G19 magz [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : G19 magz

Wp.22
08-09-2006, 03:14
can i change the magazine base plate so that it becomes flat when i inserted it the gun. if it is possible when can i buy?

thanks

Ferdz
08-09-2006, 04:44
Have same inquiry also where to find flat standard magazine base pads for Glock magazines to replace the factory +2 pads? Have future plans to acquire a preowned G19. Confused lang ako sa PPSA ROs who disallow Glock shooters from the production division since their Glock pistols are factory equipped with +2 base pads. Pang standard division na daw ang Glocks na ganyan from the factory? :upeyes:

TTPower
08-09-2006, 05:16
Originally posted by Ferdz
Have same inquiry also where to find flat standard magazine base pads for Glock magazines to replace the factory +2 pads? Have future plans to acquire a preowned G19. Confused lang ako sa PPSA ROs who disallow Glock shooters from the production division since their Glock pistols are factory equipped with +2 base pads. Pang standard division na daw ang Glocks na ganyan from the factory? :upeyes:

check nyo sa twin pines and final option. go to makati cinema square. final option carries almost all glock parts and accesories. bumili ako ng flat base pads for my g23 mas concealed kasi when i carry.

HEAVY
08-09-2006, 07:27

that also frustrated me at the start but when i read the ipsc rulebook i realized the RO's have no choice in the matter.

IPSC rule specifically disallow +2 basepads (among other things) for the production division.

check out the online rulebook ng ipsc at www.ipsc.org

i had to purchase flat baseplates for my glock 19 mags too.

cost 500pesoses sa twin pines.

get the ones with the inserts, otherwise di mo rin magagamit.

Ferdz
08-09-2006, 08:29
Thanks guys, I wonder if Glock Corporation knows the IPSC situation when they decided to standardized +2 base pads in their current production. In law enforcement, military and civilian home defense application the +2 base pads maybe okay, but not with the watchful ROs in sanctioned competitions. :upeyes:

jimbullet
08-09-2006, 09:22
Heavy,

I also experienced the same. However wont they just allow us to have the +2 basepads but not load the extra 2 rounds instead?

orimar3
08-09-2006, 09:30
Thanks guys, I wonder if Glock Corporation knows the IPSC situation when they decided to standardized +2 base pads in their current production. In law enforcement, military and civilian home defense application the +2 base pads maybe okay, but not with the watchful ROs in sanctioned competitions. :upeyes:

What's Glock got to do with IPSC rules???? As far as I know, the rule on no extensions or +2 applies to ALL brands of firearms, not just Glock.

When a dealer imports a gun from Glock factory, they are asked to specify things such as extended or standard mag release/slide stop, sight options (adjustable/fixed) and the kind of mag pad installed (flat or +2). The reason most Glock mags available here are +2 is because the dealer importing them chooses it to be so.

HEAVY
08-09-2006, 16:01
Originally posted by jimbullet
Heavy,

I also experienced the same. However wont they just allow us to have the +2 basepads but not load the extra 2 rounds instead?

i guess not.

besides, what RO has time to check that you loaded 15 rounds and not 17?

flat basepads will prevent cheating.

and rules are rules, i guess.

dura lex, sed lex.

HEAVY
08-09-2006, 16:04
Originally posted by orimar3
When a dealer imports a gun from Glock factory, they are asked to specify things such as extended or standard mag release/slide stop, sight options (adjustable/fixed) and the kind of mag pad installed (flat or +2). The reason most Glock mags available here are +2 is because the dealer importing them chooses it to be so.

that is correct, sir.

the +2 basepads are dealer option.

i guess trust trade opted for the +2.

they must have thought it will be more attractive to buyers.

better value, they must have thought.

Wp.22
08-09-2006, 17:45
heavy, what do you mean by inserts?

HEAVY
08-09-2006, 18:39
the mag insert is a flat piece of plastic that holds the mag spring down.

it also locks the baseplate to the mag body.

Wp.22
08-09-2006, 20:25
many thanks sir Heavy

isuzu
08-10-2006, 00:11
Originally posted by HEAVY
the mag insert is a flat piece of plastic that holds the mag spring down.

it also locks the baseplate to the mag body.

http://glockmeister.com/3genmags.shtml

royal glockster
08-10-2006, 08:55
off topic...which is a better gun for prod, a g19 or g17?

orimar3
08-12-2006, 12:29
Originally posted by royal glockster
off topic...which is a better gun for prod, a g19 or g17?

As a gun for Production Division competition, the G17 holds the advantage of having a longer barrel and an additional 2 rounds as compared to a G19.