need some lure help please [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : need some lure help please

BManoftheyear
10-04-2006, 19:33
i'm not a professional,obviously i need some help.
where i fish at there are perch,bluegill,catfish,crappie,and bass.
it is a lake and i dont have boat access but i can walk around the lake thru the woods so i can cover a better area then the others who only fish on shore and off the dock.
i bought a daiwa d force pole and reel and i put a 12lb line on it.
i need to know what kind of lure to use?
I dont want to use the old bobber,worm and hook,even tho i have caught all the above fish with it before.I want to try something new.My grandfather says to use a spinnerbait,my grandmother says worm and hook my friends use worm and hook and they dont care what they catch.I just want something that maybe is able to get all the above fish mentioned without changing lures a bunch of times.I have the rubber plastic worms,in 3 inch to 12 inch,i have 3 inch yellow rubber grubs.
I just need someone with good experience to help a young buck out thankyou

noway
10-05-2006, 07:28
Why don't you use all that was suggestion to you?

You see what works one day might not the next and want works the next might not work the next day put yet it worked the 1st time out ;) see what I mean?

My dad has this one comment about crappie jig and color bodys.

"The fisherman who catches the most has the biggest variety of bodies"

Basically what he's saying. Fish are picky about what they eat.

Also since you mention 3+ varierty of fishes, theirs really not a bait that's best for all. Yes you can catch a perch/cat/blue/crappie/bass on a spinner bait but theirs an ideal bait for your waters that would catch the most or the biggest.

if I was you and targeting late fall bass I would look at a 6-8" worm on a carloina jig fish sloooooooooow. If you can get it 1-2ft off the bottom and slow crawl it, it should catch a bass or two.

if I was fishing perch/bluegill/crappie I would fish a 1/16-1/32oz jig head with a spinner or maybe not and cast it out near any nature cover ( pier piles, fallen logs, heavy grass, rocks,fish attractors,etc......) and let it fall and jig the pole a few times. I would cast 3-10times and if no bite move on and repeat. Change bodies until you get some nibble and bites. If the fish is hunger enough you should get something.

Catfish...well I don't do cat so I can help you out in that area ;)

Razoreye
10-05-2006, 08:45
Rooster tails will get all the above minus the catfish. Use a second pole with liver or something if you want a catfish. Anyways, the Rooster tails will get small and big panfish and small bass. Occasionally you can get a bigger bass but I haven't. It is definitely a fun shore bait to say the least.

Right now I'm working on jignpig'n but I think my results would be far better if I could fish the shore from a boat.

BManoftheyear
10-05-2006, 20:22
i've never used a jig and i dont even know what they look like.
Maybe you can shed some light on this for me.
I'll look up rooster tails and maybe i can find it at my local wal-mart or dicks sporting goods store

noway
10-05-2006, 21:00
Go to wlamart fishing isle and rooster tails and jig head should be right their next to the crappie/bluegill kits.

THEPOPE
10-05-2006, 22:06
If you want bass, check out the thread, below this one a bit...

"Fish I`ve known and loved..." by...ME !

Pics, and a good discussion between Razoreye and yours truly concerning Jigs-n-pigs.....

I am an expert bass fisherman....simple answer for bass, plastic, blue Texas rigged worm, spinnerbaits are excellent, as are in-line spinners....top water baits, like a frog or a popper like a rapala popper, tungsten bullet slider weight rig, with a tube or plastic worm, also Tex rigged....

Even live rigs, with a night-crawler on a small hook , hooked through the head,will catch big bass, as well as many other species....

need more info? ask.

I`m out, usually fishing, sometimes shooting....never both at the same time...
;)

Razoreye
10-05-2006, 23:26
Listen to THEPOPE, he knows of what he speaks. I can't catch very large stuff from the shore (besides catfish) but maybe you'll have some better luck than I. It's alright because I just enjoy being out there even if I get nothing! Have fun!

<---- Still uses a ol' worm and bobber the most!