Suggestion when moving posts... [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion when moving posts...

Sidhe
10-01-2006, 09:59
I'd like to suggest (and maybe this has been suggested before), that when moderators/staff move a post/thread from one forum to another, that they either leave the title of the original in its original location with a note saying where it was moved TO, and/or they also put a note in the thread in its NEW location so that folks know where it came from originally and why it was moved to the new location.

Case in point: http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=596502

This thread appeared originally in the General Glocking forum (I believe) and has now been moved to the 1911 forum. Folks there are wondering why folks in the thread are coming into the 1911 forum to troll. This is not the case. The OP in this case did not post in the 1911 forum, he posted elsewhere.

Anyway, it might go a long way to clearing confusion, including the 'where did that thread go!' musings.

Thanks for listening.

Kat

Fred
10-01-2006, 15:20
I'm not sure I understand you. When a post is moved someplace else, the original post title remains in its original location as a "pointer" to its new location. As far as leaving a note, I agree that would be a good thing to do, but most moderators just don't have the kind of time that would require every time they moved something.

Sidhe
10-01-2006, 16:52
Originally posted by Fred
I'm not sure I understand you. When a post is moved someplace else, the original post title remains in its original location as a "pointer" to its new location. As far as leaving a note, I agree that would be a good thing to do, but most moderators just don't have the kind of time that would require every time they moved something.

Thanks Fred!

I didn't go back to see if the original pointer was in the original location (my bad, I should have). I was posting on the fly before heading out the door to the range today, but thanks for the reply.

Kat