fishing help i need some [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : fishing help i need some

BManoftheyear
10-22-2006, 19:55
Where i am at the water temp is 50 deg and gettting lower.I live in akron ohio and this cold weather is making it a ***** to catch anything.Everyone i fish with has been without a catch this week and i dont know whats going on.No bass,cats,perch,crappie i mean nothing.
I threw everything in the box yesterday to come up empty handed.
I use spinnerbaits,buzzbaits,jigs,buzzfrogs,8 inch worm in 4 colors,minnow,nightcrawlers,wax worms.I fish off of shore and always catch something but not now.
I fish shallow,medium,deep,with and without a bobber.I even put live bait on my artificial lures to let them get the smell of bait but nothing is working.
I go to bootcamp in january and i would really like to start catching something before i go but it doesn't look good since me and my friends have caught nothing.I even went to the lake at 4 a.m. and stayed til midnight and didn't catch anything.If someone can please help out i'd really appreciate it

Sharker
10-23-2006, 08:50
Its been awhile since I lived up north and fished cold water. But I remember having luck with jig and pigs near fallen timber, and 8 inch worms (rootbeer and black/purple were my favorites, but colors vary day to day and spot to spot). The trick was to fish SSSSLLLLLOOOOOWWWWW! You could also tip the jigs with live shiners (or chubs) like you had mentioned, and let the live bait do its dance on the bottom.
Good luck. And thanks for your upcoming service to the greatest country on Earth.

THEPOPE
10-23-2006, 22:28
Getting very cold up here, lately, and last weekend, was in the 50`s, soooo, I went for a couple hours.

Windy as hell, got into a cove, less wind, and in front of an in-let, jig-n-pig, slow hops, pause, repeat.

For me, this is torture, as I have little patience, but it paid off.

Caught only two bass, one was 6 pounder, the other, a 2 pound bass.

Could be a season-ender, for me, as the weather is going down-hill in a quick succession of cold fronts.

I`m out, and good luck ;)

citori59
10-24-2006, 02:51
I fish for bullheads on the Juniata. When it gets cold I use baits that are very odoriforous.

Razoreye
10-24-2006, 11:50
Originally posted by THEPOPE
Getting very cold up here, lately, and last weekend, was in the 50`s, soooo, I went for a couple hours.

Windy as hell, got into a cove, less wind, and in front of an in-let, jig-n-pig, slow hops, pause, repeat.

For me, this is torture, as I have little patience, but it paid off.

Caught only two bass, one was 6 pounder, the other, a 2 pound bass.

Could be a season-ender, for me, as the weather is going down-hill in a quick succession of cold fronts.

I`m out, and good luck ;) I'm envious. :supergrin: :tongueout: