My buddy can't get in...? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : My buddy can't get in...?

Lethal_Inj
07-24-2006, 20:39
My buddy, glocktalk username "GlockTwoSix", is a new glocker and he can't post it says "Your IP address is banned..." Can anyone help him out... He's trying emailing site admin with no response...

Thanks...

Greg-Dawg
07-24-2006, 20:42
Just come up with another name. Or the dude probably is banned...tell him to change is info also.

Glocks&Ducs
07-24-2006, 21:10
Why don't you send admin an e-mail or PM on his behalf?

Carver
07-24-2006, 21:11
I was a total active member many years back.. I moved and was out for a few years,..and then could not get back on... same message. 'banned IP.' So frustrating... all my correspondance went unanswered,.. so, i became Carver (my automotive forums handle) instead of Ironballs (my fireams handle)

mapwd1702
07-24-2006, 23:42
I just went through the same exact thing. I just bought my first Glock and wanted to join. I clicked "register" and it said "sorry, the administrator has banned your IP address." Never even had a chance to try and pick a user name. I emailed the administrator 3 times and got no reponse at all. Then one day I clicked register and I was able to join. Just tell him to keep using the email address provided in the "banned" message and he should be able to get in eventially

Beeman
07-25-2006, 02:58
Originally posted by mapwd1702
I just went through the same exact thing. I just bought my first Glock and wanted to join. I clicked "register" and it said "sorry, the administrator has banned your IP address." Never even had a chance to try and pick a user name. I emailed the administrator 3 times and got no reponse at all. Then one day I clicked register and I was able to join. Just tell him to keep using the email address provided in the "banned" message and he should be able to get in eventially

I kept having the same problem when I first tried to join. I guess you just have to keep trying.

Usingmyrights
07-25-2006, 08:30
My wife has been trying to get on with no luck. She's tried emailing Eric and I've tried PMing him with no answer. I know he's busy but it'd be nice if she could register. I mean I'm not that bad am I that he won't let my ole lady register. Maybe she'll use Mrs UMR as a username if she can get on.

DeeZee
07-25-2006, 14:54
I too had that message.....

Then a few days later BAM, it let me register...keep at it and your friend will get in.

gwhuntr
07-25-2006, 15:04
Those of you having prob's are you using AOL?
There was something going on a while back that would not let AOLer's in.
I suggest to contact Eric.

mapwd1702
07-25-2006, 18:09
I am not using AOL and had the same issues. I am on DSL with SBC.

Eddie C.
07-25-2006, 19:56
I just fixed GlockTwoSix's account. He was sent an email and he should of clicked on the link to finish his registration. It seemed as though he never did. His account was still in que awaiting his confirmation. I went ahead and bypassed that. He is now able to logon and post.

If anyone has issues with their account you must contact an Administrator by email or PM.

Thanks,
Eddie C.