Archery opener stats [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Archery opener stats

noway
08-26-2006, 21:59
I'm starting this thread for anybody that have an archery season and any status on game harvest.

Today was mt 1st day in the field for actually hunting . Success was = 0. I saw a tons of turkeys and even had 2 quail walk out within 5 yrs of my position but I saw Nada in the shape of anything with fur. I had nothing to draw upon and after seeing the quail walk around my position I should have shot one for a meal or appetizer ;)

It was hot & humid ( weather forcast showed 94% humidity ) and the rain clouds darken up later in the day. Mosquitoes where landing upon each other trying to find an area to bite and my thermacell units ( yes units as in 2 ) where overwork and pretty much useless.

I gave up after 12:00AM. If mankind can't handle the weather, humidity, & mosquitoes , I 'm betting the deer/hogs couldn't handle the them either ;)
Most other hunters I;'ve encounter had the same results as me.

I do wonder what/where the animals goes at under these conditions?

StockGlock23
08-26-2006, 22:40
I am wringing(sp?) my hands in jealousy that you are out there chasing game. I only gun hunt and I am just twitching at the chance to get out there. Scouting is just not doing it for me.

vafish
08-27-2006, 09:26
I still have about 3 weeks until our suburban archery season begins. Does only until October.

I've seen several very large bucks around. Hopefully they'll still be around when the rut comes in.

GeorgiaGlockMan
08-27-2006, 15:28
Noway - I had the same results today changing game camera cards.

Mosqitos and gnats were thick, it was hot as haddes and I used so much deep-woods off it was making me feel nauseous.

The only good thing was this was the first weekend in 2 months that I didn't have to perform a tick-endectomy.

I did see a covey of about 6 juevenile quail they were about 2" tall - cute little suckers running around everywhere.

At least you got to hunt.

We are 13 days away.

Also saw the first buck of the season on game camera without velvet.

noway
08-27-2006, 18:10
{it was hot as haddes}

ditto hot as hell plus 90deg plus 94% humidty from what the online weather reported. I think I lost about 12lbs in weight also from yesterday and nursing mosquitoes wounds all day today.

Today I didn't even bother to go out ( it seems to have been a few degrees cooler if that ). :frown:

I still haven't seen anything with horns on it's heads as of yet during pre-hunting/scouting but man alot of deer tracks. I begining to think they ( deer/hogs ) are 100% noctural and grazing during the nightness.

btw: nice looking buck.

GeorgiaGlockMan
09-06-2006, 21:02
Noway, how about now?

Have you got one this season yet?

noway
09-07-2006, 07:14
Been twice and only seen quail and turkeys. Heard a yote barking probably 50yards away, but never seen him. Second trip I saw bumkus and got nearly bitten to death. Going again this sunday and hope I get to throw an arrow at anything ;)