Firefox favorites help [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Firefox favorites help

Clyde in CO
07-30-2006, 13:09
Is there a way to move folders of favorites from one profile of firefox to another?

thanks for the help

end of line

IndyGunFreak
07-30-2006, 14:52
Just guessing, as I don't use Firefox under profiles, but it seems this should work.

Open Firefox with the profile that has the Bookmarks you want. Click Bookmarks, Export, and export the html file to your desktop. Close that Firefox profile.

Open Firefox under the New profile, Click File Import, and import the html file you just saved to your desktop to the new profile.

If you're only wanting to export 1 or 2 Folders, I'm not sure that can be done. I just poked around for a few minutes, tried Cut/Paste, Copy/Paste, etc. It doesn't appear you can export only 1 or 2 folders.

IGF

Clyde in CO
07-30-2006, 17:40
thanks for the imput.

I figured it out.

I did just want to move a couple of folders.

The way it was done was I opened one profile then opened the bookmarks.html file for the other profile in the browser window.

Dragged and dropped the links I wasnted to keep to the bookmarks folder.... viola~

IndyGunFreak
07-30-2006, 19:01
Originally posted by Clyde in CO
thanks for the imput.

I figured it out.

I did just want to move a couple of folders.

The way it was done was I opened one profile then opened the bookmarks.html file for the other profile in the browser window.

Dragged and dropped the links I wasnted to keep to the bookmarks folder.... viola~

Makes sense, never even thought of that....

IGF