US marine combat boot! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : US marine combat boot!

Azra'il
10-19-2006, 16:14
What brand and model, and wher can I get them, THE US MARINE BOOT, the one they use in Iraq?

SomeGuyInAHat
10-19-2006, 16:21
Your local recruiter should be able to put you in touch with a supplier. :supergrin:

Princifur
10-20-2006, 16:20
There are many rugged boots that look very much like the boots that the Marines wear available through Galls or Brigade Quartermaster; you should order and wear those boots instead of attempting to attain gear that was manufactured for the sole purpose of supplying Marines.

Marines have specific uniform items that are not available to the general public for good reasons. They are not trying to be like the rich kid on the playground with the cool toys that nobody else has; they are concerned about security. They go through great lengths to put patent and distribution restrictions on their uniform items because they want to make it very difficult for an insurgent to put together a fake uniform and walk a bomb into a target. A very common trick that the insurgents are using in Iraq right now is to wear dark blue pants and a light blue shirt (passing for Iraqi Police, at least at a distance) and use that disguise to attack U.S. Forces or make kidnappings.

I do not know why you want the boots that Marines wear, but what I can assure you of is that they are NOT amazingly comfortable, waterproof, featherlight, or posessing some other characteristic that you can not get from a pair of brown boots from Galls or Brigade Quartermaster; please go there for your boots.

Marine8541
10-21-2006, 00:08
Originally posted by Princifur

Marines have specific uniform items that are not available to the general public for good reasons. They are not trying to be like the rich kid on the playground with the cool toys that nobody else has; they are concerned about security. They go through great lengths to put patent and distribution restrictions on their uniform items [/B]

Just courious what uniform items are not available to the general public and what items has the USMC put patents on? The manufactuer holds patents. I have never heard of a uniform contractor who wasn't allowed to sell over runs on the open market. 10 USC chapter 45 section 771 Unauthorized wear of uniform was held to mean purposeful fraud. To the OP, if your not trying to be a poser and want the boots try here... http://www.quanticoboot.com/usmc.asp

Kingslayer
10-24-2006, 11:09
Just courious what uniform items are not available to the general public and what items has the USMC put patents on?

Civilian boots won't let you lace them up left over right silly.

Steve in PA
10-25-2006, 22:11
Originally posted by Kingslayer
Civilian boots won't let you lace them up left over right silly.

:rofl:

JasonC8301
10-29-2006, 21:22
I got Bates light weights and Belleville temperate boots.

What do I always end up wearing? (if not in the field) Danner boots...

Sure expensive at ~$180-$200 a pair but worth it.

inkslut
11-06-2006, 14:56
Originally posted by SomeGuyInAHat
Your local recruiter should be able to put you in touch with a supplier. :supergrin: :rofl: