Need a siren [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Need a siren

thetoastmaster
09-07-2006, 16:54
Please excuse the double post.

Hello firefighters and EMTs. I am refurbishing a 1927 Wurlitzer theater organ in Salt Lake City. This theater and organ belong to Salt Lake County, who uses it for silent movies and other events. I need a six or tewlve volt old electric motor driven siren (such as the kind once used in firetrucks, ambulances, and police cars), any make or model. If any of you have such a siren in your garages or shops, please send me a PM, so we can make financial arrangements.

Thank you very much.

-Bo

Tvov
09-07-2006, 17:20
Well, that's a different request! I'll ask around, you never know.

DTD2
09-07-2006, 19:37
Got a picture?

fireguy129
09-08-2006, 17:00
try elightbars (http://www.elightbars.org)

obxemt
09-15-2006, 13:19
I've got one that I would send you at no cost if you covered shipping, but I'm not certain it works, and not sure how to test it. Several years ago it worked when hooked up to a battery charger. It is a Federal siren with the "V" grille commonly used by the FDNY in the 60s, painted army green so I presume it was a military siren.

I could have sworn that I was the only organist (or fan ) on GT. I've got a Rodgers 535 in my home and currently play at a Lutheran Church, I studied organ performance at Westminster Choir College and East Carolina University.

thetoastmaster
09-15-2006, 16:04
Originally posted by obxemt
I've got one that I would send you at no cost if you covered shipping, but I'm not certain it works, and not sure how to test it. Several years ago it worked when hooked up to a battery charger. It is a Federal siren with the "V" grille commonly used by the FDNY in the 60s, painted army green so I presume it was a military siren.

I could have sworn that I was the only organist (or fan ) on GT. I've got a Rodgers 535 in my home and currently play at a Lutheran Church, I studied organ performance at Westminster Choir College and East Carolina University.

Pm inbound.

firefighter1241
09-23-2006, 23:28
Try sirenman.com

He has many vintage lights and sirens for sale. He also will fix and restore your items.