for a bait to come to them, or they will exploit the acts of smaller fish that injure bait, the big girls will eat the injured bait. They don`t want to expend energy to kill, that takes effort. They also will take the biggest bait they can find, larger meals means less energy expended.

Whenever I roll up upon a truly large bass, she doesn`t flash away in a bolt, rather, she lazily wanders off, un afraid, no hurry to leave, she knows you are there, and doesn`t care, won`t bite, either though.

Sorry for the long text, you have me talking bass, here, I am as passionate about my fishing as I am about my shooting. lol

Now to "jig-n-pig" - ing.

I will use a "palimar" knot, very strong, very easy to tie, won`t slip. Almost any line manufactureer web site will have examples of knots. It`s easy to learn, too.

I am partial to the 5/16 oz. size jigs, Stanley Rattlin` style jigs.

I cast, or under hand sling my jig towards the weedline, or an edge, be it weeds rock or timber. Then, on loose line, let it sink freely, watching the line for signs of a pick-up while it sinks.

IF it reaches bottom, I tighten up my line to feel the jig`s weight, and short-hop it, or kind of wiggle it in place for a second, then leave it sit for a couple of secs, hop it again, or wiggle it again, repeat. If it`s hung in the weeds, I`ll jerk it loose, let it settle, repeat, feeling all the time for a sign of a pick up.

Sometimes you feel a bite as merely weight, sometimes it`s a tell tale " bump", sometimes the line just heads in a direction you know it can`t go on it`s own, in any of these scenes, SET THE HOOK HARD, then....SET IT AGAIN, HARDER.

First time this produces a bass, you`ll know what jig fishing is all about. lol...

Don`t give up, it took me a while to get the feel for this kind of fishing, not an over-night thing. The fish this method catches are typically larger than other ways to catch `em. For me, it`s as exciting as top water fishing.

Good luck, hope this gets you started well.

Razoreye
08-08-2006, 14:16
That's what we're here for - to help each other fish! (among other topics.)

I just bought a 3/8 jig and some trailer (does salt injected matter?) I also got a 3/16 jig with a trailer already attached. I think I'll try them out tonight at a local pond. :cool: I'll tell you if I get anything. (Unfortunately, this pond is very large and I have no boat so it is all shore fishing for me. I can find some good spots provided other people aren't around!)

THEPOPE
08-08-2006, 16:15
Yessir, Razoreye, salt is a big + 1 . Don`t taste it though, I did that, y`know, testing, trust me on this, don`t do it....

Keep me " posted ", dude, and good luck to you....

oi mout :cool:

Razoreye
08-08-2006, 20:47
Yessir, Razoreye, salt is a big + 1 . Don`t taste it though, I did that, y`know, testing, trust me on this, don`t do it....

Keep me " posted ", dude, and good luck to you....

oi mout :cool: Well, I decided to use just the smaller one (don't know if it was salted or not.) It had a crawdad trailer, rattle, and skirt. I'd cast it out and let it sink and sit for a few seconds. Then I'd reel for a split second and stop and keep doing this until I retrieved it. I'm not sure if I was doing this right. I also tried jerking real quick to see if the bait hops for short distances. I tried both methods for 2 hours in different spots. When I "hopped" the bait I also used a random directional pull and the pause intervals I tried to keep random. I also tried putting them into patterns to see if that would induce a strike.

All in all, I caught nothing, felt nothing. I'm not sure on how to "hop" the bait or if I did it right. I am curious on how long the retrieve should take and how long to wait between "hops."

Thanks!

(P.S. - I don't know what this pond is stocked with but it at least has panfish. I saw 7-8 large splashes that would indicate a fairly good size fish, maybe even bass. I'm going to try out a lake sometime this week so I'll experiment again.)

THEPOPE
08-08-2006, 22:48
I believe you are doing it fine, sir, just feel it out, get a feel for how it acts in the water.

Try to feel the bottom features, rocks, weeds, wood, etc...slowly hop or move it along, twitching, sitting, then wiggling again. The heavier the jig, the better you can feel it move, and the heavier the jig, the better feel in deeper water, it`s a judgement thing on how much you need to feel.

Think of how a craw-fish swims.....and moves....ever see them scurrying about? They will swim up, sometimes, then fall back to bottom. they will swim along the bottom, too, in short bursts of moderate speed, then sit, for periods of, y`know, several seconds, to a minute.

This kind of jigging can be slow, and often boring to some, but can pay off big time.

Bass will often swallow this bait as it falls, the fall rate is determined by the weight of the jig-head in combination with the trailer bait.

In musky or muddy water the rattle becomes of paramount import, as this tells the dish where it is, they hone in on it, then sight takes over.

Hope this helps, and don`t give up, use it at least once every trip you are on water. Practice makes perfect.

imout , good luck. :cool:

Razoreye
08-09-2006, 20:35
I tried it for quite a while. Like I said, I don't even know what the thing is stocked with.

Anyways, I tried as best as I could to act like a crayfish without any luck. Maybe next time. I definitely could "feel" the bottom.

The one thing I'm confused on is when I know I got something. I did watch that line carefully but I'm so used to a strike, this sneak off with the bait thing will be new when it happens. I'm sure I'll know it when I see it, just something new to me.

THEPOPE
08-09-2006, 22:31
Yessir, many times, depending on their activity level that day, you won`t " feel ' the pick-up, especially if they hit when the bait is falling, believe me, they can suck that thing up faster than it can fall. MOST times when they do it, the line will move in a sideways direction, most likely towards deeper water, take up the slack line, and SET the hook HARD.

Some times, you will feel the bite, as a " bump" to the lure, similar to when they pick up live bait, or a rubber worm, a
" tick ", if you will. Especially when on the bottom, you may feel this bump. Again, SET the hook Hard .

Takes a while to acquire a touch for when the bite happens, but they won`t hang on for very long, so react, it doesn`t cost a dime to set the hook on nothing....

imout, good luck :cool:

THEPOPE
08-18-2006, 23:16
Last week, and this, I went to a man -made lake nearby, and caught my first smallmouth bass....wooooooooooo hoooooooooo....a new obsession...

They are some of the hardiest fighters in water, pound for pound...
what a thrill....caught `em on, of all things, jig-n-pigs.

I will go back for more of that action, soon, very addicting and satisfying to finally be "one ' with a worthy adversary like the small mouth.....

I would post some pics, but the wife took them, and I am bare chested, not a pretty sight, in anyone`s book...soooo, I`ll get some pics up eventually.

nipperwolf
08-19-2006, 05:31
They are some of the hardiest fighters in water, pound for pound...
what a thrill

did someone say smallmouth???

:drool: :drool: :drool:

nipperwolf
08-19-2006, 05:35
....a new obsession...

an old obsession for me.....

wait until you catch a river smallmouth. they're even stronger.;)

noway
08-19-2006, 06:04
Wait till you come to SE florida or SOUTH america and catch a Peacock bass, lb for lb more of a fighter than a Large and heck even a small mouth bass ;)

http://floridapeacockbassfishing.com/

what_stanger?
08-19-2006, 12:42
nice smallies!

I love a great river smallie!!!!

THEPOPE
08-19-2006, 22:43
Yessir, Nipperwolf, I`ve tried before, got skunked, tried again and again, skunk el stinko .....

This time I went in my small, two person bass mini boat, SCORE !!!

Not once, not twice, but 4 times....not huge, but damn decent fish.

The Mrs. Pope also finally, just yesterday got one, a nice one, too....

Bass fishing, anothe passion of mine, now add small mouth bass to the growing obsessions I have...no need for drugs or alcohol....

Nipperwolf, I see you are a Hoosier, where do you small mouth fish?

just curious, I`ll undewrstand if you decline to give away particulars, sir. I`ve tried Pigeon River, in Orland, Steuben County, no luck, yet...

Noway, I would love to get to do peacock fishing, also a dream....
they rock no kidding....

One other fish, when I go to Fla. would be rather small tarpon, fit for bass gear, jumpers, man...

This is a new beginning....I will be Bach....

imout

StockGlock23
08-20-2006, 01:16
I too am from Indiana. I fish alot on Lake Maxincukee in Culver in the spring. Lately I have been fishing with my dad on the St. Joe river in Mishawaka. My best smallie ever there was 3.5 pounds and my dad's best largmouth was a shade over 5 pounds. We are doing great on the typical soft plastics. I have done ok using topwaters and a modified drop shot rig. One Monday about 2 weeks ago me and pops caught 8 "keepers" (over 14 inches) plus numerous short smallies. I have a rig that I devised that seems to work great in slow rolling current that aside from my dad will not ever be seen in public. We weekend tournament fish and it has done great for us in practice now we just need to try it out for a little cash.

Razoreye
08-20-2006, 12:25
I'm jealous. :shocked: What I need is a boat. Very nice fish, fellas! :cool:

nipperwolf
08-21-2006, 17:11
Nipperwolf, I see you are a Hoosier, where do you small mouth fish?

just curious, I`ll undewrstand if you decline to give away particulars, sir. I`ve tried Pigeon River, in Orland, Steuben County, no luck, yet...

for smallmouth, its the Tippecanoe river (when theres enough water in it);) I fish the tail end of it between Monticello and Lafayette.

THEPOPE
08-24-2006, 22:08
http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f87/THEPOPE1954/ricpics351.jpg

Guess what? Jig-n-pig, inside the 8lb bass I caught two days ago, right after a couple of guys in a bass boat left the area,...empty handed....

THEPOPE
08-24-2006, 22:11
The full pic of the 8 lb bass I caught and released.....caught a 5 lb, and three 4 lb and a couple of 2.5-3 lb fish on the same jig, in the same area, only about 30 feet or so apart.....

JIGS ROCK...

Ime outte :cool:http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f87/THEPOPE1954/ricpics349.jpg

THEPOPE
08-24-2006, 22:14
Mrs. Pope`s big bass, earlier in the week.....does she look frightened? she is !!!!!

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f87/THEPOPE1954/ricpics336.jpg

THEPOPE
08-24-2006, 22:18
I know I`m gonna regret this, but......I`m soooo proud of my first ever smallmouth bass......yikes, I fish naked....I live dangerously,
yeah.....http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f87/THEPOPE1954/ricpics319.jpg

THEPOPE
09-03-2006, 23:23
Up-date....yesterday, I fished for smallmouth again....caught a 3 lb.er......only one of two on that trip....the wind was killing me...30 mph....couldn`t control my tiny boat...hadda quit after just 2 hours.

Also, caught another near 8 lb. largemouth...second one in two weeks...same lake, different areas of said lake...same bait, jig-n-pig.....

ime out n stuff...

Razoreye
09-05-2006, 21:50
I was going to say maybe we could meet up since you're in Indiana but that is way up there. Too bad, I need help on my jiggin'! :sad: :)

THEPOPE
09-09-2006, 19:16
Yeah, we ain`t far apart, but far enough it would be tough....lol

If or I should say when, I get your way, I would love to meet up, at a range or a pond, or lake, or BAR....we could definately discuss jiggin` techniques, you could give me shootin` lesson, I could give
jiggin` lesson....win, win.....

BTW , I caught an even bigger smallmouth last weekend, only got 3 fish, one was a damn nice smally.....ON A JIG !

Keep trying it out when you can, eventually the odds are in your favor to catch a jig fish.

My wife, who never fishes jigs, FINALLY got one....lol...and now, she asks me for a jig settup, truly a milestone from a woman who fishes live bait, mostly....

Take care, and good luck, sir...

I`m Out

;)

Razoreye
09-10-2006, 11:32
I need to go fishing again. I need a boat too. Shore fishing limits the possiblities.

It's a deal! I am not a good shooter by any means but we can have fun regardless. :thumbsup:

THEPOPE
09-25-2006, 20:50
Hey, Razoreye, and all who may be interested:

http://www.basshunter.com

http://www.hobiecat.com

http://protatch.com

I hope these links work, if so, check these out, small craft, mostly affordable, great for small waters, some can take small out-boards, too....

Ime out ;)

THEPOPE
10-06-2006, 22:10
Bumpetty bump....for a new fisherman to find...

Ime out

alphacat
10-10-2006, 12:45
:offtopic:

Pope

What happened to the lunch menu at that place where you worked?

Nice fish by the way.

THEPOPE
10-12-2006, 22:16
Hello, Alphacat, nice to see a fellow "Forter"....

Do you know me? Do I know you? Where from?

I`m sorry, I don`t get the referrence, yet, I`m old and dense, please, fill me in.....now I`m curious as hell....

Lunch menue? I don`t nor ever have worked at a restaraunt....

Gimme another hint, man......Do we shoot at the same range?

Eat at the same places? C`mon...give it out....lol...

I`m out ;)

alphacat
10-12-2006, 23:53
Nope, My mistake. I thought you said you worked at Jegs.

No we don't know each other anywhere but on this forum.

Catch you out on the water sometime..

alphacat formally known as topcat1

THEPOPE
10-13-2006, 16:36
Coolio, dude, I don`t work there, but I used to eat there frequently, as I work nearby......Jag`s, right?

They quit the lunch business, so I can`t go at noon any more, bummer....

On a past post, elsewhere, didn`t you mention Wallen baseball?

Ime out, :supergrin:

THEPOPE
11-25-2006, 20:35
Went fishing today, Nov 25, temp = 54 degrees F. water temp, at surface = only about mid 40`s, we have had crappy, near freezing temps every nighttime since Oct.

Today, possibly my last, `til spring......

Caught 17 bass, all nice ones, two went between 6 - 7.5 pounds.....YIKES.....they were still biting when I left, it got damn cold...FAST....sun went behind the trees, and temp dropped like my I.Q. in front of a pretty girl.....

Northeastern Indiana sux for bass fishing this late in the year, except today....lol....

I`m out ;)

Razoreye
11-26-2006, 23:37
Nice. It's been 60ish around here the last couple of days and I hadn't even thought to go fishing. The water temperature may be too low but dangit, I missed out. I have been working evenings for the past week so I still couldn't have gone if I wanted to. Nice job.

(I shot my AR today and did a little paintballin'.) :supergrin:

citori59
11-27-2006, 04:55
I mostly fish for channel cats on the Allegheny River outside Kittaning PA or bullheads on the Juniata River outside Huntingdon PA. But I guess my favorite fishing is up on Lake Erie trolling for Walleye. My biggest up there was 6 pound 33 incher and that's not even close to the biggest caught that day. I like fishing better than hunting.