Moving Out Tuesday [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Moving Out Tuesday

CookieGirl
10-06-2006, 18:46
So, our Marine deploys on Tuesday for Iraq. I'm worried and sad. I know he has the best training in the world, but still, I want him to come home breathing and in one piece.

My daughter and her friends are hemming handkerchiefs and writing letters to send to him and his colleagues. I'm sure those are inconsequential things compared with what will be going on around him, but it makes the 10 year olds feel useful and helpful.

USMC Scout Dog
10-06-2006, 20:37
I pray God to bless your Marine, and keep him out of harms way. May your bond with him grow each day. May you come to know what it means to be a United States Marine, and to be willing to give all for the cause of your country, or for another Marine. I pray Heavenly Father's most choice blessings be with you, to be with your family, and to be with all in our military service and their families. Semper Fi

rick458
10-07-2006, 08:49
Amaen to that Brother,
and Cookie girl letters from home mean more than you will ever know esp from loved ones keep them as upbeat as possible Honest but up beat

CookieGirl
10-09-2006, 08:44
Many thanks to all who posted. Your prayers and thoughts are so much appreciated. We will keep the home fires burning. I have a friend whose 20 year old son (USA) is home from Ramadii this week. He tells such sad and worrisome stories...

lethrnk
10-09-2006, 13:17
HeyCookieGirl,

My Son came home from Ramadi on Monday, 2-Oct-06. There is nothing anyone can say to you unless they have been in the shoes of someone sending their Son to war... My son Ben is an 0331 Machine/SAW gunner. He saw a lot of action and brought home lots of video. One thing that he and the rest of the guys really like is freezer pops... You can buy big boxes of them at WalMart. Also send lots of socks and undershorts... It is so hot over there, and they usually are out long periods of time without a change, so when they come in they just throw the stuff away... May God watch over all of our Marines and Soldiers...

Semper Fi-

dbolden
10-12-2006, 17:22
Write and send those letters. Occasionally if you can throw in pics of family, friends and special places from home. Any encouragement and good news is awesome. The less they feel cut-off from the real world the better. If you can get a local elementary to adopt the platoon/unit it will do wonders for their morale. It is very inspiring to get a letter from a third grader you don't even know.

:thumbsup:

CookieGirl
10-12-2006, 20:36
A very good idea about having an elementary class adopt the unit. And I just "happen to have" a bright and creative fifth grader handy around the house. Hmmmm...I smell a composition activity in the making.

SeriousStudent
10-15-2006, 16:40
Please be sure and tell your son thank you for us. We appreciate his service to our country!

:patriot:

dbolden
11-06-2006, 21:22
How's the deployment going?

CookieGirl
11-07-2006, 04:28
Well, we've learned he's in a pretty hot spot (the one that's in the news frequently) and they're seeing action. They had an injury casualty within about four days of being there. We don't get news very often, but he's hanging in there. What can I say? He's a Marine. We worry every single day. But we're not any different from thousands of other people who have loved ones over there.

Thanks so much for asking.

SeriousStudent
11-08-2006, 20:09
We will be sure and keep in in our prayers.

CookieGirl
11-08-2006, 20:28
Thank you so much. The Marines are an amazing bunch of people. Tim's just one of them. All of our troops deserve our prayers and good wishes, regardless of what you think about the war. They're people just like us--with hopes and dreams and needs. I want them all home safe and sound as soon as reasonably possible.

engineer151515
11-08-2006, 20:32
May God bless your family and return your Marine home safe and sound.

My son is over there. I know how you feel.

CookieGirl
11-09-2006, 04:41
Thanks so much. We'll remember your Marine as well. We should be so fortunate that they will all come home safely and soon.