Ortiz vs Lidell [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Ortiz vs Lidell

ArmedDefense
10-21-2006, 16:27
It was clear how Ortiz vs. Shamrock would end. Shamrock is one of the most accomplished fighters in the UFC. He was there from the very beginning. Unfortunately the new buzz around the UFC started a little too late for him. So like many other price fighters it was tough to him to call it quit when it would have been right.

To watch both fighters at their prime would have been amusing. But here we have a 10 year age difference. Shamrock never had a chance to hold off the more powerful and probably better skilled Ortiz.

Ortiz has to prove that he has hall of fame potential. To kick the butt of the aging Shamrock is one thing, to fight against Lidell is a another thing.

I am not sure how this one will end. I am hoping for Lidell to throw a bomb that will know Ortiz out. Any opinions?

Skpotamus
10-21-2006, 22:32
See UFC 47 for a good idea of what would happen if Tito Ortiz were to fight Chuck Liddell.

sburr23
10-24-2006, 09:02
I don't think Ortiz has the chin to withstand a Liddell right hand (Like Jeremy Horn, who took a few and could still fight.)

Ortiz can take Liddell down, and can punish him on the ground, but I think Liddell will land a right hand before he can get him down.

Skpotamus
10-24-2006, 14:37
You guys do realize that Liddell has already KO'ed Ortiz in the UFC I mentioned above. The fight was all on the feet since Ortiz couldn't even control the clinch with Liddell and could NOT get him down. Ortiz got saved by the bell in the first round, then the end came very quickly in the second.

do a youtube search and I'm sure you can find it.

ArmedDefense
10-24-2006, 21:04
I am aware of the last fight. Ortiz claims that he was not on the top of his game and that he as improved since then. I still believe the Lidell will bomb him out...

DBradD
10-25-2006, 22:25
Ortiz could barely get the middle-tier Forrest Griffin to the ground and really didn't do much to him when he did have him down. Liddell will avoid the takedown and eventually KO him. It'll be a snorefest, then BAM, it's over.

walangkatapat
11-10-2006, 06:34
Originally posted by ArmedDefense
I am aware of the last fight. Ortiz claims that he was not on the top of his game and that he as improved since then. I still believe the Lidell will bomb him out...

Improved by fighting whom? What I don't get why haven't they fought again already?