Our dog Hank! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Our dog Hank!

Bill73
10-18-2006, 12:59
We lost our German Shepherd last Spring, it was sad. About two months later our daughter brought her great dog for us to keep while she was out of the country for two and a half months. Zephyr, sometimes called "Mr. Z", took a lot of the pain away.

After our daughter returned from her trip, and she and Mr. Z went home to Utah, we got the urge for another dog. Having had pure breeds before I felt another GSD would be great. Then, one Sunday afternoon, we decided to visit a shelter and troop the line......don't know why but we did. The lady showing us the various dogs pointed out Hank as one of the shelters favorite dogs. He had been adopted once but the lady brought him back, crying because she liked him so much. Hank didn't like her cat and the cat came first. Hank, of course, looked at us with tail wagging and a big smile on his face happy to see a visitor. There was something about Hank, but I can't put my finger on it.

I ask if we could put him on a lease and walk him a bit. When he came out of the big chain link enclosure he wanted to take off. I let him take me where he wanted to go and it was the nearest tree where he relieved himself and then was calm. I said "sit" and he did. I scratched him behind the ear, he licked my hand and sat there. I was hooked.

After a trial period, being checked by our Vet and obtaining a copy of his medical records we adopted him. Hank is a Lab mix, crate trained, likes every dog we have met on our neighborhood walks, loves our grandson and won't stay away from my truck.

Meet Hank.

http://pic14.picturetrail.com/VOL524/636041/13272932/196931292.jpg

Glock_36
10-18-2006, 23:21
Welcome Hank Nice to Meet You. May God Bless You for Giving One of His Creatures a Second Chance at Love.