Any SC guys here? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Any SC guys here?

nsb22
10-16-2006, 03:58
I have a '99 Mustang GT that I want to put a Kenne Bell blower on. Just wondering if any of you have any experience with KB's!

Thanks!!!

spoonhatchcrap
10-16-2006, 15:38
are you dead set on a kb. vortech makes a nice kit for it. one of the shops in my area is like one of the top 5 distributors for vortech too. they do a lot on sc installs and they do tuning as well. they have a dyno and everything. the owner has quite a few mustangs as well. one of which is a 99 saleen. makes like 700+ at the wheels.

check them out...www.cprace.com

nsb22
10-16-2006, 15:48
I'm pretty much set on the KB. I originally wanted a vortech, until I realized how noisy they are!!! Plus, for the same money, the KB makes more horse power and torque than the Vortech does.

I'm going for the whole sleeper thing, so the less noise the better!

Thanks for the link though! :supergrin: :nsb:

BPMACMAN
10-17-2006, 15:24
when i worked in boulder i did several mustang upgrades . these upgrades included kb blower,edelbrock performer aluminum heads,edelbrock injectors,flowmaster exhaust,granetelli maf sensors.
these cars would honk !! kb setups always consistent,easy installs and excellent performance !! go for it!

nsb22
10-17-2006, 18:22
Originally posted by BPMACMAN
when i worked in boulder i did several mustang upgrades . these upgrades included kb blower,edelbrock performer aluminum heads,edelbrock injectors,flowmaster exhaust,granetelli maf sensors.
these cars would honk !! kb setups always consistent,easy installs and excellent performance !! go for it!

Thank you! Since you did plenty of them, I have question for you.

Lets say I want to go ahead and change heads and cams while I'm adding the blower. What would you recommend?

Thanks,
nsb

Asha'man
10-17-2006, 23:31
A buddy of mine has an '04 GT with the KB 2.2 and it's been great for him so far. I believe he makes 450ish rwhp and runs high 12's at 5800 ft. Stock motor except for the blower and a good tune. He installed it himself in his garage with no major hangups.

nsb22
10-18-2006, 00:07
Originally posted by Asha'man
A buddy of mine has an '04 GT with the KB 2.2 and it's been great for him so far. I believe he makes 450ish rwhp and runs high 12's at 5800 ft. Stock motor except for the blower and a good tune. He installed it himself in his garage with no major hangups.

That is what I wanted to hear! I wanted to make sure this would be something that I would be able to do! I can do a lot, but this would be my first venture into the world of engine mods!

Two quick questions!

Did he use the chip that KB sends with the kit?

Is he running 9psi or 14psi?

I'm going to assume that he is using an intercooler.

Thanks,
Ryan

BPMACMAN
10-18-2006, 02:36
Lets say I want to go ahead and change heads and cams while I'm adding the blower. What would you recommend?

as far has bolt on performance from a head .....edelbrock!
all the kits we installed we always used stock cams which seemed to work real well at boulders altitude,5500 feet or so. as for a camshaft i would put together a list of the exact parts and pieces along with make ,model and engine,and year and call cranes techs and explain what you are looking for as an end result.(heavy street,mild strip etc)
bp

nsb22
10-18-2006, 10:14
If I can hit 500 horse, I'll be happy. I honestly doubt it will ever see a drag strip, though it would be fun to do.

I know that at 14psi, I'd be over 500, but I'm not to comfortable with that much boost right now.

Thanks!!!

Asha'man
10-22-2006, 00:53
Originally posted by nsb22
That is what I wanted to hear! I wanted to make sure this would be something that I would be able to do! I can do a lot, but this would be my first venture into the world of engine mods!

Two quick questions!

Did he use the chip that KB sends with the kit?

Is he running 9psi or 14psi?

I'm going to assume that he is using an intercooler.

Thanks,
Ryan

I would have to ask him that, actually, as I'm not sure.