Best shooter? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Best shooter?

Greg-Dawg
09-04-2006, 13:08
What would you say is the best shooter game that's has longevity?

Please specify the console also.

Thanks.

Tvov
09-05-2006, 11:19
"specifiy the console", so you only want console game recommendations? Not PC?

kswiss2783
09-06-2006, 09:50
Halo 2 for xbox

jolt8me
09-09-2006, 17:43
doom for the pc. First game released as shareware. Had lots and lots of mods done to it. Its a legend.

BManoftheyear
09-13-2006, 21:56
call of duty 2 its a blast online

THEPOPE
09-14-2006, 22:58
Originally posted by BManoftheyear
call of duty 2 its a blast online

Cod 2, is the best for looks, playability, style, realism, movement,

sound, too bad IW, the game designers decided to abandon it`s people, ignore requests for Punk Buster, and Mods for maps, for far too long, and folks lost interest, got pissed, and left in droves....

On-line is the ONLY way to play this exciting game, the rest are second rate shooters...lagg issues, and cheaters galore.

still, there are 8000 servers about, most are empty, most of the time...too bad.

It will die a slow, painful death now, long and drawn out,I will be it`s last hold-out....pray for my everlasting soul....

Ime outte ;)

Trigariumrex
09-17-2006, 21:20
I'm not sure by what you mean by longevity but these games below have quite a strong online following which usually helps sustain a games playability.

PC:
Counterstrike Source
Battlefield 2

X-Box:
Halo 2

X-Box 360:
Call of Duty 2 (It's okay on PC, but there's alot of cheating that I prefer it on Xbox Live)
Ghost Recon: Advanced Warfighter

Playstation 2
Call of Duty 2 Big Red One (haven't played it in awhile but the mp was decent)

pjrocco
09-20-2006, 10:43
The original Tribes 1.. which pretty much started the whole first person online multi-player shooter.

Strider47
09-26-2006, 12:26
CoD2 on the 360. Online is very fun and it seems more "adult" than Halo2, or maybe the kids are just maturing.

GlockDobe
09-26-2006, 16:16
For the pc back in the day was wolfienstien now there are so many depends on what you like fear is a very good one and bf2

for the xbox has to be halo and halo2 hands down

for the 360 is graw and the new rainbow 6 vegas looks like it will be good

i dont own a ps2 but for fun i think socom is not a bad series

Tvov
09-26-2006, 20:12
Halo on Xbox is great for it's singleplayer, if the youngsters online annoy you. I played it a lot on PC. After playing it awhile, you may find yourself trying to save as many Marines as possible while going through the levels. Why they threw in the obligatory undead zombies (the "flood"), I'll never know.
I haven't played Halo2.

epsylum
09-29-2006, 20:48
I am still an Unreal fan.

FPSes on consoles mostly suck. A stick will never be as good as a keyboard and mouse when it comes to FPSes. Halo is good, but it is better on the PC for that sole reason.

GlockDobe
09-30-2006, 00:40
Originally posted by epsylum
I am still an Unreal fan.

FPSes on consoles mostly suck. A stick will never be as good as a keyboard and mouse when it comes to FPSes. Halo is good, but it is better on the PC for that sole reason.

I totally have to disaggree with you i was te same way until i really played them and i now prefer a controller or plat the fps games on the console what can you do on a computer that you cant on a console