Anyone uses Nonkian or GY Fortera tires? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone uses Nonkian or GY Fortera tires?

09-13-2006, 19:52
Need new tires for my 4x4 before the white stuff flies.

I can order Goodyear Fortera Triple Tread off the web and find a place to mount/balance/install them. Or I can get Nokian WR locally, for about the same price installed.

Any experience with either of those. I'd rather stick with all-season tires. Isuzu was OK (great when they were new ) with OEM GY Integrity, so either FTT or WR would be better than OEM.

Thanks!

Diesel Scout
09-14-2006, 11:36
Originally posted by 454
Need new tires for my 4x4 before the white stuff flies.

I can order Goodyear Fortera Triple Tread off the web and find a place to mount/balance/install them. Or I can get Nokian WR locally, for about the same price installed.

Any experience with either of those. I'd rather stick with all-season tires. Isuzu was OK (great when they were new ) with OEM GY Integrity, so either FTT or WR would be better than OEM.

Thanks!

I believe my roommate had Nokian on his Cherokee for quite along time. Aren't they made in Finland or some such place? Anyhow the tires were great for snow and packed snow. When we hit solid ice we'd chain up all four and keep going. I was really impressed with the tires on packed snow. You could still get the truck squirly if you drove like and idiot, but the overall preformace was awesome. Even pulled a Durango out of snow bank fairly easily.

09-14-2006, 14:26
Thank you. I thought I was being blackballed :). I am going with Nokian. If something ever happens to them (ie tires out of round), I'll have a local place to go. I also did some digging around, and WR seem to get reviews over in Canada. If they do well in Canada, they should be great in AK :)