Advise [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Advise

BUZ
08-09-2006, 20:49
I need some advise, We have a small shop, we do coating on firearms,and repair also,we have a small inventory of guns and accesorys.
We are a FFL dealer, we operate evenings and weekends,and yes we still work our regular 40 hrs.jobs.All of the equipement and inventory is paid for.We have been in business for two years.It has been tough to make ends meet!We do not have the capital for a lot of guns

We live in a town with app 200,000. We have to compete with Walmart,Big 5, Academy. One large gun shop and two smaller ones, so that makes the market tough
So any ideas or advise would be greatly appreciated

Thanks BUZ

Texas Boy
08-11-2006, 23:47
Buz, what shop are you. TX Tactical? I ask because I am also in Lubbock. What kind of coatings do you do?

BUZ
08-12-2006, 07:52
Our company name is R and J Performance Coatings.
We apply Gun Kote. You can reach us through our web site
http://randjperformancecoatings.com (randjperformancecoatings)

Thanks BUZ

geminicricket
08-19-2006, 16:21
An FFL in Lewisville is owned by a guy who is also a two-career individual. His web site is www.sportingarms.com. He has a day job, and his stay-home wife run the shop while he's at work.

Another gun shop in Fort Worth concentrates on moving a high volume of cheap foreign military surplus guns through a storefront.

Both business models can succeed.

Get control of your business model, control your spending, improve your advertising and customer service, and you will make ends meet.

I've been surfing gun boards and mfgr sites on the web for 5 years and I've never heard of your shop.
Study guerrilla marketing, implement it, get the word out.

BUZ
08-19-2006, 20:33
Thanks for your time and your advise!!

44>hunter
08-27-2006, 11:56
oops