Spray in bed liners [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Spray in bed liners

hankhan
08-15-2006, 22:30
I've had a Rhino liner and was happy with it - today my dealer suggested Linex as an alternative. Any reason to go with one vs. the other?

Warp
08-18-2006, 23:15
I have never owned a pickup but based on second hand experiences Rhino is a good investment.

Lee-online
08-19-2006, 22:40
linex seems to be a popular product now. it seem to be far better than rhino. if you google it, you will find the procedures are different and the linex has a better application process.

either one is better than nothing. i just have a drop in and found it does what its supposed to. if it gets damaged i can buy a new one and drop it in.

32FordPSP
08-20-2006, 10:17
Just a followup to your post.

I do commercial/municipal sales for a Ford dealership and use nothing but Linex. My customers are happier with Linex then Rhino and that's what I use exclusively.

Linex has several advatanges over the Rhino:

1.) Peeling: Rhino tands to peel due to the application of the liner itself. Linex actually sands the paint to allow adhersion of the material. I have had several customer who had Rhino replace them with Linex because they peel.

2.) Product: The Rhino material is just like a plastic bedliner and allows materials to slide all over in the bed. The linex is more of an abrasive material which eliminates this.

3.) Finish: The Linex liner has a better overall finish then the Rhino. Their application is thinner and leaves a better overall appearance.

Hopefully this helps you out on your decision.

LOOGIE1
08-25-2006, 14:58
I have a nissan titan the liner was done at the dealership the thing is crap i work my titan verry hard i am in the construction feild doing under ground utitlites (water sewer stormdrain) we work are trucks as hard as they can be worked hauling towing this a true test of a truck the truck holds up awsom just hauled 1400 pounds of scrap to the yard yesterday. But for the bed liner it is crap the thing is pealing and when i throw scrap iron pipe in to the bed it will peal the liner up quick the liner is one year old and dont think it will out last the truck. i dont know who nissan uses but there liners realy suck just my 2 cents

Bill73
08-26-2006, 15:43
1.)I have Rhino and they sanded the paint for perfect adhesion. There is no peeling.

2.)Rhino does not let a load slide around like linex. In fact, sometimes I wish it would allow at least some sliding for ease of loading heavy objects.

3.)The finish is thicker on Rhimo and it lasts forever, not like the thin linex.

A very satisfied customer speaking from experience, and not a sales pitch!

Originally posted by 32FordPSP
Just a followup to your post.

I do commercial/municipal sales for a Ford dealership and use nothing but Linex. My customers are happier with Linex then Rhino and that's what I use exclusively.

Linex has several advatanges over the Rhino:

1.) Peeling: Rhino tands to peel due to the application of the liner itself. Linex actually sands the paint to allow adhersion of the material. I have had several customer who had Rhino replace them with Linex because they peel.

2.) Product: The Rhino material is just like a plastic bedliner and allows materials to slide all over in the bed. The linex is more of an abrasive material which eliminates this.

3.) Finish: The Linex liner has a better overall finish then the Rhino. Their application is thinner and leaves a better overall appearance.

Hopefully this helps you out on your decision.

novaDAK
08-31-2006, 02:54
I have a Rhino liner, still holding up great.

avmech
09-22-2006, 14:33
I have had both on 2 different trucks.

Linex: started bubbling after 3 months, no help from Linex, total POS.

Rhino: is now 4 years old out in the FL sun.....not a single problem.

Rhino also sands the paint before shooting the product. Stuff slides way less on the Rhino than Linex. I am hard on the bedliners too