Your prayers please [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Your prayers please

Fred Hansen
08-28-2006, 11:51
My nephew left Seattle this morning for Marine Corps Recruit Depot San Diego... he follows in the footsteps of one of his great-great grandfathers who was a Marine in the Philipines during the Spanish-American War. Each generation of our family have served our country in the Armed Forces, and I am extremely proud that he has carried on the tradition of defending our great nation.

I look forward to seeing him receive his EGA three months hence. He's a great kid, and he has the heart of a lion, and I honestly can't think of a better group of men and women to entrust him to. That said, it's still tough to see him go...

My family and I would appreciate your prayers and kind thoughts at this time.

Semper Fi from an old swab!

:patriot:

gruntmedik
08-28-2006, 14:11
:drillsgt: :patriot: :angel:

Fred Hansen
08-28-2006, 14:31

Deftanker
08-28-2006, 19:42
Peace be with your nephew. He is in our prayers.

Fred Hansen
08-30-2006, 17:21

able1234
08-31-2006, 11:56
He will be fine. The feed him well and he has 3 Men watching over his every move to ensure his safety, well being and earning the right to be called a United States Marine.

Fred Hansen
08-31-2006, 13:21

I know he'll be fine just as I know that he will do well; he was taught to love family, God, and country and when he's through I'm sure he'll love the Corps. He's also a crackshot with rifle/shotgun/handgun/bow... he'll do just fine.

Kingslayer
08-31-2006, 13:41
He doesn't need prayers, he needs cookies. Send him lots of cookies!

Ender
09-02-2006, 22:43
Originally posted by Kingslayer
He doesn't need prayers, he needs cookies. Send him lots of cookies!

damn man, thats just WRONG. :rofl:

Fred Hansen
11-30-2006, 01:53
Originally posted by Fred Hansen

I know he'll be fine just as I know that he will do well; he was taught to love family, God, and country and when he's through I'm sure he'll love the Corps. He's also a crackshot with rifle/shotgun/handgun/bow... he'll do just fine. Just got back from one of the best times of my entire life!

I went to MCRD San Diego for my nephew's graduation from boot camp, and my nephew's platoon (3042) was the Honor Platoon for his entire company (Mike of 3rd Battalion). He was awarded Private First Class and shot expert on Qualification Day with an M16A2 rifle - second highest shooter in what turned out to be the top platoon! We got to see him do his motivational run, and later that morning we got to see his Eagle, Globe & Anchor ceremony... a very moving and meaningful moment that I will remember forever.

I thought his mom and his girlfriend and his aunt were going to come unglued if they would have had to wait even a second longer to see him after the EGA ceremony. I had my hands full in restraining them from running out onto the Parade Deck. LOL!

He showed us all around the base, and we made sure to take hundreds of pictures. I was proud as could be to be able to buy him an Expert riflery badge and a National Defense Service Medal for his dress uniform at the recruit exchange.

The next day we got to see morning colors (normally done on Friday, but they did it on Wednesday so the new Marines could be on leave for Thanksgiving) and Brigadier General Salinas gave a very inspirational speech. Then we got ready for the final graduation ceremony -- again done with excellent precision -- and then they cut the new Marines loose in time to have Thanksgiving Day with their families.

The folks from Harbor Presbyterian Church in San Diego, in conjunction with Holiday Inn Mission Bay, and Embassy Suites San Diego, put on a fully catered Thanksgiving meal for all Marines and their families who were staying at the hotel. My special thanks to William (security for Holiday Inn) for helping to arrange the meal, and for making all those young Marines feel as special as they are. Everywhere we went in San Diego the people were extraordinarily helpful. What a fantastically good time!

And what a fine young man my nephew is! I'm Navy to the bone, but thank God for the United States Marine Corps. God bless America, and Semper Fidelis! To all my Marine friends past and present... Bravo Zulu Marines!!! :usmc: :patriot:

Blitzer
11-30-2006, 03:57
:thumbsup: :supergrin: :angel: :cheerleader: :drillsgt: :eagle: :number1: :patriot:

Fred Hansen
11-30-2006, 04:15
:supergrin: :patriot: :usmc: