I'm mad as hell [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : I'm mad as hell

MoJo33
10-07-2006, 20:17
So, it sound like the army is not allowing our troops to have the very best armor available, dragon skin, so that is can save a few bucks!!! If what I hear is true, from what is posed on the pinnacle website as well as several other sources, it sounds as if they are failing the armor for BS reasons and going with the intercepter despite it's sort commings.

I'm glad I'm out, I would be raising hell if I was one of the troops who bought my own dragon skin armor and was forced to wear an inferior product!

FDC
10-07-2006, 20:38
Originally posted by MoJo33
So, it sound like the army is not allowing our troops to have the very best armor available, dragon skin, so that is can save a few bucks!!! If what I hear is true, from what is posed on the pinnacle website as well as several other sources, it sounds as if they are failing the armor for BS reasons and going with the intercepter despite it's sort commings.

I'm glad I'm out, I would be raising hell if I was one of the troops who bought my own dragon skin armor and was forced to wear an inferior product!

:deadhorse: :upeyes:

MoJo33
10-08-2006, 12:23
I guess a picture is really worth a 1000 words.......

justinhcannon
10-08-2006, 16:10
Here's my take on armor. When I was a Ranger, we were issued RBA. When I went to 3ID, we wore the Interceptor. I believe the RBA (the newer model without the huge box in front) is a superior product. It opens from the sides (slip it over your head, wrap the hook and pile cumberbund around the waist, and clip the R and L fasteners. I prefer this on operations where there is alot ov movement, as it has to be deliberately removed. The interceptor can work its way loose or undone. There is also a greater range of movement available with the RBA concerning armpit and neck area. I am short and don't have much of a neck. With the RBA, I could wear my MICH and PVS14s, lay prone, and commence aimed firing. Not gonna happen with the interceptor (especially with PASGT Kpot). The best part is, the RBA was an older product. I don't know why everybody didn't just get those instead.

Juell
10-23-2006, 10:36
These days, they have us wearing quite a bit of extra stuff too. The side sapi plates which add 11 pounds, neck protector, throat protector, kevlar arm protectors, the nut protector, and if we get into contact and we don't have our ROE and LOAC cards, god help us.
I'm sure all these little add ons are effective against shrapnel and bullets, (except the stupid cards) but mobility is greatly compromised. And if I'm getting shot at when I'm in a tight spot, (as has happened) it's VERY hard to maneuver.
We can wear plate carriers only, or even dragon skin, but we have to sign a waiver giving up the SGLI. It's rediculous.

MoJo33
10-23-2006, 12:13
I can't believe you have to sign a waiver to carry better equipment. I know the dragon skin is heavy but it seems like it would be more moble that wearing plates, is it?

Juell, take care of you and your buddies, and make sure you all come home.

fnfalman
10-24-2006, 11:51
I don't know which armor is better, but why are you surprised about the Army not buying the latest and greatest for the troops?

That's just the way things are. Look at the ruck sacks and the boots that you guys are wearing and I was wearing. Look at that POS M16 that had been in service for more than 40-years. Look at the POS M60 machine gun that had been in service for 50-years. I can go on and on.

But that's just life in the Armed Forces.