Rcommended Airgun Source [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Rcommended Airgun Source

Tennessee Slim
10-10-2006, 18:05
Can anyone recommend a reliable and reasonably-priced online airgun merchant? I want a Beeman R-9 Goldfinger in .20 cal. Because the $ is so weak against the Ä, I knew theyíd be steep but theyíre currently YIKES!!! $522.95 at my usual spot (Airgun Express). Iíve found them listed for ~$100 less at other places that appear to be sort of fly-by-night and donít have any provision for online purchases (Pomona Airguns, etc.) but, because Iím in Iraq, Iím disinclined to waste a stateside telephone call to a merchant whose business methods are stuck in the 20th Century ;-).

So does anyone know a reputable source who doesnít hold the Goldfinger so dear?

gruntmedik
10-20-2006, 11:52
Here ya go. (http://www.pyramydair.com/cgi-bin/show.pl?cmd_rifles=show_guns_manufacturer&Manufacturer=Beeman)

Tennessee Slim
10-20-2006, 17:54
Thank you, gruntmedik. They didnít have the rifle I was looking for but their web site led me back to Pomona Airguns. Iíd tried to avoid dealing with them because they donít do web sales and, living in Iraq, having to telephone the US to place an order is a PITA. Anyway, I called Pomona and ordered one for $439. Even though they undercut Airgun Express by nearly $100, itís probably the most expensive airgun Iíll every own (although itís still reasonable, in the Krieghoff sense of the word).
:rofl:

Not five minutes after Iíd sruck the blow with Pomona, I got an E-mail reply from Airguns of Arizona, who had the same gun in stock ...for $489!!!

gruntmedik
10-20-2006, 19:04
Glad I could help. :supergrin: