southpaw carry [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : southpaw carry

benoit
08-14-2006, 19:59
hi fellow lefties or should i say southpaws. being a left handed person and shooter we are always limited with carry options. well i found a neat little thing called the clipdraw it can be mounted for left or right hand use, on the pistol. it is easy to use and cheap , that is it wont brake the bank. no need to put a holster on your belt. less bulk when carrying.i like it and if i want to wear a holster i can with on problem, check it out at the glockstore.com. rvery now and then something comes along that needs to be checked out, well this is one of them...:cool: :cool: benoit..

GMAN40
08-30-2008, 05:49
Lefty holsters have been better over the years. A real ***** to find in stock !

RyanNREMTP
08-30-2008, 10:54
I have the clipdraw plate on my G19 right now but I've only used it once I believe. It is a good idea but I will not use it while I have a round in the chamber. Too many problems could occur.

I agree holsters are hard to find for us southpaws but since when has anything ever been easy for us.

Jeepnik
09-16-2008, 17:03
Okay, here goes. I gave up on over the counter stuff years ago. I prefer leather. So, I have found leathersmiths that can make what I "want". I usually carry crossdraw. Either IWB or OWB. It's great when seated (as in a vehicle), and makes the handgun very accessable to my off hand (try drawing with your off hand from an IWB at about the 4:00 position). Done properly, either strong or weak, the muzzle doesn't cover any parts of your anatomy, and no bystanders, as well.

Furyataurus
10-03-2008, 16:55
I carry at 6 o'clock using a Bianchi model 6 IWB holster size 14 for my HK USP 9, FNP40, and my little bro's G20.

JimBianchi
10-03-2008, 16:59
Unless the trigger is covered, no carry system is safe.

As a lefty carring concealed, I've used SmartCarry, CrossBreed IWB, Bianchi 100 IWB and numerous pocket holster that all cover the trigger properly.

lcp
10-09-2008, 17:55
I recently received a left hand IWB holster from High Noon Holsters. They actually have southpaw holsters in stock ready to ship. I was very surprised.